Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #1

New to me 21 DFWP, have bunk bed concern

Just got the camper today. has bunk beds up front. My 12 y/o is STOKED and wants to sleep in them....The camper is a 2011, no owners manual, no stickers, no rating guides, and I cant find anything so far...anyone have a magic number to help me out??!! Thanks!
AFNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #2
Always Learning

Sorry if I'm missing it- but what's your question? How much can the bunk hold? It's usually 150 or 250 or 300 pounds. How's that for a concise answer? :-)
Old 07-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #3

Sorry....that was exactly the question...what is the upper bunk rated for?? My daughter is right at 145-150. I won't let her up there until we find out what it is rated for (don't need it crashing down in the middle of the nite!!). If it is only rated at 150, wonder if there is a way I can add more support/structure to hold more??!!
Old 07-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #4

So, I called the factory/company today. went through about 4 people, finally ended up talking to a guy that (while I am not sure I THINK) is/has worked on the floor. He told me that the top bunk is about 150 pounds. He said he has climbed up on some and they held, and others came crashing down. (he did not mention how much he weighed, but bet it is over 150 based on his statements!). Guess my daughter will have to live with disappointment (unless I can figure out a way to beef up the structure to hold more weight!) Any ideas on that one??!!