Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2014, 10:27 PM   #561
TeresaInCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMchef View Post
Brought my 19rr home today. Thanks for all the great info in this thread!

Chef
SWEET RIG!! Congrats!
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:35 PM   #562
TeresaInCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKelly056 View Post
More of your ideas I used
Battery Shut Off Switch
I know this is an old thread, so I hope RKelly is still here...
My question is what did you put in the bigger battery box? I like the bigger platform...
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:57 PM   #563

Same here. I can have full tanks, wing loaded in and a bed full of firewood and still forget I'm pulling it.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:48 AM   #564
rudy17

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
Tom,

I didnt realize the picture doesnt show the base The 2X2 is screwed from the botton up through a 9" piece of 1X4 that is screwed to the carpeted wheel well. My wife is a bit of a pack rat and I have to anticipate that there may be some weight in those drawers. I thought it might be best to try to control a little bit of the potential for side to side movement over time.

Scot
Our family just brought home our 2011 19RR a week ago and will be using it mostly for motocross races but hope to get in some regular camping as well. This is our first RV/Toyhauler of any kind. We only had an enclosed trailer up til now.

I love this forum and have been passing all of the ideas on to my husband. What a great way to share specific ideas and mods that you already know will work because someone else has done them successfully!! I can't wait to try them all and maybe a few others.

One of the first things I noticed was how short the drawers are under the sink. Have either of you attempted to lengthen the drawers so that you can store longer spoons or foil, etc in them? It seems like there is plenty of room and after re-enforcing the back U-section as you've shared here, it seems like longer drawers could be supported...what do you think?

Thanks,
Kathy
rudy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:55 AM   #565
Phat Phrog Phlunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy17 View Post
Our family just brought home our 2011 19RR a week ago and will be using it mostly for motocross races but hope to get in some regular camping as well. This is our first RV/Toyhauler of any kind. We only had an enclosed trailer up til now.

I love this forum and have been passing all of the ideas on to my husband. What a great way to share specific ideas and mods that you already know will work because someone else has done them successfully!! I can't wait to try them all and maybe a few others.

One of the first things I noticed was how short the drawers are under the sink. Have either of you attempted to lengthen the drawers so that you can store longer spoons or foil, etc in them? It seems like there is plenty of room and after re-enforcing the back U-section as you've shared here, it seems like longer drawers could be supported...what do you think?

Thanks,
Kathy
Kathy, the problem is there is duct work for your furnace behind the drawers.
Days camped in 2013 = 30 final.
Days camped in 2014 = 27 final.
igkra.com
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:20 PM   #566
rudy17

Thanks for your response. I actually noticed that the reason there is extra space behind our drawers is because we don't have an oven in ours. So, the furnace was actually ducted to the kick panel just below where the oven would be. My husband and I just finished extending the drawers and frame that supports them today. I added a pic of what it was before, to show what I mean.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1394338230.512115.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	47392

There was also a lot of wasted space where the furnace was routed, behind that kick panel, so we moved the duct over and added another cabinet door, so we now have a little more precious storage space.

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1394338325.122469.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	47393

Oh, and he moved the light switches from inside that white board cabinet right inside the door to under the cabinet so that it's easier to flip them on (so you don't have to open the cabinet every time).

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1394338083.183175.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	47391

We also added a couple of cabinets below the bed and one for the cubbyhole below the stereo, as most of you have done. He also made me a wooden stove cover, to give me some added counter space. Oh, and added more wheel chock mounts in the floor for the dirt bikes and a couple of clothing bars for all the motocross gear.

I'm working on a screen for the garage door this weekend. We're also adding a TP and paper towel holder and some more shelving in the bathroom. We're gonna add the septic hose gutter holder and bicycle mount ideas when it gets a little warmer too. We've also bought a 24" TV, since ours didn't come with one and ordered the mount for it today.

We're getting lots of great ideas from all of your posts and hope to contribute a few new ideas. I'll post pics of our mods soon. I forgot to take them today. Hopefully we'll actually get to use ours soon :-)

- Kathy
Old 03-10-2014, 10:12 AM   #567

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy17 View Post
Thanks for your response. I actually noticed that the reason there is extra space behind our drawers is because we don't have an oven in ours. So, the furnace was actually ducted to the kick panel just below where the oven would be. My husband and I just finished extending the drawers and frame that supports them today. I added a pic of what it was before, to show what I mean.
Attachment 47392

There was also a lot of wasted space where the furnace was routed, behind that kick panel, so we moved the duct over and added another cabinet door, so we now have a little more precious storage space.
Attachment 47393

Oh, and he moved the light switches from inside that white board cabinet right inside the door to under the cabinet so that it's easier to flip them on (so you don't have to open the cabinet every time).
Attachment 47391

We also added a couple of cabinets below the bed and one for the cubbyhole below the stereo, as most of you have done. He also made me a wooden stove cover, to give me some added counter space. Oh, and added more wheel chock mounts in the floor for the dirt bikes and a couple of clothing bars for all the motocross gear.

