Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #541

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgamb2 View Post
I had the same fear with loading a 2012 FLHRC. I designed a ramp extension and bought the aluminum at a metal supply and had it welded together. I designed the ramp to fit in the storage compartment.It is 36 in wide and the diamond plate is 24 x 36. It lifts the ramp 11 inches and takes away the steep angle. To make sure of clearance, I carry a 4 ft long x 6 in wide 1/2 in plywood. I drive the bike up into the unit with the plywood on the ramp which keeps the rear tire 1/2 in higher. No issues with bottoming out. I will post some pics of the ramp.
Where do you put your gear (power cord, plumbing gadgets, etc)?
Old 09-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #542

everything still fits either on top or under the ramp extension. to include the torque bars from my equalizer hitch. there is lots of room in that compartment.
bgamb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:39 PM   #543

Toby;

Checking back through some old posts. How are these LED's holding up to the weather? I was looking at the link on Amazon that you sent and the one picture of the back of the bag said something about the LED's being moisture sensitive. Wondering if the "ribbon" should be strung through clear tubing kind of like rope lights?

Tom

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:32 PM   #544

Lights

I'm not sure if I've had them long enough to be sure but so far so good. Ironically, I turned them on over the New Year as folks were arriving. The camper is parked outside my kitchen window and I can control the lights from the kitchen sink using the remote. I also thought about a clear tube but instead put a very thin layer of clear silicone over them to help glue them down. I don't trust the sticky tape they include. At $36, I don't really have anything to lose if they don't survive.

I don't think Summer can get here fast enough. I want to go camping.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #545

Thanks... That's a good idea and way to bond them under the awning. I think I am going to order some and use clear silicone too.

Thanks!

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 01-13-2014, 08:45 AM   #546

I took the time this weekend and attended the local boat and RV show downtown Omaha. I couldn't help but notice that many of the new campers now had these light strips installed on them in the same spot. That's nice. I also noticed that there is another thread using the exact same lights I installed and some folks are having problems with the lights failing randomly.

The difference is that it looks like they are installing the lights at the end of the canopy where I installed mine under the gutter on the camper and under the canopy. I have opened up my canopy on several occasions only to find water trapped inside of it (even though I rolled it up dry). Maybe there's a big difference on where you install these lights. I hope I have better luck. Time will tell.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #547

Thanks Toby. I mounted mine this Saturday and my wife and I are going to the RV show in Tampa this coming Saturday. Thanks for the suggestion, links and help!

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 01-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #548

New Grey Wolf 19RR owner

Hello everyone,

Just purchased a 2014 19RR. I've been reading this thread and have learned a lot from it. I will be loading and hauling a 2009 Suzuki Boulevard C50T on most of my outings. I just wanted to introduce myself.

Thanks,

robcsatx
robcsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:14 PM   #549

Quote:
Originally Posted by robcsatx View Post
Hello everyone,

Just purchased a 2014 19RR. I've been reading this thread and have learned a lot from it. I will be loading and hauling a 2009 Suzuki Boulevard C50T on most of my outings. I just wanted to introduce myself.

Thanks,

robcsatx
WhooHoo! Welcome aboard. My father also just recently purchased a 19RR. I think he saw how much fun we were having at the rallys and on vacations and decided he wanted in.

Do you have yours yet? I'd love to see some photos of the inside (specifically the bedroom). I believe the new ones are much more open now but I'm curious as to how much cabinet space you get and what happens at the foot of the bed.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:49 PM   #550

Hello Toby,

Yes, I have the unit now after a long shakedown trip from Indiana to Texas, Yes, I barely escaped the weather....I will try to upload pictures later but I will try to answer your questions. Nothing over the queen bed no bunk or storage. There is a small mirrored closet at the end of the bed on the front corner and a wooded shelf (lack of a better term) rounding out the length of the bed. The cabinet space is ok one between the fridge and the bedroom area and one next to the bathroom. Speaking of the bathroom, if there is any negatives it is claustrophobic space dedicated for the bathroom. I'm sure will be adding either shelves or stack-able plastic containers along with most of the pimping mentioned in this thread.
robcsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:34 PM   #551

Quote:
Originally Posted by robcsatx View Post
Hello everyone,

Thanks,

robcsatx
Welcome!

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 02-06-2014, 10:39 AM   #552

Motorcycle's 19RR

I am thinking of purchasing a 19RR and was wondering if there was a way to haul 2 motocycles in it? Street bikes.

