Old 05-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by recon33alpha View Post
Would like to see, hear more on your duct mod, what parts did you need etc.
No new parts needed to move the duct work except some wood. There is more than enough of the flexible vent to pull through the hole to reach the front. You do have to be careful on the height as if it's too high it prevents the sofa arm from standing up. I used the wooden strip from the front of the sofa (not needed as a table support) & cut it into pieces to support the pieces. In our unit the CO2 detector had to be moved up. Not a big issue for me as I had the proper connectors for 12 volt wiring. I clipped the wires, moved the unit up and rejoined everything.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #52

Ok, thanks, one last question, how did you access the original duct work? I'm assuming thru the cabinet under the sink? What size hole for the end piece (2 questions I guess, lol)

2013 campouts:1
recon33alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by recon33alpha View Post
Ok, thanks, one last question, how did you access the original duct work? I'm assuming thru the cabinet under the sink? What size hole for the end piece (2 questions I guess, lol)
Yes the duct work is accessed under the sink (you might want to move the divider board to make access easier as well as remove the drawers) The hole is a 4" hole I think as I didn't measure it ( I used the original vent cover as a template to draw the circle)
Old 05-14-2013, 05:28 AM   #54

Great mods and insights - thanks.

2013 25RR Toy Hauler
dennishamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:39 AM   #55

Tie Downs Moved

Well as you already know we removed two of the tie downs to facilitate installing the cabinets we built. Tonight it was time to re-install them.

Cut the material to access the bottom and moved the insulation out of the way making sure I wasn't going to cut anything. Used a hole saw and a jig saw to fit the tie down; added a piece of 2x4 along side the floor joist as a brace. Filled the opening with silicone and screwed them in place

Next we added two tie downs across from the bathroom door near the front of the trailer. This will make it easier to securely tie down two motorcycles if the need arises.

Some notes: you have to drop the coroplast (corrogated plastic) (I only unscrewed 2 sides) to access the same material that is under the rest of the trailer. Cut that open next to a stud, cut your holes & install your anchors. I found a pair of anchors the same as FR installs from Princess Auto (Similar to Harbor Freight). The good news is the two holding tanks are under this coroplast & there is enough space to access the floor without having to drop any tanks

Hope this helps someone
Old 05-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #56

So whats up with the thermostat only working on heat? Id like to add a digital to mine as well.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:39 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevinsbulldog View Post
So whats up with the thermostat only working on heat? Id like to add a digital to mine as well.
The 25RR doesn't have duct-ed heat; so no hook up for the thermostat. Digital thermostat is still way nicer than the piece of garbage that FR installs
Old 05-20-2013, 01:52 AM   #58

More updates

Had time today for some more work on improving our 25RR

Since I had an LED light strip we decided to add lighting to the cabinet over the window. While I was in there & had the inside panels that protect the wiring removed; I decided to add some bracing for the 3 light switches & the power awning control. FR simply screwed through the thin paneling without anything to support them. I realize you are not hanging weight on them, but add a brace so the screws actually hold onto something. When I re-installed the protective panel I moved it 6"s further back, giving us more storage space.

Lights will need a switch, so I cut a small rectangle in the panl beside the door to mount a lighted switch. If the light on the switch is lit, the cabinet lights are on

Switch installed & turned on

Inside lit cabinet

Wire loom just visible inside the lighted cabinet. We'll have to be a wee bit careful that the wires don't get knocked off; might add a cover to protect the rear of the switch

Old 05-20-2013, 01:59 AM   #59

Added tops to the 2 benches today

Long bench (this will get a thin cushion)

Short bench (cushion is thicker on this bench than on the long bench)

Test fitting the cushion

Fire extinguished mounted on left side of the door

Old 05-20-2013, 02:06 AM   #60

Next up was to brace the drawers; I knew from what others posted that it would eventually fail, but I didn't expect such a crappy job from FR on the build. The same 1/8th veneer was used for the support & as I found out the screw holding it was only 1/4" long

Since I was in there I cleaned up the wires that were draped across the heating duct without any protection . I used split loom covering which should prevent the wires rubbing on the ducting and also prevent their heating up

Tags
25rr modifications