Old 09-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #541

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgamb2 View Post
I had the same fear with loading a 2012 FLHRC. I designed a ramp extension and bought the aluminum at a metal supply and had it welded together. I designed the ramp to fit in the storage compartment.It is 36 in wide and the diamond plate is 24 x 36. It lifts the ramp 11 inches and takes away the steep angle. To make sure of clearance, I carry a 4 ft long x 6 in wide 1/2 in plywood. I drive the bike up into the unit with the plywood on the ramp which keeps the rear tire 1/2 in higher. No issues with bottoming out. I will post some pics of the ramp.
Where do you put your gear (power cord, plumbing gadgets, etc)?

Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #542

everything still fits either on top or under the ramp extension. to include the torque bars from my equalizer hitch. there is lots of room in that compartment.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:39 PM   #543

Toby;

Checking back through some old posts. How are these LED's holding up to the weather? I was looking at the link on Amazon that you sent and the one picture of the back of the bag said something about the LED's being moisture sensitive. Wondering if the "ribbon" should be strung through clear tubing kind of like rope lights?

Tom

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:32 PM   #544

Lights

I'm not sure if I've had them long enough to be sure but so far so good. Ironically, I turned them on over the New Year as folks were arriving. The camper is parked outside my kitchen window and I can control the lights from the kitchen sink using the remote. I also thought about a clear tube but instead put a very thin layer of clear silicone over them to help glue them down. I don't trust the sticky tape they include. At $36, I don't really have anything to lose if they don't survive.

I don't think Summer can get here fast enough. I want to go camping.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #545

Thanks... That's a good idea and way to bond them under the awning. I think I am going to order some and use clear silicone too.

Thanks!

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 01-13-2014, 08:45 AM   #546

I took the time this weekend and attended the local boat and RV show downtown Omaha. I couldn't help but notice that many of the new campers now had these light strips installed on them in the same spot. That's nice. I also noticed that there is another thread using the exact same lights I installed and some folks are having problems with the lights failing randomly.

The difference is that it looks like they are installing the lights at the end of the canopy where I installed mine under the gutter on the camper and under the canopy. I have opened up my canopy on several occasions only to find water trapped inside of it (even though I rolled it up dry). Maybe there's a big difference on where you install these lights. I hope I have better luck. Time will tell.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #547

Thanks Toby. I mounted mine this Saturday and my wife and I are going to the RV show in Tampa this coming Saturday. Thanks for the suggestion, links and help!

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 01-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #548

New Grey Wolf 19RR owner

Hello everyone,

Just purchased a 2014 19RR. I've been reading this thread and have learned a lot from it. I will be loading and hauling a 2009 Suzuki Boulevard C50T on most of my outings. I just wanted to introduce myself.

Thanks,

robcsatx
Old 01-28-2014, 02:14 PM   #549

Quote:
Originally Posted by robcsatx View Post
Hello everyone,

Just purchased a 2014 19RR. I've been reading this thread and have learned a lot from it. I will be loading and hauling a 2009 Suzuki Boulevard C50T on most of my outings. I just wanted to introduce myself.

Thanks,

robcsatx
WhooHoo! Welcome aboard. My father also just recently purchased a 19RR. I think he saw how much fun we were having at the rallys and on vacations and decided he wanted in.

Do you have yours yet? I'd love to see some photos of the inside (specifically the bedroom). I believe the new ones are much more open now but I'm curious as to how much cabinet space you get and what happens at the foot of the bed.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:49 PM   #550

Hello Toby,

Yes, I have the unit now after a long shakedown trip from Indiana to Texas, Yes, I barely escaped the weather....I will try to upload pictures later but I will try to answer your questions. Nothing over the queen bed no bunk or storage. There is a small mirrored closet at the end of the bed on the front corner and a wooded shelf (lack of a better term) rounding out the length of the bed. The cabinet space is ok one between the fridge and the bedroom area and one next to the bathroom. Speaking of the bathroom, if there is any negatives it is claustrophobic space dedicated for the bathroom. I'm sure will be adding either shelves or stack-able plastic containers along with most of the pimping mentioned in this thread.

Tags
19rr grey wolf