Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2015, 07:36 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
What was the trick to get it to display in the desired direction?

Back when I was reading your post on page 1 I went ahead and rotate your earlier picture before reading the remaining posts otherwise I would had known the problem was solved. In my case I saved it to the computer and rotate it before posting it.
Never did figure out the problem. Whenever I used the forum tools to upload a picture to my album it would always rotate it. Then, duuuhhhh, I remembered I had a Photobucket account where I keep pictures for a pilot forum I participate in. Copied the original photos there and used the link...all is fine now.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:02 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb1984 View Post
Emmdee did you secure chock to floor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drb1984 View Post
And do you have that as far back as possible to reduce tongue weight?
The Titan lift is a 2-piece. There is a small steel plate (WAG it about 3x6 inches) that is held in place with two ½ inch lag bolts. The main chock slides into the plate and is secured with a quick release thumb screw (I think that's what it's called). The mounting bracket only sticks up less than ½ inch and when the chock is not in place I move one of the swivel rockers over it to hide it. Pix here:

As far as location, when loaded the Harley front axle is in line with the trailer rear axle. The Vengeance has a really heavy tongue weight...advertised as 1,100 pounds when delivered. It doesn't seem to be a problem because the truck only drops about one inch hitch height when the trailer is attached (with WD hitch in place). The local county trash dump has certified scales and when I get the time I'm taking the rig down there to get individual axle weights, both with and without the Harley loaded. They already gave me the front and rear axle plus total weights so I have a baseline to go by.

The bike is located to where I have about 10 inches of clearance between the trunk pak and the ramp door when closed. Gives me enough room to walk behind it (barely) and have space for storage.
Old 11-23-2015, 12:28 PM   #43
Retired Techie

Here is my HF chock with the Valkyrie tied down. The 2x2 is because the HF chock is only good to 130MM and the Valkyrie has a 150 mm front tire so it would stick in the upright. The tie down is 135 inches from the tailgate which is about over the rear axle. I put it that far ahead so bike was completely on trailer before the front wheel entered the chock. My last trailer was to far back and I spun the rear wheel trying to get over the floor lip and entering the chock at the same time. Burned a spot on floor.
The HF chock works fine for any bike with a 130 mm or less front tire and is inexpensive but I would go with Condor for a bigger bike. A friend has been using Condor for two Gold Wings and now a Trike for 6 years with no problems.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HF Chock.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	333.8 KB
ID:	94869  
2013 Keystone Springdale 5r Sold
1998 Honda Valkerie Sld
2016 Camping 148 days so far Bought park model and moved to Florida.
moligney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:33 PM   #44

Picked it up today. Let the mods begin!
James15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:54 PM   #45
Retired Techie

Have fun
2013 Keystone Springdale 5r Sold
1998 Honda Valkerie Sld
2016 Camping 148 days so far Bought park model and moved to Florida.
moligney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:44 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by James15 View Post
Picked it up today. Let the mods begin!
Any update on the new mods?
Old 12-14-2015, 11:21 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Any update on the new mods?
No, none yet except added the TV and a 3" memory foam topper, plus got all the stuff in it. I have been sick and extremely busy, but after Friday I am off for the rest of the year. Hope to get some things done the next two weeks.
James15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 05:42 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzdog View Post
Aluminum angle bolted to a harbor freight chock, slots cut in the end of the angle to slip over the D rings. Hook the tie downs in the d ring and keeps the angle from moving. I place cheap mats under the chick to protect the floor. Have a couple thousand miles hauling this way with no issue.Attachment 94496
From the looks of this set up you are not using the rubber bases. Did you just use regular bolts to hold your aluminum onto the chock?
bsmcron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:44 PM   #49

Same bolts that came with the chock. Removed the rubber feet so the whole bar would sit flat. Not had any issues.
Cuzdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:01 PM   #50

Thanks for the quick response

Looks like a great way to tie down the bike. I get a chance in April to find out.
bsmcron is offline   Reply With Quote