Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2012, 01:14 AM   #141
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkswyo View Post
I finally got my 19RR last week after 8 weeks. I have been busy with mods. I put a window in the coach door. It is a slider so you can open it. Also nice because you can actually see out of it. I insulated and and sheathed the storage compartment in the front and installed a 12 volt light in there as well. Installed a Tornado black tank flush system. Iordered cabinet doors today from Forest river. I am going to install a cabinet door on the entertainment center cubby hole, one for the storage under the bed and get rid of the cargo net on the overhead cabinet and replace it with cabinet doors as well. Hoping the weather stays nice so I can get it out soon!

Feel free to share some pictures - we won't mind.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:32 AM   #142

Sounds great. Please include pictures of the new cabinet doors when installed. When I first bought my 19RR I had plans to replace the cargo net with something that looked nicer and have never got around to it.

Tom

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #143

I will post some pics of what I have done so far today and more later when I finish the cabinet doors. I just have to figure out how.
rkswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:22 PM   #144

Tow Vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ54220 View Post
thanks, will be checking back often, was going to ask about towing vehicle, we have a 97 ford f150 w\5.4 in ti and the tow pakage, havent towed camper with it, had a 89 chevy and it did not have enough power especially on hills but we do have the stabalizers, we got them after are first trip out, what a differance looking foward to diffrent tips take care
I was towing mine with a 4.7L Tundra. It was doing it but I feared it wouldn't last long pulling my 19RR around so this week I bought a new 2012 F-150 EcoBoost with a max tow package. I think it will do nicely but I wouldn't know because I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Then I have to put 1000 miles on it before I can hook up. It's been the longest week of my life. I should get it next week.

When I bought my 19RR I asked the dealer about mounting the spare tire on the back door like some other have done. He told me that it wasn't a great idea because the door was aluminum and would eventually cause problems. Right now it's under the bed. It'll sure stink if I ever need it on a trip with it stored there. Maybe when we travel I'll put it in the bed of the truck.

My dealer also built me an extension ramp for my 19RR. It basically folds out to extend the length of the ramp by about 5 feed. Two loading dock bumpers were added to the top of the back door to raise it up. So far it works just fine. With my previous TH we did the "jack up the front" maneuver but I got sick of doing that all the time. I wanted something a little quicker this time.

Unfortunately, I bought my 19RR last October and have yet to actually use it. The waiting is almost over but to keep the time going I've been lurking in here reading about the other mods. I'm pretty confident I'll end up getting the screen for the back door. I like that idea a lot. I'm also going to have cabinet doors made for the bed too. Either that or a custom stick to hold up the bed. It's a two man job...just about...the way we have to do it now to get stuff out of there.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by heytomgraywolf View Post
Greetings - below are some pictures of the wheel chock when I loaded the motorcycle in the trailer Friday morning.

Here is one with the plywood base in the trailer with the wheel chock mounted:

This one shows how once the bike can be loaded with one person and the chock holds the bike in place until you can put the straps on:

Another view from back of trailer with bike loaded:

And then with the bike all strapped down:

The bike rode very well and stayed in place for the ride to Jacksonville! - Tom
I know this post is a little dated and you're already done BUT if it matters to anyone...I would give this wheel chock a try. That's what I am using in my 19RR and it doesn't mount to anything. I use it on my Goldwing and she doesn't move. I strap the the triple T down to the front hooks and two straps from the chock back to the rear hooks.

Amazon.com: Kuryakyn EZ Chock - 3-1/2"/--: Automotive
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #146

Hi all, this is my first post after reading all, Excellent forum, I wanted to share which wheel chuck I chose(WHEELDOCK - The Official Site - wheeldock.com
I ride a yamaha Royal Star Venture (880 pnds) this chuck holds it up nicely and assist with the tie downs, only requires 2 small holes which I cover a carpet and my doggy bowl.
Chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkswyo View Post
I finally got my 19RR last week after 8 weeks. I have been busy with mods. I put a window in the coach door. It is a slider so you can open it. Also nice because you can actually see out of it. I insulated and and sheathed the storage compartment in the front and installed a 12 volt light in there as well. Installed a Tornado black tank flush system. Iordered cabinet doors today from Forest river. I am going to install a cabinet door on the entertainment center cubby hole, one for the storage under the bed and get rid of the cargo net on the overhead cabinet and replace it with cabinet doors as well. Hoping the weather stays nice so I can get it out soon!
I dunno about anyone else, but I' interested in seeing your door window as well as your up front storage mods. Someone on here did a step by step on a window installation, wish I could remember who / when that was...Dang!

