Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2011, 08:10 PM   #61

WOW!!
I am blown away by what you guys & gals have thought up and accomplished. I will be stealing your ideas for sure.
I hate to admit it, but I am just touching my Wolf for the first time this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heytomgraywolf View Post
I don't have many metal working tools, but if you could punch square holes in the plate the size of the carriage bolts, that would also help keep the carriage bolts from turning.Tom
Tom,
I have the needed tools. Work up a design and send it to me. I'll set you up with that brace. Of course I'll make one for myself as well.
HDCliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #62

Okay, everyone, finished the tile project and adding access door for under bed storage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110723_184424.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	7023   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110723_184454.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	7024   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110723_184533.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	7025  
Stargazerandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:31 PM   #63
Site Team

Both projects look great but really, really love the back splash! I didn't expect it to extend behind the sink so it was a nice surprise. Maybe someday I will do the same.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #64

Great Job Stargazerandu!!! You definitely have better woodworking skills and tools than I do. I would like to do the same under my bed, but I don't think I could fabricate as nice of a door. Most would not pick up on the fact that it is not a "factory" door unless they really look at it. When I get to that part of the trailer I want to take up the entire wood decking the queen bed is on. I want to find if it is rubbing the walls or just wood against wood, but I feel the bed makes too much noise getting in and out of bed. I also want to caulk and seal the outdoor storage section since I feel this is an easy way in for insects since they can get through the water heater hatch or outside hatch.

Great job on the backsplash too. Thanks for posting and giving us more ideas!

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:01 PM   #65

This is last mod for the weekend. I bought a 6" pvc at Lowes cut to 5' and I attached next to black water tank, which is right next to dump valve (to me that was the most logical place for it. I know the trailer comes with a 4" pvc, located in the rear but when you attach the sewer hose fittings, it would not fit in that 4" tube. I secured the pipe with copper strips and heavy duty large zip ties. I used strips of outdoor carpeting to protect any metal from chafing and used it also to protect black water tank from chafing. I will let all of you know after our next outing, end of August, how it all worked out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110724_185004.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	7058   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110724_185031.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	7059  
Old 07-24-2011, 08:22 PM   #66
Site Team

This thread has turned out to my all time favorite one! So many good ideas have been shared and the workmanship been remarkable. It just doesn't matter if it was a big job or small job the end result gets you thinking about your trailer and what you might be able to come up.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:24 PM   #67

Wow!! You guys are out "pimping" me. I can't keep up! Yes, I tried using the 4" diameter one that came with the trailer and I couldn't put the hose in it either because of the quick connect fittings. That one is useless unless you have a sewer hose with no connectors on the ends. And yes, why put it in the back away from the sewer disconnect. Good job!

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 07-24-2011, 08:49 PM   #68

Great thread! I need to find some time with my camera to document my 30+ mods and share them! I'm sure that one or two of mine will help someone else out.....

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by heytomgraywolf View Post
Great Job Stargazerandu!!! You definitely have better woodworking skills and tools than I do. I would like to do the same under my bed, but I don't think I could fabricate as nice of a door. Most would not pick up on the fact that it is not a "factory" door unless they really look at it. When I get to that part of the trailer I want to take up the entire wood decking the queen bed is on. I want to find if it is rubbing the walls or just wood against wood, but I feel the bed makes too much noise getting in and out of bed. I also want to caulk and seal the outdoor storage section since I feel this is an easy way in for insects since they can get through the water heater hatch or outside hatch.

Great job on the backsplash too. Thanks for posting and giving us more ideas!
Hey Tom!!

Sounds like the bed squeaking may be wood rubbing against wood, perhaps the wood hinged to access underbed storage is warped, not laying flat. Mine does not squeak at all.

Now, when I was in the outside storage compartment and I mean that in the literal sense, my entire body less maybe two feet of legs, I saw nothing to be concerned with as far as bugs getting into the living area. Trust me, I looked carefully...I don't like sharing living quarters with any bugs..... That outside storage compartment is in the front part of the bed and I did not see any gaps around the bed frame. You or Lucille can probably fit in there, less some leg realestate. Take a flashlight, though.

Olga.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:51 PM   #70

I always like coming back to this thread. Lots of great ideas and information. I've done a couple of the mods and plan on doing more as time permits.
Chipd872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:44 PM   #71
Phat Phrog Phlunky

I keep forgetting to post this one.
I read about this on a couple forums, including this one. The waste hose was reccomended by a number of people and the one that came with the camper was flimsy and unacceptable. The Rino hose didnt fit in the storage compartment that came with the trailer so, I had make my own storage.