I'm working on a screen for the garage door this weekend. We're also adding a TP and paper towel holder and some more shelving in the bathroom. We're gonna add the septic hose gutter holder and bicycle mount ideas when it gets a little warmer too. We've also bought a 24" TV, since ours didn't come with one and ordered the mount for it today.

We're getting lots of great ideas from all of your posts and hope to contribute a few new ideas. I'll post pics of our mods soon. I forgot to take them today. Hopefully we'll actually get to use ours soon :-)

- Kathy
Looks great Kathy! Do you happen to have a picture of the new finished furnace intake? I noticed the space back there in ours too but was trying to wrap my head around how to relocate that louvered panel.
whitca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:27 AM   #568

Exhaust Hood Power

Just a quick FYI if this happens to your camper. Last time we were out, I noticed my light in the hood over my stove was out. I first thought it was a bulb burned out but then I realized the fan did not run either. Checking my 12V fuses (yes this too runs on 12V), they were all fine.

Our hood was a "dealer installed" option, so they might not all be wired the same, but calling the dealer, they told me they typically use the 12V line for the small light over the sink. I took that light down and sure enough they had crimp slices near the light where they attached wiring going back to the stove hood. I simply took my pliers and squeezed down on the crimps to reestablish connectivity. I will see if that keeps these insulation displacement crimps making contact.

I would have never thought to look under the light over the sink for the power connection to the exhaust hood.

Tom

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l
2006 Road Star Warrior
heytomgraywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:33 AM   #569
rudy17

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitca View Post
Looks great Kathy! Do you happen to have a picture of the new finished furnace intake? I noticed the space back there in ours too but was trying to wrap my head around how to relocate that louvered panel.
Sorry, it took me awhile to respond. With 3 teenagers, there's never a dull or idle moment. We were able to FINALLY use the toyhauler for the first time last weekend at a Motocross race.

Here is a pic of the heater duct moved over and a new cabinet door. We also moved the divider over to protect the duct, and as you can see it opens up a lot of extra storage space. I also talked him into making me a stove topper, for lots of extra counter space.

I also worked a little more on the garage door screen between races. On the one warm day we had, it worked perfect to get a full view of the track and keep our little dog contained inside. It's attached all the way around w/adhesive velcro, which I stuck just around the inside frame of the garage door. I'm also working on being able to attach the bottom section, which is a piece of an old trampoline mat, to make it a little more durable. I'm worried the dogs claws could go right through the screen. We kept a toolbox in front of it until I get that part done, to keep her inside. Ideally, that bottom section will be removable for weekends she doesn't go with us, but the trampoline mat doesn't restrict the airflow or visual in any way, so maybe not. I purposely left the bottom a little long and am working on sewing a long draft catcher of sorts out of old motocross socks, that will weigh it down, since I couldn't run velcro on the floor.

I've added a pic of the drawers extended as well. As you can see, there's lots more room for longer grilling utensils and other stuff. I wanted a way to get all of the utensils and cutlery in that one drawer, so I found that storing the cutlery upright worked out well. So, to keep it on the cheap, I used clear square juice containers and cut the top off then used more adhesive velcro to attach them to the bottom and sides of the drawer. This way the cutlery is very accessible up front and I don't have to move a bunch of stuff to get to the rest of the utensils. I used another one in the bathroom cabinet for toothbrushes.

Oh, and we added a cabinet under the stereo and a TV with a tilt arm, as many of you have done. Next will be added shelfs in the tall cabinets as well as in the bathroom, between the medicine cabinet and the wall. Also, I found an 18" x 60" white folding table on Amazon, so I believe we will replace the table with that to reduce the weight and provide a little more length and less width. I'd also like Jason to build a flip up ledge on the wall behind the couch so that the dog can sit up there and look out the window and we can set drinks, phones, etc there, so that they are out of the way. I'll post back if we get any of that stuff done. We have another race next weekend, so we may try and get some of that done this week...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HeatDuctMoved.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	48751   Click image for larger version

Name:	DividerMoved.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	48752   Click image for larger version

Name:	StovetopNewCabinet.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	48753   Click image for larger version

Name:	ExtendedDrawer.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	48756   Click image for larger version

Name:	DrawerOrganizers.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	48757  

Name:	GarageDoorScreen2.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	48758   Click image for larger version