Sportster
...curious
hd87sportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #148

I would love to post some pics but I cannot figure out how to post them. Help!

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
Old 03-27-2012, 09:15 PM   #149

Been trying and trying to figure out how to post them with no luck. I must be an idiot. I give up!

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
Old 03-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #150

RKS- Hit the advanced button when you want to reply. There's a thing there that will allow you to link to a picture. The icon looks like a mountain. The pic has to be hosted on the web though (am pretty sure).

See Below.

Sportster
...hope this works
Old 03-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #151

Some pictures of the window I installed in the coach door. I really liked this window because you can open it. Also it has tinted glass and you can actually see out of it unlike alot of them. Difference is night and day.

Finally figured the picture thing out! Woohoo!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0318.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	11379   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0301.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	11380   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0309.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	11381  

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
Old 03-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #152

Wow! Look at me! Well that's the set up with the pooch and one of the bikes. Taken at Peaceful Valley RV Park, 26 mile marker, Lake of the Ozarks.
Enjoy!

Sportster
...don't know my own strength!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #153

So that's just a standard slider turned sideways? Looks like the same size as whats at the foot of the bed, yes? Did you apply the tinting yourself or take it to a shop? It looks great - niccer than the one that doesn't open too. Very cool. What did the window run ya and how much time did it take you to install?

Thanks a bunch - very cool!

Sportster
...i smell a bizzy weekend comin up
Old 03-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #154

RV Entry Doors

The picture is kind of decieving. The window is 15" x 24". Kind of spendy but well worth it. Install was easy. I measured several time before cutting the hole. Total time about 1 1/2 hours. I have never cared for the ones you can't see out of and the fact that it opens is a plus too since thekitchen window is stationary.

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
Old 03-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #155

I also added a drop extension to the countertop, a shelf in the bedroom and insulated and sheeted the storage bin along with a light for the storage bin. I am waiting on the cabinet doors to arrive for the underbed storage and the overhead cabinet above the couch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0300.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	11384   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0303.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	11385   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0298.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	11386  

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
Old 03-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #156

Wyo - yor stuff is too cool! Couple of questions - what did you sheet the cubby with. It looks like drop ceiling tiles maybe? Your drop leaf on the end of the counter - how'd you swing (pardon the pun) that too? Both of those, as well as straightening out some back cabinet walls are on my spring to-do list.
Thanks

Sportster
...so much to modify - so little time
Old 03-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #157

I sheeted the storage bin with some cheap paneling from Home Depot. I insulated the entire thing with 2" foam insulation first. My last trailer with the underbed storage got really cold from this area. On the drop leaf I used some folding shelf brackets and small tabletop I got off Ebay. I am going to install another one on the wall next to the couch for an end table. I got the Cabinet doors today from Forest River and plan to install them next week. I will post some pics when I get that done. I would do it this weekend but I'm headed camping!

RV TABLE TOP BROWN DESIGN 14 3/8"X16 3/8"X3/4" | eBay

2 Folding Shelf Brackets 8" RV, Travel Trailer, Home | eBay

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
Old 03-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #158

Nice stuff! Thanks for th links to! Which reminds me - need to call FR and talk about a cabinet door or two. Will be doing some browsing on ebay this weekend to scope some things out as well.

Have a great weekend camping - be safe out there!

Sportster
...where's my skilsaw
Old 04-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #159

My first weekend out with my new 19RR. Had a blast and everything worked great. This thing pulls like a dream. Hard to tell it is even back there with the ATV in it and full water tank. I am not running a WDH just a sway control and couldn't be happier. No more than unloaded everything and started some more mods. I put a hard start capacitor on the AC unit and the Yamaha 2400 now starts the AC just fine. I started the mods to the overhead cabinet above the couch and should have some pictures up later this week.

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
Old 04-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkswyo
Been trying and trying to figure out how to post them with no luck. I must be an idiot. I give up!
Check out Dropbox.com. You can put up to 2 gb of photos in your free folder. Put them in the "public" folder and then when installed on your pc, the drop box folder is in your "my documents". Then you just right click on each picture to copy the link or URL that you paste into the window of this website when you press the insert photo icon.

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
19rr grey wolf