Thanks in advance.

Clint
ccosner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:51 AM   #553

My vote would be no. You might want to look at the 22RR for starters. However, what I would recommend doing is get some measurements of the floor plan, chalk them out in the garage on the floor and then park your bikes on it. See if it works. You will also figure out how you're going to tie them down. There are two hooks in the front and two in the back. My bike takes up the whole space but it's a touring bike. Street bikes is very vague description to answer definitely. Can you load one bike in the back of the truck? That's another possibility.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:10 AM   #554

Tony-

Thanks for you reply.

The 2 bikes I will be loading is a Ultra and a Heritage.

Do you think there is ANY possible way to load these 2?

Thanks,
Clint
ccosner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #555

Yes. If you put one in the bed of the pickup truck. Putting both in a 19RR, IMHO, isn't going to work. Maybe if you had two mopeds or something. Otherwise, you'll need a longer trailer. Like I said earlier chalk it out in the garage if you want to know for sure. I don't see it happening though. I'm just going on how I imagine it would work out in my trailer. You'll know for sure if you have your bikes and try it out in chalk in the garage. That's what I did before I bought mine.

The price and weight difference between a 19rr and say a 21rr or 22 is minimal. That's where I would start. Maybe you can back one in and overlap the front wheels. I wouldn't want to back a bike up a ramp though. The kitchen just doesn't give you much width to work with.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:47 PM   #556
TeresaInCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by heytomgraywolf View Post
This afternoon, I decided to create more counter space since the 19RR doesn't have that much. I saw this thread on this forum to get the idea: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...best-7270.html

I did find an 18"x22" cutting board at Wal-Mart for $25, but I tried a smaller one (15"x21") that was $15. I ended up taking that one back since you really need 18" to cover the stove front to back. I ended up finding a larger one than the $25 one at Wal-Mart when I went to Bed-Bath-and-Beyond. This cutting board is 18"x24" and is $30, but BB&B always has those 20% OFF coupons so it was actually $24 (less than Wal-Mart!).

I bought two packs of closet rod mounts at Wal-Mart ($0.97 each) so the whole project was $26 plus tax.

Here are the white plastic closet rod holders from the hardware section in Walmart:

Two of the rod holders (one in each package) are completely round (the side you put the rod in first) and two have the tops notched out of them (the side you drop the rod into). I put the two round ones upside down on the rear of the stove, sliding them inwards till they touch the vertical wires in the grill of the stove. Then I took the two with notches in them and put them all the way on the front of the stove sliding them outward until the wires were converging to the point they would not slide out any further:

With them upside down and where you want them on the stove, I put duct tape on the back of them (making a loop so it is like double sided tape... or use double sided tape). Then carefully set the cutting board down, exactly where you want it (this is the trickiest part). Since this cutting board was 24" wide, I rested the one side against the wall of the fridge which helps me align it when putting it on. After pressing down on the cutting board to get the tape to stick, lift the cutting board straight up and flip it over.

You can then screw these rod holders into the cutting board to permanently hold them in place (I used 5/8" screws so they did not come through the other side of the cutting board). I also used a pencil and drew circles around them and lifted them up and removed the duct tape before screwing them down. This is what the bottom side looks like. These rod holders can be "feet" if you want to take the cutting board off and use it on another table:

The way the feet are staggered, I think it would be fine leaving it on while traveling. It really doesn't move anywhere. However, since the stove is so close to the tank on my bike, I don't think I will leave it on for our first trip next weekend with the bike. I would hate to prove myself wrong and find a big dent from a cutting board in my gas tank. I think our second trip, when I am not taking the bike, will be the test run to see if the cutting board stays in place going down the road.

This is what the final product looks like. Now we have more counter space and a huge cutting board!
Freaking GENIOUS !!!!!
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:58 PM   #557
TeresaInCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by campnqueen View Post
olga, you are my heroine! You are one rock'n lady! A woman with power tools and know how to use them!! Awesome job on the mud flaps and the spare tire mount!!
x2 !!!
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:32 PM   #558

Brought my 19rr home today. Thanks for all the great info in this thread!

Chef
KTMchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:35 PM   #559

Sweet!
Old 02-13-2014, 10:04 PM   #560

The towing was AMAZING as well. Fastway E2, Tekonsha P3, and the Tundy..
2002 Harley FATboy
KTMchef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
19rr grey wolf