Old 08-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #381

I bring the wife along, she protects me from those banjo playin wackos...

Some of the larger haulers do have gen-sets and tanks but the 19RR does not. I like to tell everyone it it the worlds smallest toy hauler. It is a great unit for what I need now, someday I will step up to a "real" toy hauler.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #382

I considered a toy hauler, and I have no toys. I like the no-nonsense layout of them. They can sleep alot of people if you get the drop down beds. Plus, you can use them as a cargo trailer if you need to haul something home.

I looked at a 27' XLR v-nose that I almost bought. It had a huge bathroom in the nose. It had alot of neat features, but it was very heavy and more than I wanted to spend, so I passed.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #383

Just bought a 2012 21RR from Cheyenne Camping Center in Walcott, IA. I only live about an hour from there so nice and close. I plan on doing some mods and like what I've read here. I'm going out this weekend and this will be my first camper. So I'm looking for first time set-up advice also. I'll troll the forums for more info.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #384

If the ramp on the 21 is anything like the ramp on our 19, you'll probably want to lessen the angle from ramp to trailer. Speaking from experience of losing that $11.00 jiffy-leg spring on the bagger when I did not heed the advice of forumers who advised same to ol Sportster. DOH! Bottom line, when loading the scoot, jack the front up as much as you can and put a couple of wheel chocks under the back of the ramp. Bridge it w/ a 2x12 or a short ramp of some sort. That way ya won't drag goin in to the trailer.

Outside of that - enjoy the trailer and the scenery!

Sportster
...don't think of it as work, just try and enjoy the game
Old 08-27-2012, 10:23 PM   #385

I'll do that when I load my bagger. What's everyone using for a tp holder?
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Nights camped 2016-43
Nights camped 2017-47....
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #386

We got one of those paper towel poles you put on the kitchen counter at home. It usually lives on the floor behind the toilet. Am thinking of doing some re-lo on it though...like inside the cabinet. Tackling that and tinting the skylight over the shower this weekend.

Sportster
...workin in the poop room.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:07 AM   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra glide
I'll do that when I load my bagger. What's everyone using for a tp holder?
Electra glide,

Check out page 5 of this thread 'Calling all Cherokee Gray Wold 19RR owners'. It was the first thread I reported some of my "pimping" before starting this thread. There is a pic where I mounted my tp holder in my 19rr.

Tom

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:09 AM   #388

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000XLifted View Post
Here is my "on board" generator setup for my 19RR. Generator is a Yamaha EF2400ISHC. This is a 2011 19RR but could be done to just about any trailer if ya wanted.

I did this because just about all the places I camp are atv parks without hookups and I wanted a simple setup without putting a generator on the ground. I also like to be able to pull into rest-stops and start the generator without hooking up cords and such. With this done I can go down the road with the gen on if I wanted, but never have.

Mods to complete the install-

1) I had to cut out the factory angle iron that held the battery box.
2) I welded in new 2"X2" angle to form a square the size of the base of the Yamaha gen to sit in.
3) I built and welded a new battery tray to hang on the side of the trailer tongue, see pic.
4) I purchased a 30amp transfer switch from here- Progressive Dynamics 30 Amp Generator Transfer Switch - Progressive Dynamics PD5110010V - Generator Accessories - Camping World I installed this behind the fuse panel, one side goes to the factory male plug on the side of the camper and the other side of the switch is a 10g cord similar to the 30' factory cable run permanently along the frame under the trailer up to the generator. This allows me to just start the gen and the switch will grab the gen power when it sees 120v.
5) I had to move the propane bottle rack about 4" forward and use a soft cover because the molded cover now hits the jack. I do not like the soft cover and will revisit this problem.

The only problems-
1) The frame manufacture would have a cow if I wanted warranty work.
2) If the gen is pushing the A/C it is LOUD in the bedroom since the gen is less than a foot from me when sleeping.

Happy Pimping!!!

Russ-
I have a 21rr and like your setup. I am wondering if a piece of sound deadening material placed between your generator and the diamond plate would reduce the sound level in your bedroom?
Old 08-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #389

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfun1 View Post
I have a 21rr and like your setup. I am wondering if a piece of sound deadening material placed between your generator and the diamond plate would reduce the sound level in your bedroom?
It could help, I also get some vibration from it being mounted directly to the frame and that is noticeable too when trying to sleep. I have only needed to run the gen a couple of times overnight so I just lift it off its rack. It is usually cool enough to not need the gen overnight.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #390

WolfWhistle was it hard to take the bunk bed out ??

Tags
19rr grey wolf