Old 09-22-2014, 06:29 PM   #621

Doesn't look like this forum is getting a lot of posts anymore.

I figured out an easy way to tie down the wheel chock - I picked up 4 turnbuckles at the hardware store. I hook them to the wheel chock and tie them to the floor anchors. Works great and the chock doesn't budge at all.

Also, my GF uses a CPAP machine. I'm looking at installing an inverter so she can run the machine at night off the batteries if we are dry camping. I figure I'll install a 12v cigarette lighter receptacle in the storage area under the bed. I'm puzzling about how to run the wires to the electrical panel so they don't look a mess. Any suggestions?

2015 Victory Gunner
Smithee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:33 PM   #622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithee View Post

I figured out an easy way to tie down the wheel chock - I picked up 4 turnbuckles at the hardware store. I hook them to the wheel chock and tie them to the floor anchors. Works great and the chock doesn't budge at all.

Also, my GF uses a CPAP machine. I'm looking at installing an inverter so she can run the machine at night off the batteries if we are dry camping. I figure I'll install a 12v cigarette lighter receptacle in the storage area under the bed. I'm puzzling about how to run the wires to the electrical panel so they don't look a mess. Any suggestions?

What kind of chalk is that? I have a 840 pound SG wondering if that would work.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:05 AM   #623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jswerve View Post
What kind of chalk is that? I have a 840 pound SG wondering if that would work.
Just a generic wheel chock I bought off e-Bay a few years ago.

Very similar to this one:

New Motorcycle Stand Wheel Chock | eBay

I used to have a Victory Vision and used it with this chock. Should work fine with your Street Glide. The turnbuckle solution is the simplest solution I've seen for tying down the chock to the trailer floor. When tightened down, the thing does not budge.
2015 Victory Gunner
Smithee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #624

Ok, it's December already. Where did everybody go? It the best forum I've seen.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:27 AM   #625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithee View Post

My 19RR came with that outlet already installed in it but it was above the sound system in the far back corner of the trailer (next to the power antenna button). My father bought his trailer after I bought mine and his didn't have it. I actually used mine to power an electric cooler on a few trips when higher amounts of beer was necessary. Worth verifying.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 02:48 PM   #626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Where do you put your gear (power cord, plumbing gadgets, etc)?
Toby. I would be very interested in your ramp extention. If you could email me pictures it would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-29-2015, 07:59 PM   #627
RiderBloke

Pimp my 19RR!

That chock looks like one that Harbor Freight sells. I have one and it is heavy, hard to store unless you put it in the back of your truck locked up, but extremely stable. I have just bought a chock from a guy on Craigslist not far on me who makes them and although they don't have the sideways stability of that one with its arms, I am going to add folding arms and the upright on the chock folds down too to make it easy to store. This model is designed to be dropped into the floor permanently but I am being a little creative as I don't want to do that. They cost a lot less also.
Sorry I couldn't get his Craigslist link to work.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:17 AM   #628

Quote:
Originally Posted by canible View Post
Toby. I would be very interested in your ramp extention. If you could email me pictures it would be greatly appreciated
I saw your post and I will post photos of my ramp here. It will be a while as we just got a new delivery of this very cold crap all over the yard and it has surrounded my camper. I'm using a bobcat to carry it around to better locations. My companion thinks it's the "bomb"!

Anyway, there is no way I am going to get out there and get the door down for photos in the near future. I am attaching some photos that I had handy but will try and post better ones when things permit. These are not all of the same trailer.

In the first photo I use dock bumpers (like what they use on the loading docks) to raise the height of the door when it is down. I use three on my trailer.

In the next photo, I use a piano hinge to secure the ramp (a 3 foot by width of door give or take) to the door. Only secure the ramp to the frame of the door. Do not screw into the black area. My ramp is always flat. It swings inward when the door is up but it is above the trunk of my bike so no harm. The ramp is aluminum and it does add some weight to the door.

The next photo is a second look from afar.

The following photo shows my fathers 19RR with his ramp. Two mistakes IMHO are to not bend the ramp at the far end. It didn't work out because the ramp was weaker and collapsed when he drove the bike up. It then yanked the ramp off the door (second mistake is don't secure the ramp inside the frame).

The final photo shows the security system to keep everything safe.

I'll work on some better photos when weather permits. It might be a while though. I've got "stuff" piled up pretty high and it's drifted all around my RV. I hope this helps though. Let me know if you have any questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ramp5.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	329.7 KB
ID:	69224   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ramp3.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	316.3 KB
ID:	69225   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ramp2.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	274.3 KB
ID:	69226   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ramp6.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	69227   Click image for larger version

Name:	Molly20140813.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	382.9 KB
ID:	69228  

Old 02-06-2015, 09:19 AM   #629

Here is a video of me closing the ramp door that my girlfriend took. This was last year at Arrowhead State Park in Iowa. It shows (among other things) how easy it is to fold the ramp up and go. That was the point of the ramp modification. It isn't an episode to configure the camper and build the ramp to load/unload the bike.
Attached Files
Old 02-07-2015, 10:11 AM   #630

Toby I love your back ramp when closed!! I own a 2006 Gold wing so how do you strap it in your 25RR ( crash bars- Honda made it so easy). I just bought a 19rr and come spring I want to be ready to go if you know what I mean. Nothing to do right now but read!!

* I will using a harbor freight wheel chock*
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-13 19.38.04.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	272.8 KB
ID:	69266  

2006 Honda Goldwing
2012 Toyota Tundra DC
2015 Cherokee Grey wolf 19RR Limited
bluewoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags