Old 05-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Thanks Clint,
I stole the idea from someone else But, I really like it. It's honestly not inconvienent where I have it mounted, the picture may make it look that way.......
Scot,
I think plagiarism and the borrowing of ideas is expected here! It is funny after already making mods to the 21RR, I see other people doing the same things. Today, I removed the overhead bunk... can't stand the "low" ceiling over the queen like it was... too hot and cramped. And, an almost total rebuilding the queen bed structure to allow a full size queen to include insulation and making a door to the under bed storage space (facing down the hall). I also haven't decided how thick the bed surface (plywood) needs to be, but that 5mm paneling doesn't cut it.... especially considering the little staples were not holding it together... My last camper was a Trailmanor, which was like a Rolls compared the the Cherokee... the 21RR didn't even have a TP holder! I am disappointed and shocked at the poor construction of the21RR.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:06 AM   #242

Quote:
Tom,
I went out to take a look, my inverter is under my frige and the access for my furnace is next to it.........I really didnt want to get in to all that today Sorry.
When I pull some of that stuff, (cause I want an outlet there) I'll take a look for the blue wire.
Scot;
Thanks for taking the time to help. The good news is the picture of the wiring area is NOT inside the camper, but on the outside of the camper on the side behind the fridge, there is a white, plastic access panel. Just turn the two black knobs with a screwdriver or coin 90 degrees ccw and it lifts up from the bottom and comes right off. This area near the outlet is to the left side when looking in this exterior access panel.

No hurry. Thanks again for offering to look at this small (24 gage?) blue wire.

Tom

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by heytomgraywolf View Post
Scot;
Thanks for taking the time to help. The good news is the picture of the wiring area is NOT inside the camper, but on the outside of the camper on the side behind the fridge, there is a white, plastic access panel. Just turn the two black knobs with a screwdriver or coin 90 degrees ccw and it lifts up from the bottom and comes right off. This area near the outlet is to the left side when looking in this exterior access panel.

Tom
I got a similar toy hauler. If I can remember, I'll pop the back off and take a pic.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:51 PM   #244
Phat Phrog Phlunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by heytomgraywolf View Post
Scot;

Tom
I like learning new things Yes Tom, I have the same blue wire that goes nowhere.
It's just hanging there.
Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #245
Drinkin beer on the beach

Quote:
I like learning new things Yes Tom, I have the same blue wire that goes nowhere.
It's just hanging there.
I remembered to check mine, too. Same thing, just hanging there with a bit of heatshrink on the end. I looked at the schematic, it says its a testpoint. Probably for the tech to clip his meter on when he is testing or repairing the unit.

Looks like you're GTG, Tom.
Rod Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #246

Thanks Scot and Rod for checking! Glad to hear I didn't accidentally pull it loose from something. Just saw it after moving things around and was conserned I pulled it off. That's great that you can read those schematics Rod!

Tom

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #247

Pimp my 21RR

I've been getting ideas... maybe too many (whew!), but have some items finished and wanted to jump on the bandwagon... I think my 21RR is nearly the same as the 19RR. When I bought the 21RR, I couldn't find a good used 19RR. If I can figure out how to post pictures I'll do so. First thing I ripped out the bunk bed... then ripped out the original bed framing... remade it 78 inches long, insulated the WH and made a proper wall for it, covered it with 1/4" plywood, which was covered with corduroy. Then I made doors for the OH cabinets, the little cabinet, and a new access to the storage under the bed. I made the door frames from very old cherry, but used some of the fake cherry.... I also bought and attached a very nice screen for ramp opening... upgraded TV mount to allow tilt... Oh, and installed a flip up wheel chock and heavy duty tie down points. I am sacrificing one of the tables to make a flip up table top (right of sink) and also a flip down work surface over the cook top. I am going to make or buy braces to stabilize the jacks and make a 5" sewer hose holder. I want to replace the hard-as-a-board short queen with a standard mattress... thought of the Aero Bed from BBB, but am hesitant because of leaking that some people report. I have heard the 9" model is very comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bed hatch showing heater panel as well (Copy).jpg
Views:	142
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	13566   Click image for larger version

Name:	extended bed frame cargo storage area under bed showing insulation added (Copy).jpg
Views:	138
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	13567   Click image for larger version

Name:	Flip up chock with new 6000# tie down points (Copy).jpg
Views:	130
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	13568   Click image for larger version

Name:	overhead with doors added (Copy).jpg
Views:	136
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	13569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Door on entertainment cabinet (Copy).jpg
Views:	128
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	13570  

Old 05-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #248

pimp my 21RR

I forgot to mention... my bike won't load using the ramp like it came... so I am having a 4' extension made out of aluminumrod-grate... still have to come up with a good way to support the end of the ramp 12" above the ground. I have see some flip down jacks similiar to the legs on the bench seats, but they do have to be strong enough. I was wondering if anyone has done such as this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	small 21rr outside.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	13571  
Old 05-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #249

WW - check the "Calling All.." thread on the last page. The outpost RV dealer posted some pics on ramp loading of bikes., The last post is how I did it.
Calling all Cherokee Gray Wold 19RR owners

Helps quite a bit and doesn't require raising the ramp 12" off the ground either.

Sportster
...and the parts stay on the bike!
Old 05-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #250

WolfWhistle nice work. I'm picking up a 21RR on Saturday and my first mod. will be more tie downs and a flip up wheel chock. Please tell me how you added those. Did you cut the membrane underneath? Also, could you post pics of the screen door you added?
Thanks,
Mike

Tags
19rr grey wolf