Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #1

Picking up Grey Wolf 25RR tomorrow

Picking up our Grey Wolf 25RR tomorrow from Mississippi. Excited but also very anxious since I have never towed a TT before. Brand new to all of this but thanks to everyone who have posted on this forum. It has been very informative. Will have my PDI checklist in hand tomorrow. Planning on going about 30 miles away from dealer on our trial run. Again thanks to everyone on all your great ideas and tips
rgdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #2

Enjoy your trial run!
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #3

Thanks!! Can't Wait. Loading my truck with the esentials now
Old 02-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #4

Sorry. essentials
Old 02-22-2013, 12:20 AM   #5

Congrats & hope the "Pimp my XXXX" threads have helped
Night_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:01 AM   #6

Yes they have. Ready to start "pimping". Will start next week. Will post pics when done. Thanks for the inspiration!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #7

Be sure to swing wide on sharp corners like intersections. I have a 21rr and I measured once in a parking lot and there was 6-8 feet difference in the path the truck wheels traveled vs. the trailer wheels on a tight turn. Don't forget some kind of mirror extensions.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #8

Just got in from putting mirror extensions on the truck. I know I need to remember wide, Wide, WIDE. Will be on my mind the whole time. Definetly anxious but excited. Thanks for the heads up
Old 02-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #9
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgdds View Post
Just got in from putting mirror extensions on the truck. I know I need to remember wide, Wide, WIDE. Will be on my mind the whole time. Definetly anxious but excited. Thanks for the heads up
Congrats! Safe journey! Send pics soon!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #10

So far So good!!!! Towing went smooth although no toys were brought on this trial run. All set up at campground. Relaxing with a drink and listening to music
Old 02-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #11

Congratulations, what kind of toys will you be hauling?
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Yes they have. Ready to start "pimping". Will start next week. Will post pics when done. Thanks for the inspiration!!!
Have more mods to do, but they are on hold as I'm in serious consideration to move mode. Have to complete a few projects around the homestead before contacting a Realtor to get an appraisal & list the house
Old 02-23-2013, 01:37 AM   #13

Either a Harley Street Bob and a Honda DN-01 or a golf cart. We go to bike rallies and sometimes easier to get around on golf cart. Some only allow bikes. But now we will be taking the bikes more often (more camping trips) since we have the toy hauler now. Used to use a cargo trailer
Old 02-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #14

Quote:
Picking up our Grey Wolf 25RR tomorrow from Mississippi. Excited but also very anxious since I have never towed a TT before. Brand new to all of this but thanks to everyone who have posted on this forum. It has been very informative. Will have my PDI checklist in hand tomorrow. Planning on going about 30 miles away from dealer on our trial run. Again thanks to everyone on all your great ideas and tips
Thinking about buying a 25rr how do u feel the quality is on this trailer? Thanks
sam2581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam2581 View Post
Thinking about buying a 25rr how do u feel the quality is on this trailer? Thanks
Have a 25rr too and so far I can say it is a cheaply made trailer. That doesn't mean I don't like it, just that I was aware of it's shortcomings and knew I'd spend some cash "fixing" what I thought was wrong
Old 02-23-2013, 11:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Wolf View Post

Have a 25rr too and so far I can say it is a cheaply made trailer. That doesn't mean I don't like it, just that I was aware of it's shortcomings and knew I'd spend some cash "fixing" what I thought was wrong
Do you think I should cocider buying one? What problem ate you having ? Thanks
Old 02-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #17

This is my first TT so as far as quality I can't say. Night Wolf and others would know a lot more on that. But the 25RR seems like it should do exactly what we were looking for. I will not be doing as many mods as others but some are on the way. Everything seemed to be in working order and had a good but short weekend of camping. Although more storage (and wardrobe closet) would have been nice and a few more inches in toilet area would have been greatly appreciated. Layout is good and looking forward to hauling our toys. Although looking at ramp has me thinking of other threads on ramp modifications. But so far we are happy with our decision on buying the 25RR
Old 02-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #18

Also towing with my Chevy avalanche went smoothly. Will let you know how it is with the bikes in trailer with the added weight. Sure that will put stress on the truck but will find out soon
Old 02-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #19

Quote:
Also towing with my Chevy avalanche went smoothly. Will let you know how it is with the bikes in trailer with the added weight. Sure that will put stress on the truck but will find out soon
Not sure how to post yet hope you get this.
Thankyou for the Info I will try asking the other
Guys . I have a v6 2011 crew cab 4x4 suzuki
Equator , same as Nissan frontier 6200 lb towing hope it will tow it. Thanks
Old 02-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #20

Rgdds Just take your time and remember you have a trailer back there and it will push you. so be careful and have a safe summer
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote