Old 04-22-2014, 07:19 PM   #591

Grey Wolf 19RR modifications and pimping

Hello forum,

Took "The Wolf" on a major west coast trip! The following modifications were made -

Add TV adjustable arm mount in bed area
Add shelf in bathroom medicine cabinet *
Add shelf in ward near bathroom *
Add towel bar in bathroom
Add shelf in bed area
Remove shelf in ward - more room to hang clothes (future, raise hanger bar)
Future - Raise and move back hanger bar in bedroom area shirt closet (hard to close door with hangers on rod)
Added battery powered LED lights in cabinet above sink and outside storage area
Added 3 heat barrier/covers cut to fit bed area windows and window above fold down sofa fits behind accordion blind
Added second longer sewer hose carrier installed beside factory carrier
Added splash guards to edges of tub
Plastic storage drawers located across from bathroom - like chest of drawers...ok 3
Installed adjustable silverware tray mounted on rails inside kitchen drawer *
Add jacket hooks on cargo door side of overhead storage
Key holder (hooks) on right side of overhead storage
Add toilet paper holder underneath bathroom medicine cabinet
Sink cover and stove hood light bulb replacement (much brighter) *

* Picture included in post

First pictures submitted...wish me luck!

I will be visiting "The Wolf" tomorrow and will take more pictures of the mods, posting them soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Extra wolf paw covering rock damage.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	50716   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kitchen silverware drawer.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	50717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bathroom Medicine Cabinet Shelf.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	50718   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ward shelf.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	50719   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sink Cover.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	50720  

robcsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:21 PM   #592

Oh the extra wolf paw on the front of the rig is covering a rock ding...more than just a ding I picked up :-(

Old 04-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #593

More Mods on Grey Wolf 19RR

Please see list of modifications in previous post. Attached pictures support list.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bed Area TV Mount.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	50768   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewer Hose Carrier.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	50769   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bathroom Towel Bar.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	50770   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bed Area shelf.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	50771   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ward Shelf removal.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	50772  

Old 04-23-2014, 06:52 PM   #594
rudy17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bprince View Post
Hi!
I would really like to see some pictures with bikes, finally getting my 19rr this week. Need to tie down 2 dirt bikes.

Here's a pic of ours loaded w/2 250 dirt bikes and a 50 pit bike. I snapped it as we were unloading from our last race. We bolted 2 removable wheel chocks and end up loading 1 of the bikes backward w/ the 50 in between them. I'll have to grab better pics next time, I remembered to take this one at the last minute, as they were unloading them. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1398293369.790986.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	50788
Old 04-29-2014, 10:29 AM   #595
TJS

Where can I get that corner cabinet like the one in post 591? Its the one with the green box in it.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:47 PM   #596

Reply to cabinet question

The cabinet came with our 2014 Grey Wolf 19RR. The modification was to add a shelf on the top portion of the cabinet. The location is on the right side of the sofa, corner of outside wall and the bathroom wall. This item could probably be ordered at Forest River via a dealer of your choice.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:49 PM   #597

I seem to be unable to find the post I need. My drawer under the stove (no oven in ours) has already broken. What/how was this reinforced to keep it from happening again? I found the post for the drawers under/by the sink but not the one under the stove. Thanks!
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Nights camped 2016-43
Nights camped 2017-47....
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:16 PM   #598

Ramp Extensions Revisited.

Been a while since I've been on the forum. I didn't use my 21rr much last year, but the couple times I did, I jury rigged the ramp with some concrete landscaping blocks to give it about 4" more of lift, then used an aluminum ramp extension to get my Victory Vision up on the ramp and into the trailer. The system worked but it was a PITA to set up.

For this year, I'm planning on modifying my hitch so the front of the trailer rides a little higher when hooked up. Then have ordered an electric tongue jack with 18" of extension, so I will use that to get the front up even higher and the rear lower. I think I still may need to raise the ramp some. Has anyone looked at these as an option - RhinoRamps.

The alternative would be to go with PitPal bumpers. These give 3.5" of lift from standard.

BTW, this year I'm hauling a 2010 Harley Ultra Classic. My BMW f650gs is high enough no ramp mods are needed to load and unload.
2015 Victory Gunner
Smithee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:21 PM   #599

The only think I don't like about the "tip your trailer" approach (raising the hitch end to make the transition between the ramp and the floor of the camper less of an angle) is once you get the bike in the trailer, the entire trailer is tilted like a ramp and I would be concerned keeping a big bike in the wheel chalk while strapping it in. I have one of the wheel chalks that as you roll the front tire in, it flips forward holding the bike in place and I can get entirely off the bike and then install the tie-down straps by myself. If the entire trailer is tipped, I would be concerned with the bike rolling backwards till it is strapped down or someone else can level the trailer back out.

IMHO, I still feel the best solution is to put a piano hinge along the inside, top edge of the ramp (top when ramp door is closed) and attach a thick piece of diamond plate. Then when you lower the ramp, you can have permanent rubber bumpers that hold the ramp up or anything you want to put under there temporarily and then flip out your hinged extension.

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:29 PM   #600

Quote:
Originally Posted by heytomgraywolf View Post
The only think I don't like about the "tip your trailer" approach (raising the hitch end to make the transition between the ramp and the floor of the camper less of an angle) is once you get the bike in the trailer, the entire trailer is tilted like a ramp and I would be concerned keeping a big bike in the wheel chalk while strapping it in. I have one of the wheel chalks that as you roll the front tire in, it flips forward holding the bike in place and I can get entirely off the bike and then install the tie-down straps by myself.
I hear you, but there are several folks who have posted here that raising the front end works just fine. In terms of a longer-term solution, though, I think the diamond plate or even a 4' piece of 3/4 ply on a piano hinge combined with taller bumpers installed at the top outside of the rear door would be the best way to go.

Another issue on the chock - I have a similar chock that holds the bike up once I'm rolled into it. Course, you have to strap it down once off the bike.

How do you fasten the chock to the floor? I've been hesitant to drilll through the floor. I'm handy but not that handy. This might be a mod I'll have the local muffler/trailer repair shop do for me.

2015 Victory Gunner
Smithee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
19rr grey wolf