Old 05-14-2015, 02:26 PM   #1

New 26RR owner

Great forum. Seems the large majority of owners are happy with their trailers.

We just purchased a new 26RR, dealer will hopefully have it in a couple weeks. It's made, just needs to be shipped to dealer and prepped.

Couple questions,
1) Where do you gain access to the water heater on the inside of the unit? Is there a access panel from the bedroom?

2) Where is the sewer hose storage? dealer said there is a pvc tube under the unit but I never noticed one. The one he had in stock sold so I'm unable to see in person.

Thanks!

Old 05-14-2015, 02:32 PM   #2
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Welcome and Congrats on your new unit!
1. The dealer will show you at your pdi, if he doesn't, make sure he does and explains the winterizing / bypass.
2. Have him show you the storage tube. I'm not sure on toy haulers, but on most tt's and 5'ers the rear bumper is hollow with rubber caps, that's where the hose goes.

Suggestion is to tell your dealer that you want several hours of the tech's time to go through the pdi with you to YOUR satisfaction. (and don't sign the papers till you're satisfied). Any minor issues should be fixed before you drive away.

1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 02:44 PM   #3

Past trailers we've owned have always had sewer discharge in the bumper, but this being a toy hauler it is supposedly underneath the unit.

the dealer already told me it comes with a 15' peice of sewer drain tube but I was wondering if there was room for more, maybe another 15'.

Also as my last trailer had the water heater at the back, you could access through the kids bunks. Just wondering where the access is for this unit. I would assume there is one beside the front bed on the left.

My dealer has been very informative, I was just doing some research prior to taking delivery.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:39 PM   #4

congrats on your toy hauler ,we just bought a 26 rr in april and r taking it out on its maiden voyage next weekend. the water heater has an access panel on the outside drivers side .and it has a tube to hold the sewer hose but it doesnt hold a 15 fot hose ,i know i tried . just to mention one other thing ,the ramp for loading your toys is very steep, i have a 2005 1200 sporty custom and i have to use extra ramps and jack the loading ramp up 10 inches to load my bike . that being said i love this camper
Old 05-15-2015, 11:47 AM   #5

Congrats on choosing the 26RR. We upgraded from a 25RR and are amazed with extra room. The water heater bypass valves are located under front bed. Ours came with hinges on the OSB but is awkward to hold up and work under. Just cut a board or piece of PVC pipe to act as prop rod and this will make life easier. The sewer hose tube is ahead of rear bumper but only holds one hose. Have fun with your purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2014 Grey Wolf 25RR, 2012 F150 3.5ecoboost 3:55elocker 4x4 firestone air bags, 2004 HD Fatboy
0488FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 02:11 PM   #6

Thanks for the reply's....that was exactly what I was after. Allows me to get better prepared so when we pick it up we'll be closer to "ready".

Thanks!!
Old 05-15-2015, 08:33 PM   #7

congrats on your new 26rr and welcome to our forum.

2006 Honda Goldwing
2012 Toyota Tundra DC
2015 Cherokee Grey wolf 19RR Limited
bluewoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:41 AM   #8
RiderBloke

You will enjoy your 26RR. Others have described the water heater access. At the front left under the bed in the storage area is access to the other side of the heater and a panel protecting it from stuff moving in the outside access storage. That panel can be replaced and redesigned to give more space for storage. So an the panel protecting the plug for the heater inside the left hand wardrobe and the panel in the RH cupboards protecting the wiring for the light switches. All those panels are placed so they could easily (read: lazily!) screw into a stud.

I have put 3 fence posts across my trailer as per other people's suggestions - one for a rhino black hose & fittings, one for a folding ladder, and a spare at this point.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1431955753.142803.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	77308

I have also made a box to go over the RH wheel arch (based on the work by another RR owner). It can fit my coffee maker, electric jug, toaster, 12v vacuum cleaner, some spares and tools, etc. it also makes a good bench for these when we are parked.

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1431955946.178611.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	289.9 KB
ID:	77309

When I get home the supplied (dangerous collapsing non storable) table will be removed and my $30 Walmart folding table be the one we carry. In the photo you can see the supplied table on its edge with an orange strap holding it.

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1431956104.622397.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	77310

The white plastic drawer system I usually pull apart to make two sets of 1 large and 1 small drawer each and they fit under the seats. I have two sets of these - one for each side. Cupboards get extra shelves and the entertainment unit a set of wire shelving to make it a pantry.
One of the drawers in the kitchen has two pieces of wood to support a cutlery holder and all the other implements go below it. The hanging rails in the wardrobes if moved towards the back of the wardrobes by 2.5 inches will hold a full size plastic hanger with no interference with the door. We have a set of plastic drawers in ours and just a few inches of hinging space.

I love farkling my bike and my 26RR.

Enjoy yours as much as I am mine on its maiden camping trip - just 16 miles from home.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:57 PM   #9

Ramp door construction

We are also new 26RR owners. So far we love it. We've been out once, going again this weekend. We carry a 2005 Goldwing and are having the well documented issues with loading. I would like to mount an extension to the ramp and attach some hinges, but can't find any info on what the door is made of. Anyone know? I would not like to have my 2'x4' aluminum plate fall off from road vibrations. I would rather not use pins requiring the extension to be "loose" in the trailer.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:00 PM   #10
RiderBloke

Getting the bike in and out

I have yet to actually put my bike in as I wanted to use the trailer first without distractions.
But I have an idea from my High School geometry. This is untried but I think has promise. If a piece of wood is placed where the back wheel is just before the undercarriage hits the trailer and maybe at the same time a similar piece under the front wheel, then the bike should be lifted enough to just pass the "hump" without bottoming. It is usually not much extra needed for clearance so I am waiting to see if I need to do this and if it will work. I would use the wood or blocks I use to put under the trailer wheels or stabilizers but sideways not lengthwise. This would only be needed sometimes as the ramp slope depends on the ground where you are when you load or unload.
Just a thought. High School was a long time ago.
Have a spotter watching that precious sump under the bike while you do this and if you are riding it in as I will be keep your weight off the bike as much as possible.
Hope you find a solution that works well for you.

RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote