Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2014, 03:36 PM   #1

Need some advice

Im new here and hope I can get some advise. My SO an I are looking into a 19RR and want to know if this is a good toy hauler and if the price is right.

2015 Forest River Cherokee Grey Wolf 19RR Travel Trailer Butler, PA Butler RV Center

I was quoted 18,900 plus TTL
It already has power awning and power hitch jack - they told me they would throw in a reese WDH , brake controller all installed for the 18,900.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance!!
bluewoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:12 PM   #2
Paradise has arrived!

Welcome neighbor. Sorry can't help you with your question as we don't have a toy hauler so don't know what is a good deal and what isn't. We bought our 2014 Coachmen at Clems in Portersville area. We keep it permanently at Rose Point off rte 422 toward New Castle.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:01 PM   #3
CTM

I didn't pay much more than that for my 2015 26RR Limited when we bought it last June. It came with a power awning, electric tongue jack, fold now screen door, upgraded furniture, keyless entry, battery, full propane tanks, and the dealer threw in WDH. In my opinion you could do better.
CTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 03:37 PM   #4
RiderBloke

I agree way too much for a 19RR . You can get the 26RR for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 04:09 PM   #5

I'm not familiar with the 19RR, but I can tell you that they are likely offering the cheapest hitch and the cheapest brake controller available. Not sure what you are towing with, but a pretty good recommendation regardless would be the Equalizer 4 point hitch and the Prodigy P3 brake controller. I would recommend you contact one of the nationwide dealers like RVWholesalers and compare prices before you sign on the dotted line. Very likely they can either sell it for less or get you a LOT more camper for the same money. Just my .02.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 04:17 PM   #6
Site Team

Dealers are not in the habit of putting their best offer out first. Chances are pretty likely they have inflated the price to start with. I would consider it a starting point.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:52 PM   #7

Thanks guys! I need to get my driveway extended if possible to store it @ home. I'll keep at em till Im happy but have to talk to contractor first before I can bit. As of right now I think hes at 17,400 for everything. Stay tuned
Old 11-19-2014, 03:59 PM   #8

Try The Outpost RV | Middlebury, Indiana | Fifth Wheels, Travel Trailers, Truck Campers, Toy Haulers For Sale | RV Dealer in Middlebury, IN. We got our Grey Wolf 21RR there. Great people to work with and they had the best price too. They installed the hitch and brake control as well. They don'the charge all the extra fees that some other dealers add on.
Good Luck!
dstrauss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #9

update: I see a lot of the Forest river 21rr for 16k ish out of state. 19rr might be to small?? Holding a honda goldwing
I was told by one dealership "don't service/warranty if it wasn't bought here"

Is there a problem buying out of state? good bad really need some help
Old 11-23-2014, 08:42 PM   #10
CTM

Hey Bluewoo,
I feel that there is always need for some sort of warranty needs. That is the reason we bought ours from a local dealer. I know we could have bought our unit for about $1500 less but the comfort of having a local dealer to depend on is very important. At least it was for me. We had some warranty issues that were taken care of with no problem. Good luck in your decision, I do know that you will really like the 26RR.
Cheers
CTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:14 PM   #11

Two years ago I bought a 21 rr which is the same thing just a little longer for $14,000. This past spring I bought a 27rr that is 33'-6" and has a slide out (also a toyhauler) for a little over $18,000.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:33 PM   #12

I live near Pgh. and if I buy another Forest River product it will be from this dealership!! I can tell you they are great people. Most dealers in the area didn't want to do warranty work if you didn't buy from them. These folks bent over backwards to try and help us!

Denny
dmer364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:11 AM   #13

Butler rv? Denny

2006 Honda Goldwing
2012 Toyota Tundra DC s(sold)
2015 Cherokee Grey wolf 19RR Limited
2017 F150 Super Crew 3.5eb 5.5
Old 11-24-2014, 08:27 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewoo View Post
update: I see a lot of the Forest river 21rr for 16k ish out of state. 19rr might be to small?? Holding a honda goldwing

The trailers look about the same - the 22rr has more couch space and a pantry but no wardrobe. I'd say it may be that you can fit more bike or bikes in a 22,

That is true about a lot of dealers unfortunately. I'd say stay in an area limited to your patience level. Really important is to do a PDI before you sign.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:30 AM   #15

Yes ,blue woo, Butler RV. I have a Flagstaff that needed repairs and Clems RV wanted $100. to fill out warranty papers and a diagnostic fee of $75.00 per hour to repair warranty issues that were already approved by Forest River. I talked to Butler RV and they more than willing to do the repairs. However the trailer went back to the factory for a bigger problem to be addressed.
Butler RV is where I'm looking When I buy next time! Everybody I talked to there was extremely nice and professional.

Denny
dmer364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:54 AM   #16

Thanks guys

2006 Honda Goldwing
2012 Toyota Tundra DC s(sold)
2015 Cherokee Grey wolf 19RR Limited
2017 F150 Super Crew 3.5eb 5.5
Old 11-24-2014, 10:05 AM   #17

Bluewoo, when we bought our 21RR, we actually went down to The Outpost RV to look at and buy a 19RR. The salesman showed us both and we decided that for just a little more money the 21RR would work so much better for us. When we're on the road a need a quick stop for a night we can still access the trailer and easily get to the "kitchen" area, one of the sofas (other is folded up to allow for the toys), bathroom and the bed. We would NOT be able to do that with the 19RR, don't think we could even get to the bathroom over the toys. I can tell you that we are SO GLAD we got the larger unit!!! As far as warranty work - we have had our small punch list of issues fixed FOR FREE at the FROG International Rally in Goshen the last two summers... A great deal and a really fun week, just sayin'....

dstrauss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #18
RiderBloke

Smile RR Weights and Measures

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewoo View Post

Bluewoo,
All the Grey Wolf RRs would take a Goldwing. The differences are in the bedroom area and also the amount of weight they can carry. The 26RR carries 2,567 lbs of cargo, the 25RR can take 3,160 lbs, and the 19RR can take 3,432 lbs according to the FR website. The GVWR is 19 RR 7,574 lbs. and 26RR 7,715 lbs so that is almost the same. It's the overall length that is quite different from 19RR at 23' 11" to 26RR at 30' 8".
Look at the website page and you can easily compare all the Grey Wolf RR series.
Good luck.
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote