Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #181
Phat Phrog Phlunky

FROG - Forest River Owners Group

We'd really like to commit to this but just cant at this point. If schedule allows, we will be there
Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #182

Off this morning to go down and drill some holes in the rear ramp and hopefully hang a spare tire.
We'll be doing a bed project here soon as well, extending the length of the bed frame by 8" so the "regular" sized queen mattress fits on it better. As part of that project, will be adding the under bed storage too.

If I get to it today, I might tackle that sewer hose project - just depends on how much beer is in the fridge.
Happy camping today everyone. Will try and remember to take the dang camera with me.

Sportster
...hammerin an wrenchin
hd87sportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:00 PM   #183

Finished some more mods yesterday. I added the cabinet door to make the storage are under the bed accessable without lifting the bed. Turned out nice. I don't know why they don't do it this way from the factory.

I added a fold down end table on the side of the couch. This should be pretty handy.

I made some mud flaps out of diamond plate aluminum. Jury is out how much they will help.

My next project is to make a spare tire carrier under the trailer. I have a plan we'll see how it works. Also going to add one more cabinet door below the wardrobe for the bedroom. I see a ton of wasted space there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Underbed storage.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	12492   Click image for larger version

Name:	Endtable.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	12493   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mudflaps.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	12494  

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
rkswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #184
Living on Camping Time

That is some very fine work rskwyo. I plan to duplicate the under-bed storage and folding shelf. Believe it or not my 2013 model has the storage at the bottom of the bedroom wardrobe. There is also a small storage area under the frig. I hope to get photos on the site tomorrow. Today is a day devoted to the grand babies. Still considering the spare tire storage options. I too am thinking about some type of under unit storage. If not that perhaps a tongue mount of some kind.

2013 Grey Wolf 19RR
2003 Silverado 2500HD
2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
rodcop9405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodcop9405 View Post
That is some very fine work rskwyo. I plan to duplicate the under-bed storage and folding shelf. Believe it or not my 2013 model has the storage at the bottom of the bedroom wardrobe. There is also a small storage area under the frig. I hope to get photos on the site tomorrow. Today is a day devoted to the grand babies. Still considering the spare tire storage options. I too am thinking about some type of under unit storage. If not that perhaps a tongue mount of some kind.
Thanks! I saw some pictures of a 2013 model that had the door under the wardrobe. I looked at mine and it will be easy to move a heat duct in that location to accomodate it. Mine has a very small storage area below the fridge.

Nights camped 2012 - 35
Nights camped 2013 - 46
rkswyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #186

Did the spare tire to the back door mod this weekend as well as insulated and sheeted the cubby. Here's how everything turned out.

Went to a place here called Metal by the Foot, scrounged around in their scrap bin for some flat aluminum stock 1/8" thick for all of $2.20 and made the plates for the front and back.

Here's the outside of the back. If you do this mod I will tell you the door is frightfully easy to drill through. Expanded styrene is about all thats in there...wow. Almost scary easy so don't be freaked out by how fast your bit goes through the door...REALLY!

Here's the finished product.

Also insulated the cubby with some 5/8" styrofoam and then applied sheeting to the interior. The sheeting can be had at Lowe's or Home Depot back in the Kitchen Dept. Its the stuff they put on the end of the cabinets and a 6 ft x 32" sheet runs $20.

I thought I had pics of my little fender well platform - guess that'll be a next weekend thing when we head out for our second trip of the year.

WARNING: I like my Harleys. But this trailer...this 19rr...I'm tellin ya - I'm reeally geekin out over this thing...I mean almost scarily so! Sonofabitch...I'm kinda scarin myself!

Sportster
...have at it boys n girlz...its a free for all!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:10 PM   #187

After completing the sheeting, I took that "wall" between the H20 heater and the rest of the cubby and went to work. The end result is a solidly fortified barrier between the lawn chairs and "stuff" and the H20 heater. A spare 2x2 and some L brackets, and Forest River's "wall", re-purposed as a real barrier...somehow I feel a little more comfortable now.

Here ya go - next week, will be extending the bed platofrm and cutting a hole for an under bed storage area. Gawd - I feel like I'm on Tool Time!
Beer time everyone!

Sportster
...where's the pbr?
Old 04-23-2012, 06:22 AM   #188
Phat Phrog Phlunky

Well done HD Love the Leinies sticker
igkra.com
Old 04-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #189
Living on Camping Time

I have accomplished the first of the many modifications and upgrades on my 19rr. I started with correcting the angled contraption in the cabinet over the sink and then replaced the flimsy bracing on the drawers. Iam very happy with my camper but it is amazing how they do everything so cheaply during the build. I added a photo of the overhead cabinet that is over the bed in our 19rr. This is something new for the 2013 model year. It seems like it will workout for us, but I need to find some cabinet hardware that will hold the doors up/open.

