Old 06-13-2011, 10:32 PM   #21

Thanks all for the ideas ... here's my modes
I put in a small butcher block stand that was purchased from Rona (Canada), but have seen them at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Used 2 "L" brackets on back legs (without casters) to hold unit solid and used 2 - 4" bed legs in front to level. It holds our toaster oven etc. as trailer is short of counter space. 1st shelf down pulls out, so put a couple of hooks to hold it in place while travelling.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0814.jpg
Views:	817
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	6322

Name:	IMG_0817.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	6323

Name:	IMG_0816.jpg
Views:	2351
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	6324

The screen was purchased from Lowes. Cut to overlap and all edge were sewn with bias tape to keep from fraying. In the bottom edge we added long fishing weights to keep it down and in place. The whole thing is held in place with velcro. This makes it easy to open from the middle and hang to the side. doug

Old 06-14-2011, 05:45 AM   #22
Phat Phrog Phlunky

This is very cool Thanks Retiredguy!

Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:20 AM   #23

Campnqueen - yes we were sad to see the folding bunk and the optional faux wood plank floor go. I guess I understand on the bunk if FR had to make it stronger. Actually we have tons of storage up there since it doesn't fold, but not very pretty since there is no door covering up what you store. I was thinking about taking the bunk out, or taking it out and cutting it half the width so there was still some storage and use the half I cut off to make doors, but then my mother put a bug in Lucille's ear saying "well someday if you have grandkids, where will they sleep?" and now Lucille says I can't modify the bunk!

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:33 AM   #24

Doug (Retired Guy) - I too feel that area between the couch and closet is kind of wasted space. I like your idea of making more counter space for the coffee maker or toaster oven.

Lucille likes your decorative screen not only for it being a screen, but she thinks it is much prettier to look at than the big black flooring of the ramp. We live in Florida and our first camping trips (at least relaxing ones since camping on the way home from Indiana doesn't count) will be in Florida and it will be too hot to have the ramp or windows open, but that sounds like another project I need to have ready for this fall when we can hopefully camp in cooler weather.

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 06-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy View Post
Thanks all for the ideas ... here's my modes
I put in a small butcher block stand that was purchased from Rona (Canada), but have seen them at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Used 2 "L" brackets on back legs (without casters) to hold unit solid and used 2 - 4" bed legs in front to level. It holds our toaster oven etc. as trailer is short of counter space. 1st shelf down pulls out, so put a couple of hooks to hold it in place while travelling.
Attachment 6322

Attachment 6323

Attachment 6324

The screen was purchased from Lowes. Cut to overlap and all edge were sewn with bias tape to keep from fraying. In the bottom edge we added long fishing weights to keep it down and in place. The whole thing is held in place with velcro. This makes it easy to open from the middle and hang to the side. doug
Great mods, Doug (retired guy)!!

I am so glad for this forum!! Great ideas and great pics along with instructions makes for better use of wasted spaces!! Thank you all!!
Old 06-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #26
Phat Phrog Phlunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazerandu View Post
Great mods, Doug (retired guy)!!

I am so glad for this forum!! Great ideas and great pics along with instructions makes for better use of wasted spaces!! Thank you all!!
Agreed
Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:14 PM   #27

More work on the Motorcycle Wheel Chock tonight. The wheel chock I bought off Ebay came in today. There seems to be two guys selling this chock. One seller in Florida lists it for $50.99 in an auction format with free shipping, the other seller is from California and sells it as a "Buy it Now" for $59.99, again with free shipping. We went with the auction guy from Florida since the shipping would be faster and won it for $53.01. This chock allows you to roll into it and with the "flapper" in the track, it flips up and holds the bike in place. It holds it well enough to get off and one person can install the tie-downs, but I certainly would not trust just this flapper to hold the bike in place.

I bought two 1-1/2" long x 1/2-13 Carriage Bolts to mount this chock to the plywood. I wanted to use carriage bolts so that a minimum of hardware would be on the bottom side of the plywood against the vinyl floor of the trailer. After drilling the two holes for the carriage bolts, I cut away the carpeting around the hole, so that the carriage bolt could sink into the plywood as far as possible. I then cut two new squares of carpeting and using more contact cement, put carpeting over the heads of the carriage bolts so that the floor is once again protected completely by carpeting.

It's ready for loading tomorrow night when we pack up the trailer (and bike) to head off Friday morning on our 4 day, long weekend trip to Atlantic Beach, FL (near Jacksonville). Knowing me, I will post a few more pics tomorrow night showing the bike loaded and where it sits in the kitchen (trailer). When placing the chock on the plywood, I tried to put the chock (bike) as far forward as possible to keep most the weight over the axles, but still allow the front eyelets to stay well forward of the handlebars so that I have plenty of tension pulling the bike into the chock (forward). I also "think" I have left the chock far enough back that we can still open the refrigerator door. I guess we will see how accurate my measurements are tomorrow when I actually load the bike into this chock in the trailer!

Bottom side of Plywood with Carriage Bolts installed but not covered:

Bottom side of Plywood after Carriage Bolts were covered with more carpeting:

Top view of chock mounted to the plywood:

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 06-18-2011, 07:23 AM   #28

Greetings - below are some pictures of the wheel chock when I loaded the motorcycle in the trailer Friday morning.

Here is one with the plywood base in the trailer with the wheel chock mounted:

This one shows how once the bike can be loaded with one person and the chock holds the bike in place until you can put the straps on:

Another view from back of trailer with bike loaded:

And then with the bike all strapped down:

The bike rode very well and stayed in place for the ride to Jacksonville! - Tom

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 06-19-2011, 09:33 PM   #29

All this is great stuff!

Can you think of the pandemonium we'd cause if we all met in a Walmart parking lot for a DIY, overnight!

Sportster
...can you imagine
Old 06-20-2011, 08:30 AM   #30

Yeah, that would be fun!

I would have to put "Generator" on my list before overnighting at a Wal-Mart... (or wait for cool enough weather not to want to run the A/C)

Next up for pimping my 19RR is a 26" LED Flat Screen TV in the corner by the rear ramp and side door. TV was $199 on eCost.com and arrives Tuesday.

Factory side in bracket that holds the 19" TV is going to the front of the trailer so the 19" can be watched from bed (or on the outdoor bracket)

Tom

Tags
19rr grey wolf