Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2015, 01:00 PM   #681
RiderBloke

The 22RR looks like a pretty good layout. Obviously FR heard that people like the walk around bed as in the 26RR. The one bit of space begging for something in my mind is the second door on the RHS through to the bedroom. A cupboard, work desk, or ??? Spot?
Hope you enjoy it as much as I am the 26RR. I have one last thing to sort out - how best to tie the BMW F800GT in it. Look forward to your forum pieces.
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 05:13 PM   #682

We're looking at getting a 26RR, even though our 19RR is still in excellent condition. Just want some more room. Trying to find one close to us has been difficult.
kgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 05:17 PM   #683
RiderBloke

Where are you? If within driving distance of Bay City, MI I highly recommend TriCityRV. They have been excellent. Good dealer means a good trailer experience.
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
Old 07-22-2015, 05:43 PM   #684

We're in North east NC. MI is a bit far right now! Appreciate the recommendation though!!
kgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:46 PM   #685

Reply to RiderBloke and thread

Yeah I hear you, the walk around bed was a welcome upgrade. Also the bathroom increased size and the walk in shower was a plus. You mentioned the area on the right going to bedroom. Not too much space to work with but might do something with it later. Nice to be able to get to the bedroom without going through the bathroom. We also looked at the 26RR, which is a nice rig. Full disclosure, I think the 19RR had more storage space than the 22RR, I guess you have to give up something for the walk around bed and larger bathroom:-) On the table, looks like we will be traveling without it most of the time. Good luck on figuring out the loading procedures, I too will be working on loading up my motorcycle soon!
robcsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:17 PM   #686

The 22 RR has a nice floor plan the wife likes. Anybody have luck trading in a less than 1yr old camper?????? lol

2006 Honda Goldwing
2012 Toyota Tundra DC s(sold)
2015 Cherokee Grey wolf 19RR Limited
2017 F150 Super Crew 3.5eb 5.5
bluewoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 12:50 PM   #687

I suspect you'll lose a bit on that deal but you never know. My insurance company bought my last two. No matter what you own though there will always be a model up from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-24-2015, 03:33 PM   #688

Storm damage? You are correct on the model up - just very interested in the floor plan that wasn't there last year. But we have gone camping a total of Nine nights and have enjoyed it every time. Hoping to get a couple more weekends before you know what sneaks up on most of us.

2006 Honda Goldwing
Old 07-24-2015, 05:04 PM   #689

Yes, there is always a new and hopefully improved model. In our case, it cost a little bit to move up even with the settlement but it was worth it IMHO. One negative was the start from scratch and the cost of all the mods I had done on the other rig
robcsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 05:58 PM   #690

Always dreaming though.

2006 Honda Goldwing
Old 07-28-2015, 12:31 PM   #691

Negative for us was the storage space in the 25rr is less useful than the space in the 19rr. Seems backwards. No tv in the br either. I miss the 19rr sometimes.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:36 PM   #692
RiderBloke

The 26RR has a whole area on the right side below the window basically waste space so following another forum member I built a box to fit right along the wheel arch and use it for a broom, a toaster, coffee machine, ceramic heater, fan, electric jug, and some small items. Adds an enormous amount of space and a low bench top or seat if needed. Plus I modified some wood bits over electrics in several cupboards to give an extra few more useable space. Also have a set of plastic drawers under the seats and removed the stitching on the corners of the vinyl shrouds to make underneath more accessible. I was thinking of removing the faux brick wall but so far have not. I also added a drop down shelf n the end of the kitchen that can also hold the sink cover if desired as extra bench area. I now have space to spare. 😃
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
Old 07-29-2015, 11:59 AM   #693

I wonder if fr, as part of their development, takes new floor plans out for a week long trip and uses each model. Then questions like where everything fits in would be answered. Like where do towels get stored? I have to wrestle them under the sink. Or where do I put my pants etc. the 19rr had a really nice storage place for both. Or is it practical to need to hold the cabinet door up with one hand while trying to fish something out of the back with the other while holding back items in the front with your face.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:31 PM   #694
RiderBloke

