Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2013, 12:09 AM   #41

Time for some more updates as we picked up the 25rr from the dealer today as it was in for warranty work. The good news is we have the trailer; the bad news is the dealer only did some of the work and I got a fist full of excuses. Have to make another appt and take it back in the fall

Anyway with it back in our hands it was time to get back to work on the mods.

First thing I did was remove two of the tie downs as they would be covered by the cabinets we built. One of the tie downs wasn't even anchored properly as the block of wood it was "secured" to was only a half a block and the screw barely caught it

Night_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:14 AM   #42

Earlier pics showed the new bed frame, but we neglected to stain the top; that was rectified today with stain and a coat of varnish

Since taking delivery of the trailer we wondered why the one heat duct was directed into the side of the one sofa That too was fixed by adding a box and moving the duct to the front between the cabinet and the sofa. This meant moving the carbon monoxide detector up a cpl of inches

Haven't seen anyone else tackle that mod yet
Old 05-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #43

Well the cabinets have been installed, but they are not finished. Lids need to be made for the two benches & doors and shelves will be added to 2 of the tall cabinets. The cabinet closest to the door will become a wardrobe for hanging jackets and such

From the rear ramp door facing the front

From the front facing the ramp door

BBQ storage

Storage for our 3 burner stove (you might notice the tall cabinet has been notched so access to the plug mounted there can still be utilized using a 6 outlet tap with the outlets facing sideways)

We cut the stock mattress in half and trimmed it's length; The_Filly will be making covers and the old mattress will be repurposed as cushions for the 2 benches. Since we only have one sofa we decided to use the stock sofa cushions for our bed (gel pad on top) and the old mattress will also be used for a new sofa cushion.

Will be back at it tomorrow & hope to have some more pictures
Old 05-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #44

More mods/updates today

Picked up a Max Air vent cover for our toy hauler from the dealer where we purchased our 25rr from. You would think they could have informed us that a different model is needed for units with a Fantastic Fan. What should have been a quick job turned into much more as I had to disassemble the fan to install the vent cover

Next up was to replace the thermostat. Picked this one up online even though only the heat function works for us

Picked up this Coleman motion activated light that illuminates the switches that control the awning & lighting inside. When the door is opened the light turns on for a few seconds

Old 05-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #45

Next up were bathroom additions

Toilet Paper holder

Towel holder

Shampoo/Body wash dispenser with shelf

Oxygenics shower head; we tried this in one of the house bathrooms & I was very impressed

Old 05-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #46

What dealer sells a unit without corner stabilizer jacks? Mine did ; no matter I purchased a set of 4 heavy duty units and today was the day to perform the install.

Rear stabilizer jacks installed

Front stabilizer jacks

Still plenty of mods to make and more pics will be posted as they progress
Old 05-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #47

I love following this thread. Thanks for the heads-up on the tie downs. I had wondered, and figured, these were done in the slick-ass manner in which they build most stuff on these. I'm going to check out mine.

What does the Max Air vent cover do for you? Is that just for protection?

I like the vent mod, too. My 19WP is the same way, it blows right on the couch. The other side blows in a weird spot at the foot of the front bed. We don't use the furnace much, so haven't really even considered changing it.

Keep up the good work!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:40 PM   #48

Just saw your latest post on the stabilizer jacks. When I went to pick up my camper from the dealer, the sales rep saw they were missing, and promptly had the service dept put them on. Surprised your dealer let it go like that.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #49

Would like to see, hear more on your duct mod, what parts did you need etc.
2013 campouts:1
recon33alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockman View Post
I love following this thread. Thanks for the heads-up on the tie downs. I had wondered, and figured, these were done in the slick-ass manner in which they build most stuff on these. I'm going to check out mine.

What does the Max Air vent cover do for you? Is that just for protection?

