Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #1

Picked up 2013 Grey Wolf 25RR last week.

I went down to the Outpost Rv in Middleberry, IN last week. This is our first travel trailer. I Pulled it home 50 miles north with my 08 silverado crew cab with 5.3L. Pulled fine with Reese weight distribution hitch which includes sway bars. Looks like I'm gonna get about 8-10 mpg depending on the terrain and speed. Never made it past 60mph because I was not on the freeway.

Slept in it whiled parked in the driveway for the first couple nights . Hauled it to a family members house on a lake. Used 20amp outlet with no problem running AC, tv and lights. I new better than to try much else without tripping a breaker.

Front queen bed is a little hard for my taste but still ok. Rear fold down couches are the place to be. Ton of room and very comfortable. Air conditioner works great! We like the white noise. My wife slept fine along with my 7 yr old son and 12 yr old lab .

Yesterday my niece broke the plastic door holder. I new that was going to happen at some point. Also noticed the screen door doesn't line up to well. There's a 1/4 in. gap at the top corner. Plenty of room for mosquitos to enter. I'll have to call the dealer about that. Everything else seemed to be pretty nice. I'm very happy at this point.

Tomorrow I'm headed to the Upper Peninsula hauling my ATV. Canam outlander max. Weighs about 700+lbs. I'll be curious to see how it pulls with the extra weight and all loaded up.

One last thing for now I'm sure everyone will be happy to hear. They quit making the overhead bunk and replaced it with cabinet storage. The model I looked at didn't have this so I was happy to see them get rid of the bunk.

2013 grey wolf 25rr
2008 silverado crew can 5.3l
2010 can am outlander max xt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1707627291.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	15735  
Partyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the Forest River Forums! Nice looking set up too.

Just keep a list of items to be taken care of by the dealer. The more you use the trailer the more fun you will have in it. Sounds like you are off to a great start with camping in it.

Take care,
Terier

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:03 AM   #3

Congrats on the 25rr, we own a 2012. I know what you mean about the mattress. We bought a memory foam topper and now love it. I also put the TV on a swing tilt mount. It makes the rear couches even more comfy. Enjoy.
empa1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:29 AM   #4

Congrat's on your purchase. I hope you have many years of enjoyment, and spending time with the family.
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #5

The bunk is silly, we use it for storage, blankets, folding chairs etc......wish I had cabinets!! My plastic door holder broke as well, very cheap. Other then a few things like the outdoor radio control screen going blank, we are happy. I can still use it, but really just power and volume. Enjoy your new home away from home!! Oh and I drive 2010 gmc 1500 crew, I get about the same mpg's, last trip, which was pretty flat I got 13 average, I'll take it!!
2013 campouts:1
recon33alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by empa1968 View Post
Congrats on the 25rr, we own a 2012. I know what you mean about the mattress. We bought a memory foam topper and now love it. I also put the TV on a swing tilt mount. It makes the rear couches even more comfy. Enjoy.
May I ask where you got your memory foam. Thanks in advance
Old 07-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #7

Recon,
Did you replace the door holder? I'm thinking about just leaving it off. I have a 7 yr old and I just see it getting broke every other week.
Partyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #8
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
WELCOME! We too got our 2010 Graywolf 19RR for Outpost RV in Middlebury...great folks.

We stayed there for three or four nights for a shake down. They fixed our little issues right there on the spot! They even came and installed a few items we had purchased and needed in stalled.

We plan on stopping by and visiting with Kyle and Earl when we go back for the FROG rally this August.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #9

I have a memory foam topper on every bed in our house and camper and buy them at walmart.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #10
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
We took our mattress out and gave it away! It SUCKED! Tooo soft for us.

We now have (the second one because they keep leaking) an Aero air bed. Much better than the original mattress... but still not that good... can make it nice and firm to start the night our... but by morning it has deflated

We hope to save our pennies to have an Original Mattress factory short queen mattress made for our camper. ( we have two at the house and just love them

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyman View Post
Recon,
Did you replace the door holder? I'm thinking about just leaving it off. I have a 7 yr old and I just see it getting broke every other week.
LOL, I too have a 7 y/o who was the first one to break it off, caused a crack, and now the slightest pull and it pulls off. Yes I think I will leave mine off. Here is what I've done to keep the hard door open. When the awning is deployed the door stops at the support arm. Take a plastic clamp (they come in various sizes in a mesh bag, used to hold wood together, you may know what I'm talking about??) when the door hits the support, I just put the clamp over the arm and that keeps the door open.

With the awning isn't deployed, I plan on just bungee cording the bottom of the door to the frame or something to that nature. That way it stays completely open and not 90 degrees with that cheap door holder. But right now its been 105 degrees, so everything stays buttoned up and AC on fuuuuuuuuuuullllllllllllllllllllllll blast!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by campnqueen View Post
WELCOME! We too got our 2010 Graywolf 19RR for Outpost RV in Middlebury...great folks.

We stayed there for three or four nights for a shake down. They fixed our little issues right there on the spot! They even came and installed a few items we had purchased and needed in stalled.

We plan on stopping by and visiting with Kyle and Earl when we go back for the FROG rally this August.
ditto, that is where I got mine as well!!!
Old 07-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #13

We got the topper at sams club for 80
empa1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:35 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by empa1968 View Post
We got the topper at sams club for 80

Thanks
Old 07-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #15

We too gave away the OEM mattress - truly a POS. Opted for the aero bed with a memory foam topper. Worked great for about a year. This last weekend, got a very small slice in the bottom of it so spent the remainder of the night on the memory foam topper and the wife on the sofa.

Went to Slumberland in Lake Ozark and picked up a euro-top Serta and horsed it in to the space. Niiiiice! .

As far as that upper "bunk" is concerned, we got some bins at WalMart and use it for storage. Added the under bed w/ a nice cabinet door too, handy for larger items like umbrellas, larger lawn chairs and winter bedding. LOVE IT!

Welcome to the Board! Have fun, ennoy the trailer. '

Sportster
...campin crazy this summer
hd87sportster is offline   Reply With Quote