Next project is the under bed storage access. Time to call the factory.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCI0024.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	12672   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0030.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	12673  

2013 Grey Wolf 19RR
2003 Silverado 2500HD
2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
rodcop9405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #190
Current River Rat

I did the diamond plate mud flaps for a little extra protection to the dump assy. I don't drive many gravel roads so hopefully it will make a little difference. I ordered overhead door struts from CW, just haven't installed them yet.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo(3).jpg
Views:	174
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	12674   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(2).jpg
Views:	186
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	12675  
Old 04-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #191

Here's a few more for ya. We did the counter top over the stove and love it. Went to HD and bought a 5/8" laminated 48x 24 pine board. Bought some Rustoleum "Stone" finish and gave it a couple of coats. We'll seal it w/ poly too but here's the end product. Some non-slip shelf liner under it to keep it from skidding and a couple of 1" dowels in back, under neath it to keep it from flipping up and you're golden. The cutting board we had in the basement and fits perfectly over the sink.

Here's another we did to the sofa. Didn't like how thick the bolster was on the sofa so we took it out of the cover and went to work w/ an electric knife, cutting the angle off the bottom. The end result after putting it all back together is a much more comfortable sofa you can actually sit back on.

Here's how the back looks with the screen up. Took a shower curtain rod ($1.00 at Walmart on clearance) and some screen material. Sewed a loop in the top for the curtain rod and put some velcro on the sides of the door and viola!

Will throw up a few more here in a little bit.

Sportster
...campin and workin
Old 04-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #192

Messed with the water thingy too. Didn't like the way the H20 connection worked so I got a 2 outlet spigot and put a quick disconnect on it. Here's the end result.

Also did the whole back deck thing out of the ramp. Had a couple of jack stands in the garage so I put em to work as supports. Used an old piece of door trim and put some padding around it and put it across the two jack stands and heere's an instant patio for your trailer!

Annnnd here I am enjoying the fruits of our labor - out camping this weekend!

More to come but its rainin today. Gotta break camp and get outa here!

Sportster
...rain rain go away!
Old 04-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #193

Here's another look at our countertop over the stove...just cuz I'm kinda proud of it!

One thing we are going to do to eliminate the power strip there behind the sink, (water/electricity...yeah. not good.) is to try and add a gfi outlet either up under the oven or along that back wall by the stove. Gotta find somewhere to pull power from though.

Before we do that though, we'll be lengthening the bed and adding a cabinet door for under bed storage.

Til then - I promise - no more for now!

Sportster
...bed length modification is coming!
Old 04-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #194
Drinkin beer on the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd87sportster View Post
Messed with the water thingy too. Didn't like the way the H20 connection worked so I got a 2 outlet spigot and put a quick disconnect on it. Here's the end result.
Pure genius.

I'm totally getting one, too.
Rod Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #195

I would totally agree that FR should provide something better for the spare tire. I asked my dealer about mounting it to the door the same way you did and was told not to because the tire would eventually work lose after tearing up the door. I decided not to do it and currently store it under the bed hoping for a better idea to come along and also hoping not to ever need it (the spare). When you say it was very easy to drill through the door, it makes me think even more about not doing it. I'd just keep a real close eye on that tire. It would be pretty bad to have that thing break loose while travelling down the highway (the weight of the tire vs. how soft the door is). You might not ever see it happen but the guy behind you will. I'd be interested in hearing how it holds up after a year or two though.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:37 AM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd87sportster View Post
Here's another look at our countertop over the stove...just cuz I'm kinda proud of it!

One thing we are going to do to eliminate the power strip there behind the sink, (water/electricity...yeah. not good.) is to try and add a gfi outlet either up under the oven or along that back wall by the stove. Gotta find somewhere to pull power from though.

Before we do that though, we'll be lengthening the bed and adding a cabinet door for under bed storage.

Til then - I promise - no more for now!

Sportster
...bed length modification is coming!
The outlets should all be GFCI protected already. I think.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #197

Correct
brookside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #198
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Hey Sportster....love the ramp stands! we want to do the same thin. I am going to take some of those swim noodles and cut them long wise and pit of the edge of the ramp... that way we will be LESS apt to run into the corners of the ramp door!

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #199
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
I keep forgetting to post this one.
I read about this on a couple forums, including this one. The waste hose was reccomended by a number of people and the one that came with the camper was flimsy and unacceptable. The Rino hose didnt fit in the storage compartment that came with the trailer so, I had make my own storage.

I've always been a little queezy around the waste tank and the best way to maintain and deal with it. This set up seems to be the best way to deal with all of that
Hey Scot.... how did you attach the fence post to the under side of your trailer? And where did you out it? we want to do the same thing... our Rhinoflex will not fit into the sewer hose storage with the fitting on... someone sad to take off the fittings...but I like your idea MUCH better!

Also... how do you keep the cap on? just with that little bungee? No problems with your hose escaping? ( I have lost a sewer hose on the road when the cap came loose :O )

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:41 AM   #200
Phat Phrog Phlunky

CQ, I drilled and screwed the fence post to the frame. And yes, the little bungee holds the cap on. The cap is snug to begin with, so the bungee just gives a little extra insurance.
igkra.com

Tags
19rr grey wolf