Old 11-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
My Warranty status for 25RR

I just want to let whomever might have been interested how this turned out on my 25RR.

The RV place that I took it to for repairs and had it damn near the rest of the summer initially irritated me. If I had planned a lot of camping I would have been pissed. The first time I got tired of waiting and after having called them repeatedly they finally said the work was done. Great I thought, so I went to the lot and found nothing I had asked about had been completed and the insurance work was shoddy (hail damage). Open gaps in the weather sealant and the trim was "wavy". Went the desk and let them know I wasn't paying a dime until the work was done correctly and hell, even done at all. Was pretty damn mad.

The second trip was totally different. Everything was done and they redid the front cap where the hail damage was the worst. It had went from looking like crap to done so well I was impressed.

Anyway, after some gnashing of teeth I got my camper fixed. The gap on the side where the wheel trim had come loose (after hauling it home, one trip) was "patched". I spoke with the dealership's owner's son and he pretty much let me know that FR wasn't going to spend any money so I got "patches". It seems to be fixed "for now" so I'll roll on with life but I had heard flowery promises on repairs for the warranty work and got grass trimings.

I will say the dealership did great "insurance" work the second time but they got a chunk of money from me and IMHO that is self explanatory. The warranty issue leaves me feeling that I will have problems if not downright disappointment if I have major problems with the camper.

I love my camper btw. Thank you Forest River for making a camper that suits my needs. They just scare me about what I can expect down the road. It left me feeling like "We already got the sale on you. Go away". Unless it is a major issue I'm thinking any quality warranty work will come out of my pocket.
apollumi is offline   Reply With Quote