Old 07-29-2011, 07:26 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
I keep forgetting that I have a little extra room I saw Tom put the 26" TV in and I was concerned about going any bigger. I have a 32" in my bed room at home and didnt really want to buy another TV dedicated to the camper. So, just for giggles, I took the 32" out to the camper today and to my surprise, It fit fine.
I think I'm going to extend the cabinet top a little bit (about 3 inches each way) and put sone self adhesive foam on the back edges (sides) wedge it into the corner and screw it right down to the cabinet top.

That way I dont have to worry about it going down the road and will come out to go back to the house with 1 screw
Nice!! LOL...when I am done with all my mods, my 19RR will be as big as the 21RR.....LOL!!

Old 07-29-2011, 07:30 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by heytomgraywolf View Post
Olga;

I am not sure if I would mount a bicycle rack to the rear bumper since it would have to fold down or be removable to use the rear ramp. I strap our bikes to the sofa when it is folded right next to the motorcycle. I have seen bicycle racks that mount to spare tires on SUV's and now that I have mounted a spare tire on my rear ramp, I am considering using that.

My concerns are most of this bicycle racks that mount to spare tires go behind the tire quite a bit since most SUV's have the tire spaced off the vehicle pretty far. The spare tire I mounted to my rear ramp is "smack dab" against the ramp door, so I would have to look at these bicycle racks in person to see if they would mount on my spare tire.

Can you send a picture of the rack you bought that you thought you could mount to the front tongue of the trailer but the propane tanks were in the way? Maybe seeing what you have will spark some ideas. Maybe you already returned that rack.

Tom
Tom, it is just like this one:
Hitch racks, Sport Rider, bike racks, trunk racks, bicycle carriers - Hollywood Racks

It sticks pretty far out and that is why it gets in the way of the propane tanks.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:20 AM   #83

Olga;

Wow, that is a wide bicycle carrier, but I guess if you have recumbent bikes you need one that big. I don't see how you could mount that on the front of the trailer tongue. Not only would the propane tanks get in the way, but I would think it might limit how tight you could turn without hitting the bike on the truck.

The only idea I have would be to get a 2" trailer hitch receiver tube and weld it to the back bumper of the 19RR. I would think you would have to brace the receiver tube back to the frame also, but then again, bicycles are not that heavy. Then you could just take the bicycles off and slide out this bike rack before opening your rear ramp. Even if you choose to mount the spare tire on the rear ramp, I think there are a lot of 2" shank extenders out there so that the bike ramp clears the spare tire.

What ever you figure out, please be sure to take pictures and post. Good Luck!

Tom

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:32 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
I keep forgetting that I have a little extra room I saw Tom put the 26" TV in and I was concerned about going any bigger. I have a 32" in my bed room at home and didnt really want to buy another TV dedicated to the camper. So, just for giggles, I took the 32" out to the camper today and to my surprise, It fit fine.
I think I'm going to extend the cabinet top a little bit (about 3 inches each way) and put sone self adhesive foam on the back edges (sides) wedge it into the corner and screw it right down to the cabinet top.

That way I dont have to worry about it going down the road and will come out to go back to the house with 1 screw
Scot - I was trying to figure out how you fit a 32" TV in that corner and you ended up with more room on either side of the TV between the doors. I couldn't figure it out compared to how full mine looked with a 26"

Then I remembered, you have the larger 21RR trailer! They must have the entry door moved slightly more forward from the right-rear corner of the trailer than the 19RR. (I was about to reply "are you sure your 32" TV is a 32" TV, but you can tell it is larger in height than a 26" )

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 08-20-2011, 11:54 PM   #85

Two more mods.....
Mounted the tire on the ramp and put in a hitch for bike carrier...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110820_235236.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	7497   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110820_235340.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	7498  
Old 08-24-2011, 09:10 PM   #86

See on the FR web site that they are coming out with a 25RR. Concept must be working.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #87

Receiver Hitch

Stargazer - Great job on the rear spare tire. Now our trailers look like twins from behind. Well, actually I would need to put a receiver hitch on to match now!

Where did you buy the receiver hitch and how much did it cost? The logo looks like DrawTite, but it seems to say "Curt". I think I would like to mount one to hold one of those aluminum carriers that you can put an icechest on or something. Not too much weight because I don't want to mess up the tongue weight.

Is it just mounted to the bumper, or did you reinforce the hitch back to the frame. If you did some reinforcing, could you post some pictures from underneath to show us how you did it?

Last, but not least, maybe due to the rear ramp hinges, but it does not appear the hitch is in the center of the bumper. Maybe just an optical illusion since the rear ramp is not centered, but I am guessing the hinges were in the way and since you wanted this for a bicycle carrier, maybe being dead center was not that important.

Great work again. You are way ahead of me on your "pimping". I was on vacation one week (without the camper) and then out of town on business the last 2 and heading back out of town on business next week. Going camping near by for Labor Day weekend. Take Care.

Tom

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 09-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #88

Hi Tom!

I used a Curt hitch that you can install from under a bumper and Curt has two sizes for such an application. I used the narrow one but still had too modify the bumper for installation. As you know, the bumper has a two inch shelf in the rear and this hitch fits exactly over that shelf but it leaves a two inch vacuum between the hitch's back plate and the bumper. Well, to fill that gap, I cut a treated 2X6 and fitted on the shelf, driilled the holes, tightened the bolts and there you have it.... I would take pics of rear but space was too narrow for camera to focus. Now, I also had to buy a hitch extender for the bike rack to clear the spare tire.

I am attaching three picks to show another mod I did this weekend..

Happy Trails!!

Olga
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110906_131759.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	7864   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110906_131935.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	7865   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110906_132054.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	7866  
Old 09-07-2011, 07:45 AM   #89

Olga - very nice, thanks for the pics. I like the diamond plate mud-flaps! Lucille and I went camping over the Labor Day weekend in Sarasota. Lucille's parents used to camp and when we got our 19RR, they went out and bought a pop-up, so we camped together at an RV Resort for the holiday. The RV Resort was nice, but it didn't seem like camping like going to the state parks. This weekend we are running up to Gainesville to see the girls. One of them bought a small 50cc scooter mail-order, had it sent to "Dad" to put together so we are putting the scooter in the 19RR and running it up to her this weekend. We will camp just Saturday night at the Paynes Prairie State Park. Need a few weekends at home to get back to my "pimping". Plenty of ideas, not enough time!

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 09-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #90

I hear ya, Tom!! My ideas are non-stop....

Tags
19rr grey wolf