Old 04-16-2008, 11:05 PM   #1

New 295 fiver Wolfpack is home!

Good to be home. Our delivery inspection lasted a full day and a half and hope we had dealer correct most of the problems. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on what to look for. We were prepared with a long pdi list and it paid off. They had a door to fix, drain pulls to remount, replace the non functioning converter, a roof tear, plumbing leaks, glue on windows, etc,. The dealer advertises his free pdi-what a joke-WE did the real pdi. They were just starting to clean the unit when we arrived, after having a week advanced notice. But, they must be used to extended deliveries. They did have a great camping spot with full hookups to overnight. The leaks didn't show up until unit was connected to city water pressure.
All that said, we do enjoy the wolfpack design so far. Just wish American ingenuity could be backed up with good old fashioned quality control. Hard to believe any manufacturer would allow a unit to leave with above problems.
Then again, maybe they are smart like the fox-let the new owner find and solve the problems for them. And the failures they don't find equals profits.
Personally, I feel it is time that we consumers insist on laws that require better responsiveness from rv manufacturers and dealers. Not sure how to accomplish that, but will look into it.
Now it is time to enjoy the toys!

Old 04-17-2008, 05:03 AM   #2

I had a similar problem when i first picked up my Puma last year. They said they cleaned it. Well , their clean and MY clean are obviously very different.
I'm not sure if they look over stuff intentionally or if it's just they have so many going thru that they overlook small things that you as the new owner wouldnt overlook cause you have to live with this trailer for the next 5-10 years. What i believe is this... Nobody is gonna do something the way you would do it yourself. This goes for everything from cutting the grass to cleaning your house. You can pay somebody to do everything,but chances are it'll never be the way you would have done it.
Anyway,enjoy your new home away from home. I have 3 more weeks before mine comes in and i'll be doing the same thing you just went thru.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:24 PM   #3

Eandsphotography, Are you also getting the 295wp?
Old 11-16-2008, 08:34 PM   #4
Kat

Waiting for mine to arrive anyminute from ohio to Allyn wa. Great price
Old 11-17-2008, 12:12 AM   #5

Kat, we live in Ohio and found the best price last Feb. in Michigan. I see yours is from Ohio to Wa. Good to hear you are happy with the price. A few minor problems so far, but we are very comfortable pulling and camping in the 295 fiver. Congrats and Have fun with yours!
Old 11-18-2008, 11:49 PM   #6
Kat

Granite, we are taking our first journey Saturday to check everything out. Never pulled anything so big before, little nerveus going up my steep drive way and all the other things. It arrived winterised so I have to drain it all out. Will be reading alot because its my first time ever. I am completly new and excited
Old 12-02-2008, 11:26 PM   #7

Hope your shake down cruise went well in your 295. Ours heads to Fla. for the winter , next week. Our biggest problem to date was a malfunctioning and replaced converter. Just had our entry door tweaked-it was catching on the door frame. We sure enjoy the roominess of this camper without the need for a slideout.

Tags
295, cherokee wolfpack