Old 04-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkswyo View Post
I finished some of the cabinet mods today. I still have to add the door for the underbed storage and I will be complete. So far I added a shelf in the medicine cabinet, Installed a door on the entertainment center and replaced the cargo net with cabinet doors on the overhead cabinet.

Nice mods, great job. I particularly, like the shelf in the medicine cabinet.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #172

You could probably re-use the side stiles because the doors would cover the radiused edge. I chose to replace them because I had to remove them anyway to accomodate the upper rail. Some of the cabinets in the 19RR's the side stiles don't go all the way to the ceiling. Either way you would need to cut the side stiles. I made the side stiles and upper rail myself. They sell the woodgrain tape that matches the factory stuff. I used clear pine and covered it with the tape. I used "L" brackets to fasten the upper rail to the ceiling. You will need to notch the trim strips on the ceiling to accept the upper rail. On the center stile I used metal tie plates because I wanted to strengthen it. I may install some more brackets after some of the glue dries. My cabinet was sagging in the middle and I had to "jack" it up to get everything squared up. One other note. Make sure you pre-drill all the holes for any screws you use.

Jamie Tetzlof - Grey Wolf parts - 260-593-2366

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
rkswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #173

Thanks. Yes, I love some of the mods Forest River made on late model 19rr's for 2012. I watched the new video Earl and Kyle have out from the Outpost RV. Larger and deeper (same depth as the microwave) cabinet over sink with dual side swing doors vs. the lift up door (they must have seen my mod :-) ). Moved the A/C unit up to center of camper where my roof vent is (this is the change I am most jealous of since I could never figure out why FR put the A/C so far back in the early 19RR's. Taller/Wider rear ramp/door. Larger bathroom mirror/cabinet. Lots of nice improvements for those in the market for a new 19RR. Make sure your dealer is not selling an early 2012 that was made in 2011.

However I don't really need a wider rear ramp and now with a wider rear door, there is not room for my 26" flat panel TV mod. Probably have to go with a 23". I like your conversion of the cabinet over the couch better than the one Outpost RV offers for $295. They only have one door in the cabinet and it lifts up like the original one over the sink where you have to have both hands free to get something (one to grab what you want and the other to hold the door up while you are grabbing it!)

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by heytomgraywolf View Post
Thanks. Yes, I love some of the mods Forest River made on late model 19rr's for 2012. I watched the new video Earl and Kyle have out from the Outpost RV. Larger and deeper (same depth as the microwave) cabinet over sink with dual side swing doors vs. the lift up door (they must have seen my mod :-) ). Moved the A/C unit up to center of camper where my roof vent is (this is the change I am most jealous of since I could never figure out why FR put the A/C so far back in the early 19RR's. Taller/Wider rear ramp/door. Larger bathroom mirror/cabinet. Lots of nice improvements for those in the market for a new 19RR. Make sure your dealer is not selling an early 2012 that was made in 2011.

However I don't really need a wider rear ramp and now with a wider rear door, there is not room for my 26" flat panel TV mod. Probably have to go with a 23". I like your conversion of the cabinet over the couch better than the one Outpost RV offers for $295. They only have one door in the cabinet and it lifts up like the original one over the sink where you have to have both hands free to get something (one to grab what you want and the other to hold the door up while you are grabbing it!)
One thing that is pretty cool on mine that changed from the previous year is the outside corner of the bathroom. It is radiused and has a really nice look to it. It is a big radius! Personally I wish they would have left the ramp door alone. In fact I would have ordered it with the smaller door if I could have. I still put a 26" tv in with some creative mounting.

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
Old 04-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #175
Living on Camping Time

Just getting started

Hi Guys and Gals,

Yes I am a newbie to the world of 19RR's, but not to camping (tents, truck camper to former Aliner owner) Just picked up my new 19RR last Saturday. We ordered it at a show in Indy the last week of February. It was ordered as a 2012 model, but when delivered it came with a 2013 title and more changes from the factory. We ordered it with the solid fiberglass exterior which also came with an upgrade to aluminum wheels. A nice surprise we did not expect. The other surprise was no front bunk, it has a three door overhead cabinet instead. The other change was the media player has no outside controller. Still trying to work that one out with the dealer.

