Well, it's a cost effective camper. I have to be honest with myself though, I'm in the cost effective price bracket income wise. So I won't be buying a $90k camper to pull with my $50k truck. Every time I look closer though I become more convinced drunk midgets put this thing together. It's kinda to the point where I'm afraid to look. Every aspect of cheap (commonly known as "cost effective") comes to mind very often.
* I recently pulled the Converter out to understand the wiring before I put in my solar stuff. What I found was enough wood shaving and dust to get me a nice campfire going (a couple dust pan fulls). They also cut holes in a rather carefree way and left the "hacked" out pieces lying on the floor behind the converter.
* Underneath the trailer I found that in a couple of places the metal trim got further away from the wood and there were bunches of staples just stuck through metal and not touching wood. Doesn't look like there was any effort to fix it. Just left it as is.
* The little piece of trim above the wheel well (left side) pulled lose bringing it home. Upon inspection I could tell the trim had just barley covered the metal on the side. I'm talking maybe a 1/16 of an inch. The gap kept growing as it set in the sun. Spiders took up residence, some water got in. Fixed by a dealer by tacking it in place. They said it would be fixed right but when I spoke with the owner's son he had told me Forest River told them to just patch it.
* The first night after buying it the sound quality went to crap. Evidently my Fleedwood Mac Rumor MP3's were too much for it. The sounds was like it was clipping and muffled. Just yesterday I pulled the speaker thinking it had went bad and I was going to replace it. Only to find chopped up pieces of foam, foam rubber, vinyl, and all kinds of left over crap from other manufacturing processes. The loose stuff was all over the top of the speaker and down in the speaker. I also had an avalanche of this stuff hit me in the face when I pulled the speaker out. Yay. After I shook it out the sound was fine again. Going to put a "fiber fill" sheet in to keep the crap out.
* Yesterday was sunny and I was in the back of the camper with the lights off and noticed a pinpoint of light at both top corners of the ramp. Yes daylight and yes the ramp was closed and locked. I pushed with two fingers (not hard) and a 1/4" gap opened up and daylight poured in. My concern is that the normal eddies and buffeting of the wind going down the road will do the same thing, while it's raining.
* Brakes started locking up on me on the pull home from the dealer. Admittedly it was hilly. But then again, I'm sure people don't want to just camp on flat land and my truck brakes suffered no ill affect. The brake controller was installed and set by the dealer. If you can imagine coming to a stop light and the camper pulling hard on your vehicle followed by its tires locking up. I've since replaced the break controller with the best one I could find (Tekonsha 90195 P3 Electronic Brake Control). It does better now but it's not right.
The list goes on believe it or not. But I'm at work and should probably get some work done. I think some of the things I've encountered others have also but are unaware. As said, it's a cost effective camper.
Now for the irony. I like my camper. It fit the bill for everything I needed. It's light enough to be towed by my 5.4L F150 super crew. The interior layout was very open (something I was looking for) and felt more like living space than other toy haulers I looked at. I don't plan on sticking a huge bike in it. At most I will put a dual purpose (on/off road) type of bike in it to be hauled.