Toby, I think the answer is 'No!' Maybe we could round up a team of volunteers for different models as a service to the industry. ��
I think everyone who buys a trailer like ours should have an extra $1-3000 for mods to make the trailer really useful. I have spent (mumble mumble) dollars modifying mine and I think I have only wasted a small amount of money on things that didn't work out. But mostly I have used my growing skills to make small changes that make the trailer more useful - shelving in the entertainment unit to turn it into a pantry; straightening up some boards in cupboards that are protecting wiring to make the cupboard space squarer and larger; a system to hold the bed up when accessing the space underneath; struts for all the overhead cupboards; changing the heater outlet beneath the sink; putting stronger hinges on the seat/beds; moving the hanging rails in the wardrobes; putting wire shelves to use space better in cupboards; etc. so my $21k trailer really cost me closer to $25K. I could have used it as it was but this has made it much better. And we don't regret any of it.
Habitat Care-a-Vanner
Old 09-04-2015, 11:42 AM   #695

Hey 19RRer's... its been a while since I started this thread and I have not been on it lately, but I have a needed repair so I thought I would check if anyone else had this problem and came up with a "better than factory" solution!

I think my water pump is giving out. We got our 19RR in May of 2011, so it is just over 4 years old, but we have never "dry camped" where the water pump for the fresh water tank got a lot of use. However we have turned the pump on during showers when the campground's water service did not have much pressure.

I noticed when cleaning the camper up after the last trip and I was not connected to water, typically when wiping down the kitchen and bathroom, I will turn on the pump and I keep a bit of water in the freshwater tank. Well nothing much (very little came out).

Today I filled the freshwater tank because I was not sure if the tank was just empty or if the pump was having problems and same thing. So I hooked it up to the water from my house and made sure I had no air in the lines. Then I turned on the pump with the city water from my house and it ran a bit and then shut off like normal when the pressure switch trips when all the faucets are turned off. Opened a faucet, pump came on, shut faucet, pump turned off.

Went out side and disconnected City Water and went back in and had a bit more pressure when turning on the pump, but when I turned off the faucet, the pump used to run for 5 or 10 seconds and trip the pressure switch, but now the pump just runs and runs with all faucets turned off.

Sound like a bad pump?
Should I replace it with a better brand? (current pump is a SHURflo 2088-422-144 rated at 2.8 GPM (10.6 liters per minute) at 45 psi and 7 amps max.)

I was thinking about putting a larger pump in, but that might just use up my freshwater tank sooner (we are going to dry camp for the first time this fall .... tailgate at a football game).

Stay with the same size pump?
Buy a better brand than SHURflo?

Thanks!

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:29 PM   #696

SOLVED... False Alarm, Pump is fine. Took the pump out.. man... getting the back two screws holding the pump to the floor that you can't see and the pump is buried in the back corner of the bathroom vanity were not easy to get out.

Once I got the pump out and in my garage, I was putting some tubing on the intake of the pump to put in a bucket of water and on the intake there is a screen/bowl filter to catch the rocks & lizards. Well I bumped it and it felt loose. Sure enough, that clear filter bowl worked it's way loose (how, I don't know, it is buried in the bathroom vanity) and with it loose, it was sucking air and not priming fully and could not pump to enough pressure to shut off the pressure switch.

Tightened the bowl, went back out to the camper and turned the AC on for the re-installation. Took the shop vac to vacuum up tons of saw dust down by this pump because they never vacuum anything when making these campers and I put the pump back in with just 2 of the 4 screws... the 2 you can see and get to... where is it going anyway?

Saved myself buying a $50 to $100 water pump thinking the pump was bad. Hopefully if someone else's filter bowl on the intake gets loose they can just tighten it back up without going through all I just went through.

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 09-04-2015, 03:21 PM   #697

Thanks for starting a great thread!!

2006 Honda Goldwing
Old 09-04-2015, 08:55 PM   #698

Built an Entertainment center....

I had removed and relocated the small cabinet that sat between the entrance door and the tail gate. It is now an end table to the couch.

I'm going to order a door for the top section from Forest River

In its place a i built an entertainment center:

Made out of simple birch plywood and poplar trim, stained Cherry to match other woodwork.

TV, XM Radio, Factory stereo system, cigarette lighter socket, USB charge socket, volt meter and a small cubby to place cell phones while charging and to store remotes.

The cloth valance was over the window above the sink, but it took up a lot of room and wouldn't allow a "Plate-Poper" to be located under the cabinet.

The red illuminated switch between the XM radio and the stereo is to turn on the antenna amplifier.

Hope you like it!
Rbertalotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:14 AM   #699

Solar System

Got my solar install about 80% finished. Admin won't allow listing of my web site where I have a complete write up. Sorry!

Rbertalotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:04 PM   #700

Very nice work Rbertalotto! Lots of nice electronics added...

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior

Tags
19rr grey wolf