I've always been a little queezy around the waste tank and the best way to maintain and deal with it. This set up seems to be the best way to deal with all of that
Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:03 PM   #72

I like that!! I too don't like messing with anything that deals with sewage and I am very queazy about it....thank goodness my spouse has an iron stomach or else we both be in trouble!!
Old 07-25-2011, 08:37 PM   #73

Scot;
Is that a vinyl fence post cover for a 4x4 or a 6x6? I like the way you can use rain gutter as a slide out drawer. Did you glue the cap on the other side, or are both sides removable?
What is the wire/rope made out of that holds the removable cap on? Is it some type of elastic cord? I think I am going to try this, but I am going to mount mine up by the waste gates like where Olga and her husband mounted theirs. These are both much better than the short 4" tube that comes on the trailer. Thanks for sharing!

Tom

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 07-25-2011, 08:56 PM   #74
Phat Phrog Phlunky

Tom,

I guess I should explain it. It's a 5x5 vinyl fence post cover, 2 caps for the post cover and a vinyl gutter.

The post was a 8 foot length and the gutter was only sold as a 10 foot piece. I think the entire package was $30.00 at Home Depot.

I cut the fence post to 6 foot and screwed the cap on one end. I cut the gutter to 70 inches and cut some 2x2 to the appropriate length to make a handle on each side of the gutter. The removeable cap is just a small bungee with some mild tension to keep it in place while on the road. The other end is just screwed in place on 4 sides.
I drilled holes every 12 inches in the gutter and the bottom of the post cover to allow any left over drain out.

The hardest part was drilling the frame to get the screws through. The whole thing start to finish took about 1 hour 15 mins. with 45 mins being consumed by drilling the frame.

I would have put it up front closer to the actual drain but it's not out of the question that I may put a fuel tank up there to carry fuel for the golf cart and the generator.......
igkra.com
Old 07-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #75

Rear bumper hitch...

I need some guidance. I purchased a bikcycle carrier, to be attached to a hitch, but after purchasing a dual hitch, I find that the propane tanks are in the way and I don't feel comfortable buying an extension.

Here is my solution... I found a hitch that I can attach to the rear bumper. I can attach it securely using carriage bolts and a welding compound as extra measure. The bikes are fairly lightweight....

Your thoughts?
Old 07-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #76

This thread is awesome! I've got some plans for mine to turn it into the perfect little track side home so I'll make sure I post up what I can here that hasn't already been done. Thanks everyone for sharing, there's some great inspiration here.
SlowerThanU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #77

Scott, when you pull up to a dump station is there enough room to slide the drawer out and access the hose?
days camped in 2011: 37 (up to Aug 1st)
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #78
Phat Phrog Phlunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Susan View Post
Scott, when you pull up to a dump station is there enough room to slide the drawer out and access the hose?
Hey Susan,
I've not had any issues to date. You can still slide the hose out of the gutter if the area is too tight to slide the gutter out very far.
The post cover is mounted at the same depth (inside the body) as the one that came with the trailer from factory.
igkra.com
Old 07-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #79

Olga;

I am not sure if I would mount a bicycle rack to the rear bumper since it would have to fold down or be removable to use the rear ramp. I strap our bikes to the sofa when it is folded right next to the motorcycle. I have seen bicycle racks that mount to spare tires on SUV's and now that I have mounted a spare tire on my rear ramp, I am considering using that.

My concerns are most of this bicycle racks that mount to spare tires go behind the tire quite a bit since most SUV's have the tire spaced off the vehicle pretty far. The spare tire I mounted to my rear ramp is "smack dab" against the ramp door, so I would have to look at these bicycle racks in person to see if they would mount on my spare tire.

Can you send a picture of the rack you bought that you thought you could mount to the front tongue of the trailer but the propane tanks were in the way? Maybe seeing what you have will spark some ideas. Maybe you already returned that rack.

Tom

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 07-29-2011, 03:15 PM   #80
Phat Phrog Phlunky

I keep forgetting that I have a little extra room I saw Tom put the 26" TV in and I was concerned about going any bigger. I have a 32" in my bed room at home and didnt really want to buy another TV dedicated to the camper. So, just for giggles, I took the 32" out to the camper today and to my surprise, It fit fine.
I think I'm going to extend the cabinet top a little bit (about 3 inches each way) and put sone self adhesive foam on the back edges (sides) wedge it into the corner and screw it right down to the cabinet top.

That way I dont have to worry about it going down the road and will come out to go back to the house with 1 screw
igkra.com

Tags
19rr grey wolf