Name:	StereoCabinet2.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	48759  
Old 03-30-2014, 10:45 AM   #570
rudy17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
My vote would be no. You might want to look at the 22RR for starters. However, what I would recommend doing is get some measurements of the floor plan, chalk them out in the garage on the floor and then park your bikes on it. See if it works. You will also figure out how you're going to tie them down. There are two hooks in the front and two in the back. My bike takes up the whole space but it's a touring bike. Street bikes is very vague description to answer definitely. Can you load one bike in the back of the truck? That's another possibility.
We were able to load 2- 250 dirt bikes, as well as a Honda 50 pit bike. We did have to add a couple of wheel chocks in the floor. I didn't get a pic when we had it fully loaded last weekend, but can take more this coming weekend, if it would help. We pull it w/an '03 Yukon Denali and my husband says that even though it's bigger than the enclosed trailer we had before we bought our 19rr, it pulls much nicer.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:50 PM   #571

Our 2013 19RR has two straps to hold up the couch.
kgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:54 PM   #572

More Light over Stove

When we bought our 19RR we had the dealer install an exhaust hood over the stove (under the microwave). So this next "PIMP" can only be done if you have an exhaust hood.

If you have one, you have probably noticed the light in the hood is so dim, you can barely tell if you even turned it on (what a waste). Also the bulb that is in there get's so hot that it can discolor the cover over the light.

I researched some LED replacement bulbs and it took two tries (the first one I bought did not fit in there correctly but I was able to put that LED bulb in the lamp over the kitchen sink!)

Here is the second bulb I bought, and I thought for an LED light, just over $6 with free shipping was a small investment.

RV Auto 310 Lum LED Light Multi 6 Base 1141 1156 1003 921 G4 12 VDC 5050116 | eBay

This light come with about 6 different connectors so you can use it with just about any 12V light mount, but all you need is the white plastic "wedge" base for the hood. The 6x4 LED array comes with 2 sided foam tape on the back, so all you have to do is remove the light cover, pull out the old bulb, peel off the backer for the foam tape and stick it up on the metal inside the light compartment, plug in the wedge adapter and put the light cover back on. Takes less than a minute.

Now it has a nice bright "white" light that you can definitely tell the light is on and help see what you are cooking or offer more lighting options in the evening.

Tom

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 04-13-2014, 08:35 AM   #573

THANK YOU!!!
I have been wanting a BRIGHTER light over the stove since we purchased our 21RR! I just ordered this light!
dstrauss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:57 PM   #574

Alright ya bunch a pimpin campin animals. I'm BACK and I'm in a Pimpin mood! Rudy, that furnace vent mod is gonna be this weekend's project I think. We've already got it parked at the Lake for the season so it'll be a busy weekend. Put some drawers under the couch, stationary mounted two floor lamps on either end of the couch, put the leftover soap dispenser from our new home kitchen faucet in the bathroom and later this month we'll be installing a new, 26" flatscreen. Still paranoid about drivin with somethin that large hangin in back though. HeyTomGreyWolf, is that workin out for you with no hitches? Curious.

Beer up boys n girls - Sportyboy is back and we're makin mods this spring. Yessir. we are.

Sportster
...where's my saw
hd87sportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:22 PM   #575

Hey Sportster;

Good to hear from you. No, I have not had any problems with my 26" Flat Panel TV using that arm and the brass L-Brackets that hold it in place. I don't think you will have any problems if you put the L-brackets underneath and bend them up to keep the TV from moving.

Tom

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 04-14-2014, 08:31 PM   #576

Hi!
I would really like to see some pictures with bikes, finally getting my 19rr this week. Need to tie down 2 dirt bikes.
Bprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:45 PM   #577

HeyTomGrayWolf

2012 Grey Wolf 19RR
2006 Road Star Warrior
Old 04-15-2014, 02:55 PM   #578

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1397591665.931831.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	49901

Brand new. Just backed it into the driveway. My father bought one after seeing how fun we have with ours.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:47 AM   #579

Will be throwin up some shots of some new mods to our 19rr. We bought a new kitchen soap dispenser for the house and used the leftover soap dispenser for the bathroom in the trailer.
Here's some under the couch drawers Got these at Target and screwed em in. The whole drawer frame comes apart so it only adds about an inch to the thickness when the bike is loaded. Good for lightweight things, clothes, shoes, etc.
Here's a corner shelving unit we picked up somewhere, Walmart, Target - I dunno. Built a platform on the fender well for it to stand on and screwed it in to the cabinet wall. Doesn't interfere with bike loading at all. Holds a bunch of stuff too. (as you can see)

More to come. Tinting some windows today and hanging the Keurig cup thingy today.

Sportster
...werkin for coffee
Old 04-19-2014, 08:52 AM   #580

OK Experts - what am I doin wrong with these pics?

Tags
19rr grey wolf