I like the vent mod, too. My 19WP is the same way, it blows right on the couch. The other side blows in a weird spot at the foot of the front bed. We don't use the furnace much, so haven't really even considered changing it.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks

The Max Air Vent allows us to leave the bathroom vent open when parked and keeps the rain outside
Old 05-12-2013, 09:42 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by recon33alpha View Post
Would like to see, hear more on your duct mod, what parts did you need etc.
No new parts needed to move the duct work except some wood. There is more than enough of the flexible vent to pull through the hole to reach the front. You do have to be careful on the height as if it's too high it prevents the sofa arm from standing up. I used the wooden strip from the front of the sofa (not needed as a table support) & cut it into pieces to support the pieces. In our unit the CO2 detector had to be moved up. Not a big issue for me as I had the proper connectors for 12 volt wiring. I clipped the wires, moved the unit up and rejoined everything.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #52

Ok, thanks, one last question, how did you access the original duct work? I'm assuming thru the cabinet under the sink? What size hole for the end piece (2 questions I guess, lol)
2013 campouts:1
recon33alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by recon33alpha View Post
Ok, thanks, one last question, how did you access the original duct work? I'm assuming thru the cabinet under the sink? What size hole for the end piece (2 questions I guess, lol)
Yes the duct work is accessed under the sink (you might want to move the divider board to make access easier as well as remove the drawers) The hole is a 4" hole I think as I didn't measure it ( I used the original vent cover as a template to draw the circle)
Old 05-14-2013, 04:28 AM   #54

Great mods and insights - thanks.

2013 25RR Toy Hauler
dennishamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:39 PM   #55

Tie Downs Moved

Well as you already know we removed two of the tie downs to facilitate installing the cabinets we built. Tonight it was time to re-install them.

Cut the material to access the bottom and moved the insulation out of the way making sure I wasn't going to cut anything. Used a hole saw and a jig saw to fit the tie down; added a piece of 2x4 along side the floor joist as a brace. Filled the opening with silicone and screwed them in place

Next we added two tie downs across from the bathroom door near the front of the trailer. This will make it easier to securely tie down two motorcycles if the need arises.

Some notes: you have to drop the coroplast (corrogated plastic) (I only unscrewed 2 sides) to access the same material that is under the rest of the trailer. Cut that open next to a stud, cut your holes & install your anchors. I found a pair of anchors the same as FR installs from Princess Auto (Similar to Harbor Freight). The good news is the two holding tanks are under this coroplast & there is enough space to access the floor without having to drop any tanks

Hope this helps someone
Old 05-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #56

So whats up with the thermostat only working on heat? Id like to add a digital to mine as well.
blevinsbulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:39 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevinsbulldog View Post
So whats up with the thermostat only working on heat? Id like to add a digital to mine as well.
The 25RR doesn't have duct-ed heat; so no hook up for the thermostat. Digital thermostat is still way nicer than the piece of garbage that FR installs
Old 05-20-2013, 12:52 AM   #58

More updates

Had time today for some more work on improving our 25RR

Since I had an LED light strip we decided to add lighting to the cabinet over the window. While I was in there & had the inside panels that protect the wiring removed; I decided to add some bracing for the 3 light switches & the power awning control. FR simply screwed through the thin paneling without anything to support them. I realize you are not hanging weight on them, but add a brace so the screws actually hold onto something. When I re-installed the protective panel I moved it 6"s further back, giving us more storage space.

Lights will need a switch, so I cut a small rectangle in the panl beside the door to mount a lighted switch. If the light on the switch is lit, the cabinet lights are on

Switch installed & turned on

Inside lit cabinet

Wire loom just visible inside the lighted cabinet. We'll have to be a wee bit careful that the wires don't get knocked off; might add a cover to protect the rear of the switch

Old 05-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #59

Added tops to the 2 benches today

Long bench (this will get a thin cushion)

Short bench (cushion is thicker on this bench than on the long bench)

Test fitting the cushion

Fire extinguished mounted on left side of the door

Old 05-20-2013, 01:06 AM   #60

Next up was to brace the drawers; I knew from what others posted that it would eventually fail, but I didn't expect such a crappy job from FR on the build. The same 1/8th veneer was used for the support & as I found out the screw holding it was only 1/4" long

Since I was in there I cleaned up the wires that were draped across the heating duct without any protection . I used split loom covering which should prevent the wires rubbing on the ducting and also prevent their heating up

Tags
25rr modifications