Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by campnqueen View Post
WOW...how much weight did you add? Looks really heavy.
Believe it or not I think we are just up to 5000lbs without water. When we purchased the trailer last December we ran it over a scale & came out 700lbs under it's claimed weight. I'll have to ask The_Filly where she put the total weight on the axles & get back to you
Night_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #82
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Wolf View Post

Believe it or not I think we are just up to 5000lbs without water. When we purchased the trailer last December we ran it over a scale & came out 700lbs under it's claimed weight. I'll have to ask The_Filly where she put the total weight on the axles & get back to you
(Sigh, this reads sarcastic or pompous, but it's really not meant that way.)

How in the world did you end up 700 pounds under? Was that the trailer axles only? Did you calculate + include the tongue weight?

This is the first I've ever heard a camper being less than claimed.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
(Sigh, this reads sarcastic or pompous, but it's really not meant that way.)

How in the world did you end up 700 pounds under? Was that the trailer axles only? Did you calculate + include the tongue weight?

This is the first I've ever heard a camper being less than claimed.
Ran it over a local scale that truckers use to check their weights. You can't get a print out and trust me I was shocked to see the trailer was actually 700lbs under the weight listed on the sticker. I know we added all that weight back when I added the cabinets & possibly more
Old 06-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #84
Always Learning

Did you happen to weigh your truck separately? I'm thinking you're not including the tongue weight which pushes down on the truck but is still technically part of the trailer's weight. If you were hitched up and only had the trailer on the scale, it doesn't give you the full picture.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Did you happen to weigh your truck separately? I'm thinking you're not including the tongue weight which pushes down on the truck but is still technically part of the trailer's weight. If you were hitched up and only had the trailer on the scale, it doesn't give you the full picture.
Yes the trailer was hooked to the truck and that could explain the discrepancy
Old 06-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #86
Always Learning

Quote:
Yes the trailer was hooked to the truck and that could explain the discrepancy
Definitely. Your camper likely weighs that weight + 10%-15% of it. I was just all like someone's camper advertised a real weight and then I was all like naw...
Old 06-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #87

The sewer hose holder on our 25RR is too short to fit our sewer hose so we have to make one. I have seen the mods where the 5x5 vinyl post is used but unfortunately that isn't available in Alberta. A 5 hr trip to Montana & I have that piece and a few other things wanted for our toy hauler
Old 06-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #88

Night mine didn't fit either just cut a few inches off and mine fit fine. Unscrewed one end and put it in a ziplock freezer bag
And put it front storage or u could just zip tie it to hose holder .
Sam 2581
sam2581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #89

I have a 19WP that is very similar to your 19RR. How did you remove the panel behind the TV, and what was behind the panel to support the existing TV? I'm like to replace my tiny stock TV with a larger unit, but I'm concerned that the black panel won't support a larger TV. Thanks!
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
I have a 19WP that is very similar to your 19RR. How did you remove the panel behind the TV, and what was behind the panel to support the existing TV? I'm like to replace my tiny stock TV with a larger unit, but I'm concerned that the black panel won't support a larger TV. Thanks!
I placed a piece of 2x4 next to the edge and tapped it with a hammer. Didn't want to break the panel in case I needed it for something else. It's stapled in place and once removed there is a huge empty space behind it. As you can see, in this thread, I placed a cpl shelves in ours and a new TV mount to support a larger (27") tv.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:42 PM   #91

Quote:
I placed a piece of 2x4 next to the edge and tapped it with a hammer. Didn't want to break the panel in case I needed it for something else. It's stapled in place and once removed there is a huge empty space behind it. As you can see, in this thread, I placed a cpl shelves in ours and a new TV mount to support a larger (27") tv.
Thanks!
Old 07-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #92

First time using our 25rr the water pump was spitting water and air. After waiting a long time for it to get better I found the filter at the water pump was loose and sucking air, works great after tightening. Water pump is under bath sink behind screwed on panel.
R1campr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #93

Grim what year is your 19wp I have a 2011 and that panel was not there and the stock 19" TV was there there was a piece of 1/2 plywood between the outside siding and the panel. I added a 29" TV with a swing arm. I do like the idea night wolf had and mounting to the side wall and put shelving in the there
Paul Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Beard View Post
Grim what year is your 19wp I have a 2011 and that panel was not there and the stock 19" TV was there there was a piece of 1/2 plywood between the outside siding and the panel. I added a 29" TV with a swing arm. I do like the idea night wolf had and mounting to the side wall and put shelving in the there
Mine is a 2012. I'll probably pull the radio in the next couple of days. With the radio removed, I can see what is behind the panel.

I also need to look for satellite connections behind the panel. I don't currently understand the configuration of the outside coaxial and RCA jacks.

Thanks!
Old 07-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #95

I will try and get some pictures but it won't be until the end of the week it's in the shop for the electric jack.
Paul Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #96

Removed the Touch Audio DVD player to see what was behind it

Some lessons learned:

The configuration of the right side outdoor entertainment jacks can be found in my post here:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...led-43034.html

There is a piece of 1/2" plywood behind the thin black board. The plywood is what actually holds up the TV. It extends from just above the electrical outlets to near the top of the cabinet. I don't know how the plywood is attached to the cabinet; however, it is much sturdier than the black board.

The Touch Audio DVD player that came with my 19WP is coded for the wrong region and won't play USA commercial DVDs. That is very annoying. Edit: I upgraded the firmware and now it works correctly.

If I've interpreted this correctly, included in the speaker wiring is a high-pass filter with a 40Hz low cutoff (i.e. a 1000E-6 capacitor).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	130706_0021.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	34674   Click image for larger version

Name:	130706_0023.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	34675   Click image for larger version

Name:	130706_0018.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	34676   Click image for larger version

Name:	130706_0020.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	34678  
Old 07-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #97

Anybody with a 25rr 2014 just took mine camping for the first time. Han a bead break on tire. Made it safe to campground . Noticed it next mor. Called fr roadside ass.
Super job changed to spare 1.5 hours
Anybody Else have a tire do this ?
Thanks Sam2581
sam2581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:09 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam2581 View Post
Anybody with a 25rr 2014 just took mine camping for the first time. Han a bead break on tire. Made it safe to campground . Noticed it next mor. Called fr roadside ass.
Super job changed to spare 1.5 hours
Anybody Else have a tire do this ?
Thanks Sam2581
You might be the first to have a bead break, but many have had the tires wear very prematurely
Old 08-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #99

I really enjoyed your posts. You did a great job. I plan to customize mine too but I think I will wait a while to figure out what to do.
I just picked up my 25rr this week. I really am impressed with it. I had a Jayco hybrid before this and this seems better quality.
oldrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrocks View Post
I really enjoyed your posts. You did a great job. I plan to customize mine too but I think I will wait a while to figure out what to do.
I just picked up my 25rr this week. I really am impressed with it. I had a Jayco hybrid before this and this seems better quality.
Thank you; I have enjoyed documenting all the changes. Still have more to come & will document them as I have a chance to get to them

Tags
25rr modifications