Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2014, 03:09 PM   #1

Paint peeling on Wolf Pup 17RR

Has anyone had an issue with paint peeling on the front of a Wolf Pup 17RR (or other Forest River trailer) as shown in this picture? I bought a 2012 Wolf Pup 17RR from a friend 3 months ago, and the paint is just blowing off in normal highway use after only 2 trips out of state. It hasn't been hail damaged, and there is no primer at all under the paint (down to bare metal). I e-mailed the dealer (The Outpost RV) and they told me that it was out of warranty but that Forest River "might" get me a replacement piece (no response about cost, however). That was an unsatisfying response, to say the least, since the trailer was bought new from The Outpost RV just over 2 years ago. I'll be contacting Forest River but just wondered if anyone else has had this issue.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1400529892.973324.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	52792
jeffdonelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:10 AM   #2

Sorry you are having problems. We had/have paint issues on our F.R. motorhome too. Paint is blistering and bubbling all over. Contacted F.R. when we first found the problem (uncovering unit to start the second season). Lots of excuses (including "everyone knows you do not cover a painted rv") and ultimately no help from F.R. In our case I am looking at spending in excess of 30K to fix it. Good luck and I hope you have better luck than we did.
4st-rvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:34 PM   #3

I'm having the same problem with my 2012 Cherokee 235 B. Had to replace the axles under warranty in after 2013 camping season. Paint started peeling in early 2014 and have promise from dealer to cost share the fix... There is no primer... Not impressed. What's next for problems?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
ariek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 07:19 PM   #4

Wolfpack 19WP here, also had the paint peel on the nose. The rest is fiberglass so no issues other than the painted aluminum on the front. Luckily, I had a hail claim and those pieces were damaged and ultimately replaced by my insurance company. I also had the front decal peeling badly. It was shrinking and taking the paint off with it. Was starting to look rough before the hail storm came in.

Tags
17rr