Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2015, 12:28 PM   #701

Quote:
Originally Posted by heytomgraywolf View Post
SOLVED... False Alarm, Pump is fine. Took the pump out.. man... getting the back two screws holding the pump to the floor that you can't see and the pump is buried in the back corner of the bathroom vanity were not easy to get out.

Once I got the pump out and in my garage, I was putting some tubing on the intake of the pump to put in a bucket of water and on the intake there is a screen/bowl filter to catch the rocks & lizards. Well I bumped it and it felt loose. Sure enough, that clear filter bowl worked it's way loose (how, I don't know, it is buried in the bathroom vanity) and with it loose, it was sucking air and not priming fully and could not pump to enough pressure to shut off the pressure switch.

Tightened the bowl, went back out to the camper and turned the AC on for the re-installation. Took the shop vac to vacuum up tons of saw dust down by this pump because they never vacuum anything when making these campers and I put the pump back in with just 2 of the 4 screws... the 2 you can see and get to... where is it going anyway?

Saved myself buying a $50 to $100 water pump thinking the pump was bad. Hopefully if someone else's filter bowl on the intake gets loose they can just tighten it back up without going through all I just went through.

Glad you solved it. I was going to ask if you had a winterizing kit on it because the valve could of been open some.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tags
19rr grey wolf