Old 04-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #471

Hi everyone! I just picked up my 2014 19RR last weekend and have started doing some of the mods you folks have posted in this thread. There sure are a lot of great ideas.
What I was wondering was how the 19RR has been holding up for you. I passed on the extended warranty for the time being but was curious to see if it's something I might need in the future. They said I had a year to make up my mind.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #472

Just my two cents for what its worth. If you are talking about the $150 Forest River extended warranty I would get it. Well worth it if you loose something significant. I bought mine last year and it seems to be holding up fairly well for the most part. I have never got the keyless entry to work. Also my "Level-up" indicators have quit working as well as the outside stereo key pad. Not to worried about these and I will probably just look into them myself when I get time. Enjoy your new trailer!

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
rkswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #473

Thanks for the response.
I don't have the list handy but the plan they showed me was around $1200.00 and up depending on how long I wanted to extend it. For $150 I'd take it no questions asked.
I had asked about the 3 items you mentioned and the dealer talked me out of them. He said they didn't work well or for very long and were a waste of money. I believe he said they no longer offer the outside stero control.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #474

Many dealers fail to mention the Forest River warranty because they don't make any money off of it, in fact some do their best to hide the fact. My dealer was not happy when I refused the high dollar aftermarket warranty. They make alot of money off them. If you do a search on this site you should be able to find some information on it or call your dealer and question him about the 1 year additional FR warranty. I didn't want the electronic gizmos either but they were part of a "free" package deal when I bought my trailer. I honestly have no use for any of them for the most part.

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
rkswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:41 PM   #475

I wonder if you guys should start a new thread or look for a thread about tow vehicles and/or transmissions. I started this thread (some 450 posts ago) about the F.R. 19RR and mods we can do to it. Seems like lately this thread have moved to Extended Warranty Policies, Transmission Coolers, etc.

I hope I am not offending folks, but that is why there are so many different threads out there in different categories. I did enjoy the one recent post about the mods to the battery bracket and different size battery.

Tom

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #476

Ramp Extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Congratulations, nice buy and welcome to the forum. I hope you find it as helpful as I have. I have a 2012 21RR (also bought used) and am here to help you anyway I know how. As far as the ramp, just use the search function several good ideas here. I made a 4' x 3' ramp out of scrap aluminum (called diamond tread (not plate)) and hinged from the back edge of the ramp with heavy duty strap hinges. I have 11" blocks that set the back edge of the ramp on, which lessens the angle at the top of the ramp (ramp to floor), when the ramp extension is folded to the ground. There are other ways to get it done. It is possible, to jack the tongue all way up, which lessens the angle. I just don't like raising and lowering it to load or unload the bike. Clint
Clint, I too have tipped the trailer, put blocks, wheel chocks, etc. under the edge of the ramp and used different things to get between the ground and the elevated ramp. I would like to take a piece of diamond plate like you did too but I have a question about mounting the hinges. You mentioned you used strap hinges. I am sure you used nuts and bolts to mount the hinge to the diamond plate, but how did you screw the hinges into the trailer's ramp. I was thinking more like a piano hinge would allow all the screws mounting to the trailer's ramp to go into the strip of aluminum on the edge of the ramp. If your hinge screws into the ramp up in the black, anti slip material, did you feel the plywood behind this black anti slip is plenty thick? I just know on the other side of the ramp, the fiberglass layer is very thin (not enough to get a screw to bite into) and then mainly foam.

One other question... your diamond plate "flap" (if you don't mind me calling it a flap).... is it 4' wide and extends the ramp 3', or is it 3' wide and extends your ramp 4'? Just figuring if I was going to make some 11" blocks like you recommend, I have to get the extension of 3' or 4' correct. Thanks for the input.

Tom

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #477
Live 2 Ride Ride 2 Live

Battery Brkt Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by heytomgraywolf View Post
I wonder if you guys should start a new thread or look for a thread about tow vehicles and/or transmissions. I started this thread (some 450 posts ago) about the F.R. 19RR and mods we can do to it. Seems like lately this thread have moved to Extended Warranty Policies, Transmission Coolers, etc.

I hope I am not offending folks, but that is why there are so many different threads out there in different categories. I did enjoy the one recent post about the mods to the battery bracket and different size battery.

Tom
I will take some pics this weekend when the weather warms up again. I wanted to show people how I did it. It works really well. I still have other mods to do like the ramp which I am still trying to decide the best route to take that will work best for me.

Rick Kelly
RKelly056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #478

Hello did you try raising the tung just raised mine on my 2014 25rr and had no problem pulling in my electric glide classic.
Just wondering ?
Thanks Sam 2581
Old 05-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #479

I have no problem raising the front to put my heritage softail in that way
Old 05-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #480
Live 2 Ride Ride 2 Live

Enjoyed What

Quote:
Originally Posted by heytomgraywolf View Post

Tom
What did you enjoy about it?

Rick Kelly
RKelly056 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
19rr grey wolf