I love all of the pimping mods that you folks have completed many of which are on my to do list starting with the under bed storage access. I can't wait to get started. Fortunately for me I am only about 2 hours from the factory and hope to make a visit there soon for parts.

Keep the great ideas coming!!!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #176

I had a similar experience when I ordered my 19rr. I had looked at a 2011 on the lot. Mine came in the first part of March 2012. Some of the changes from 2011 to 2012 were pretty good, some not. The outside corner of the bathroom wall is radiused which gives it a nice look. The furnace was moved from under the fridge to under the oven. There is a small storage area under the fridge. The ramp door was enlarged. (I actually wish I had the smaller door.) They changed the vanity in the bathroom. It is very small and no counterspace. (I don't like this.) The bunk is still there over the main bed but is too small for anyone to sleep on but it works great for me for storage of my hunting gear. I have to say that all in all I love the trailer and after some mods it is even better. I am going to tackle the underbed storage door this Friday.

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
Old 04-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #177

Welcome aboard RodCop! Lotta talented people on here with a TON of great ideas. We must have a Job 1 (Ford SuperDuty Speak) 2012 because we've got a little space on the vanity in the bathroom and we, thankfully, have the narrower door.

We've dedicated that upper "bunk" in front to storage as well. Went to Wallyworld and got some stackable bins and lined em up side by side along the back of the bunk. (front wall of the trailer) Still some room in the front of em for leathers and stuff. Bins are perfect for shoes, misc items, and folded jeans and shorts.

Also built a platform to put on the fender well by the couch. We have a three shelf, quarter circle shelf unit that goes there and holds snacks and stuff. One leg kept slipping off the fender well so I got a piece of 3/8" plywood and a 2x2 and rigged it up. Short little legs on the floor and the rest of the platofrm rests on the fender well. Couple of un-used peel and stick floor tiles and we're in business.
I insulated the cubby last weekend w/ 1/2" styrofoam and will install some sheeting over it this weekend. Am also reinforcing that "wall" (HA!) FR "installed" separating the cubby from the H20 heater. (who inspected THAT???) Also changed out the overhead hinges on the cabinet over the sink. In the process I moved some wires and re-installed the wierd wall FR installed. Big cabinet now easily accessed without worry of door crashing down on our heads.

Have all the hardware for the spare tire move to the back door so will be tackling that this weekend as well as possibly re-doing the sewer hose with the 6" round PVC.

Very interested in seeing Wyo's Friday project when he gets it complete too!

Oh - Watch that ramp too - its hell on kickstand springs!

Sportster
...turning in to a trailer geek
Old 04-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #178
itch'n to road trip

WELCOME Rodcop!

we are going to the rally in Goshen in August. We are really looking forward to seeing the new trailer and everyone mods. Anyone with a 19RR going? We are and it should be a fun time!
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #179
Living on Camping Time

Thanks for throwing out the welcome mat. I will get some photos taken in the next few days and post them for you to see the most current version of our 19rr. I had not even noticed the furnace move thanks for the heads-up. They also eliminated the white board cabinet next to the door that covered the controls. We plan to get our gear moved in and take it out a few times before I start many of the mods. I am with you the wider door is not a change I would have asked for, longer yes wider no. See one on a competitors unit that had beaver tail that folded out to extend the lenght by about 18". Now if they were to offer a hybrid style bed out backside that would be way cool. As of right now we are just happy campers ...lol, with all it has to offer.

2013 Grey Wolf 19RR
2003 Silverado 2500HD
2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
rodcop9405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #180
Living on Camping Time

Tell me more about this rally in Goshen. I have not seen anything about it.

2013 Grey Wolf 19RR
2003 Silverado 2500HD
2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
rodcop9405 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
19rr grey wolf