Old 02-19-2013, 01:32 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlacierGus View Post
Night Wolf- thanks for the comparison video. That was informative. The LW3000 will have to be considered with the Honda and Yamaha.
Price was great @ $800.00 plus taxes; it's rated at 59db & while it's much quieter than the Hyundai it was compared to, I'm going to make a cover for it that will hopefully lower the db some more. Got the idea from the Champion website as they sell a cover. Have to source some fire retardant material but once completed, I'll perform another test with & without the cover. @1/3rd the cost of the Honda, it's a bargain but I think the Honda & the Yamaha are a bit quieter

Old 04-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #32

Time for some updates; Been awhile since we have had time & temps conducive to working on our 25RR but camping season is almost here. As you have read we ripped out the sofa on the passenger side wall and have planned on building cabinets for storage. Work has finally started, so here are some pics.

We started by building 2 storage benches, one of which sits where the sofa originally sat. It's 19.5"s deep X 20"s high X 37"s long. A lid will be added as will a cushion made from the original mattress. The_Filly will make removable cushion covers so they can be washed as needed

It's the perfect size to hold our BBQ & spare tank of propane

Old 04-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #33

The second bench is longer and will sit under the window. It's also 19.5"s deep X 18 7/8"s tall by 60"s long. It too will receive a hinged top with a cushion fashioned from the original mattress. The benched will be attached to studs in the wall using the strips attached to the back side. The benches & upright cabinets will also be screwed to each other for extra strength

Beneath this bench we'll store our newly purchased 3 burner stove (hated trying to cook on the small 2 burner Coleman stove)

Old 04-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #34

Next up is a tall storage unit that will sit at the rear of the trailer. Our folding chairs & a roll up aluminum table will sit in the lower part & a shelf will be added to hold our portable ice maker

Here is a picture of the tall unit and the small bench next to each other

Another "tall" cabinet will be placed next to the left side of the small bench. The large bench pictured above will be placed to the left of the next tall cabinet. Finally we are placing another "tall" cabinet to the left of the large bench (butting up against the door frame) & that will be used as a "closet" for jackets.

We'll be building the last two pieces tonight and I'll upload some more pics. If the temps warm up, maybe I'll have a chance to sand these units today so we can get them stained
Old 04-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #35

Completed the last two units last night & sanded them today. Didn't take any pics of the units being built, but I stood them all together to show how much storage space we have created for our 25RR. They fit (left to right) next to entrance door (18"), under window (60"), under TV cabinet (27 3/4") , sofa bench (37") and by the ramp door (23") they are 19 1/4 deep for the tall units with the end units being 62" & 60" while the middle unit is 55". The benches are 19 1/2 deep with the long unit being 18 3/4" tall & the shorter one is 20" tall. I didn't use solid backs as this will make it easier to find the studs so I can mount them to the walls & each other to make it a sturdy unit. They were made from 5/8 plywood and glued & screwed together to hopefully help with vibration. I only sanded the units with 60 grit sandpaper as it is afterall a camper and not the Taj Mahal

The units all need to be stained & we still have to figure out shelves & spacing for the shelves. It's possible we might install a cpl drawers and might make one of the uprights into a wardrobe style with a rod to hold hangers.

Will post more pics when I get back from work and have them stained & varnished
Old 04-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #36

Looking good !!! Keep on pimping
Just wanted to tell u I pulled my 25rr home
Yesterday 110 mile 60-65 mph with out any prob.
70 started to sway a little so I liked 60's better. My buddy said I might need to go one more link on wdh and he said it my tow different with a load . U were right plenty of power up hill most the time I didn't even feel it back there. Not sure how some guys say towing is a nightmare. This was the first time I've ever towed anything this long. and truck said I was avg 12-12.5 mileage not to bad. I'm sure it will go down with more weight.
Take care Sam
Old 05-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #37

Nice job. I'm interested to see how anchoring to the wall will work over the long haul (time, not distance). It certainly takes some moral fortitude to get those "big" projects rolling though. They require a lot of quality time.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:15 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollumi View Post
Nice job. I'm interested to see how anchoring to the wall will work over the long haul (time, not distance). It certainly takes some moral fortitude to get those "big" projects rolling though. They require a lot of quality time.
I know I can hit "studs" along the wall to anchor the units. Screwing them to each other should further aid in keeping them stable. Was also thinking of using Gorilla Glue to help keep them stable over the long haul
Old 05-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #39

Didn't mean your work night wolf. What you are making looks pretty solid. I was speaking somewhat tongue in cheek about the wall you were connecting to, the flex of the camper going down the road, etc.

I'd thought about doing the same thing you are doing furniture wise. Still thinking about putting something over the wheel well.

Very close to being finished with my solar project. I might add the finished project to your post here if that is ok. I think it's a pretty neat project for the RR campers. I went a little overboard in the $ spent but still pretty cool.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:28 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollumi View Post
Didn't mean your work night wolf. What you are making looks pretty solid. I was speaking somewhat tongue in cheek about the wall you were connecting to, the flex of the camper going down the road, etc.

I'd thought about doing the same thing you are doing furniture wise. Still thinking about putting something over the wheel well.

Very close to being finished with my solar project. I might add the finished project to your post here if that is ok. I think it's a pretty neat project for the RR campers. I went a little overboard in the $ spent but still pretty cool.

Believe it or not "flex" in what I built was also a concern of mine and yes I too wonder how "solid" the walls are behind that paper thin panelling.

By all means feel free to add ideas to this thread. I may have started it, but it belongs to everyone who wishes to contribute. I head home from work tomorrow and will get my cabinets finished. We pick the 25RR up from the dealer on the 11th (warranty work) and will start installing them at that point

Tags
25rr modifications