Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2017, 05:33 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEACEKEEPER GREY WOLF View Post
Bolt-it-on, just put 2 of them in my 2015 GREY WO
LF 25RR. FORWARD 03 ULTRA /BACK 2015 HERITAGE .

So you just bolted in wheel chocks any where ? Or did you anchor to the frame ? I know you post is much earlier than this year. Just curious how others have gone about securing their bikes. Thanks.
ruddie66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:42 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddie66 View Post
So you just bolted in wheel chocks any where ? Or did you anchor to the frame ? I know you post is much earlier than this year. Just curious how others have gone about securing their bikes. Thanks.
ruddie66 ~ take a few minutes and read through rmac's thread "Pimp my 26RR" .. in there somewhere, he has pics of his wheel chock held in place with ratchet straps and cable set-up. His is removable and doesn't require cutting & drilling anything into the floor.

If you decide to bolt anything down ~ be sure to check underneath for your holding tanks and such! Not much room under there for mistakes!!
extxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:48 PM   #23

Thanks, I have seen his post on that. Just saw yours and thought you had another option. I'm more than likely will use his same set up somewhat.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:58 PM   #24
RiderBloke

New 26RR owner checking in

I installed two extra rings in my floor and use them to anchor my Harbor Freight chock. They are bolted into the under floor stringers - which take a little careful measuring to find. The front wheel is right over the rear axle and only the rear seats and table are rendered unusable when the bike is in. There are photos in some of my prior posts.
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:12 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddie66 View Post
Thanks, I have seen his post on that. Just saw yours and thought you had another option. I'm more than likely will use his same set up somewhat.
Sorry I couldn't help you any better ~ when I had the bike, I was actually going to use rmac's method for the front wheel chock as it was most reasonable and the easiest for me to copy. Now with a trike, I'm completely different from everyone else, a front wheel chock is useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderBloke View Post
I installed two extra rings in my floor and use them to anchor my Harbor Freight chock. They are bolted into the under floor stringers - which take a little careful measuring to find. The front wheel is right over the rear axle and only the rear seats and table are rendered unusable when the bike is in. There are photos in some of my prior posts.
Same here RB with tie down location. I took the road side bench completely out, installed another set of straps to the curb side bench (lower end attached to the hinge board and then attach to ring on the wall), allows me to put bench cushion underneath and pull the entire bench tighter to the wall. Got rid of the OEM table and use a folding table with 2 folding chairs, more room and don't need the extra bed.

With the trike, front wheel over the front axle, puts motor over rear axle and heavy rear end just aft, nice balance. 2 MAJOR straps from the rear tie downs to the front engine guards (1 to each side) and then 2 straps from under the rear, crisscrossed underneath to the center tie downs (keeps the rear from dancing sideways). Can still get to sink (barely), but from the fridge forward, no problems.

I worry about things moving when/if I have a panic stop, not the lightening take off!!
extxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:53 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDU View Post
Congrats on the 26RR. My wife and I recently returned from a 10 day run in our 26RR. We couldn't be happier with ours. We haul a Harley in the back, stay at a place for a few days and ride the area, then migrate to another campground 300 to 400 miles away, and ride that area...and so on. We haul it with a Ram half ton Eco diesel which does a nice job with the 26RR.

Wife and I will be doing same thing, how do you load bike, and what wheel chock system and tie downs strategies are you using ??
Old 10-19-2017, 09:16 PM   #27

Want to make sure I am not missing something here. I got a HF chock, and attached to plywood with a no skid rubber material glued to the bottom so it won't shift. If I load the bike with the chock and tie down with four straps, how could the chock or bike shift in transit? Have talked to many who have only used tie down straps only to transport. Please let me know if my thinking is flawed before I screw something up big time.
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:21 PM   #28

I did basically the same thing. I used a 4x8 x 1/2 in. thick piece of plywood - attached a HF chock. I placed the plywood on top of a horse mat that can be purchased at any farm supply. I bought mine at Tractor Supply. I tie down my Harley or my KLR with 4 tie downs. On the plywood I screwed down at the corners 4 eyelets. I used straps to also tie down the plywood from the eyelets to stop any skidding around. Maybe a little overkill. I hope this made sense.
1993 Kawasaki KLR 650
1998 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
2004 f150 & 2008 f350 dually V-10
hiinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:26 PM   #29

When I want haul both the Harley and KLR, I bolt down the HF choke ( on the plywood) just to the right of center and bolt a 2nd HF choke just left of the first bike loaded back wheel (Harley).
1993 Kawasaki KLR 650
1998 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
2004 f150 & 2008 f350 dually V-10
hiinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:53 PM   #30

DougD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug D View Post
Want to make sure I am not missing something here. I got a HF chock, and attached to plywood with a no skid rubber material glued to the bottom so it won't shift. If I load the bike with the chock and tie down with four straps, how could the chock or bike shift in transit? Have talked to many who have only used tie down straps only to transport. Please let me know if my thinking is flawed before I screw something up big time.
You need to have tie downs in front going towards front tie downs in the trailer. The back of bike should have tie downs going to rear tie downs of trailer. This keeps bike from any sudden stops from moving.