Old 05-20-2013, 02:18 AM   #61

While the 25RR only has 2 drawers they are very deep. Almost too deep in fact, so I converted the top drawer into a double layer drawer

I added a brace to each side

Our cutlery tray sits on the supports and can slide fore & aft to facilitate access to stuff stored under it, as well as being able to easily remove it if the need arises

Next on the list of things to do was to make doors for the upright cabinets. Since I'm far from being a cabinet maker, I decided on the simple approach. I split the door into two sections & they will be attached with the same 24" piano hinged used on the bench tops. I used a simple "ladder" design & we plan on using coroplast (corrugated plastic) to fill the openings

Old 05-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #62

More mods accomplished today

We moved the warning sticker from the wall behind our new storage unit, but decided instead of tossing it, we would just move it's location

The shelving unit also blocks a plug; we decided a workaround was in order and cut the cabinet so the outlet is exposed. To make access easier, I inserted a 6 outlet tap with sideways facing outlets

The cabinet door still needs the coroplast backer, but it was installed today

The piece of "foam" in the background is part of what was our mattress; it has been re-purposed to make the new sofa cushion as well as the bench cushions. We'll be using the original sofa cushions as our mattress with a gel "topper"

Old 05-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #63

Test fitting the cushion before finishing up the sewing

Cushion for the small bench finished

The drawback to using plywood in the construction is that it "flexes". I had to add a brace to pull the two sides towards each other or else my "door" wasn't square

We decided to move our 3 burner stove from under the long bench due to the same issue noted above; plywood flex. Now however it will be stored on one end instead of flat, so we had to figure out how it would be secured. 2 loops secured to the wall studs with a bungee, looks to be able to keep it secure

Old 05-20-2013, 11:50 PM   #64

Last post for today

Test fitting the new sofa cushion before final sewing

Completed

The_Filly enjoying the new cushion

Old 05-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #65

More work accomplished this past weekend & we are just about ready for our first camping trip this coming weekend. Tested the city water hook up and the water heater on both propane and just electrical power. Everything seems to be working to spec so far. Now I'll fill & sanitize the water tank to see if the pump system works.

Time for some pics

Shelving unit by the doorway with the "coroplast" inserts

Bottom door with wallpaper covering the "coroplast"

Complete unit wallpapered

Shelves installed

Old 05-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #66

Next is the cabinet by the ramp door

Same idea made the doors; small door has a shelf behind it, tall door will have our camp stove amongst other tall things stored inside

One shelf

Unit front

More to come
Old 05-27-2013, 11:34 PM   #67

Next up was the center cabinet which I decided to build drawers for.

Test fitting the bottom drawer

Another view

Slides installed for 4 drawers. Two are very deep (12") and two are shallower

Still have to install the handles and stain it (staining is done but not shown in this pic)

Old 05-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #68

Top drawer will be used to store our everyday dishes (plates, bowls, coffee mugs, plastic glasses etc...)

Bottom drawer holds the coffee pot, 2 kettles, camp stove toaster & Bullet blender kit

Next drawer up will hold the pots & pans

Here's a pic catching part of the unit, the long bench & the shelf unit by the door. The_Filly made the cushion and yes it's short as we plan on sitting our ice maker on the end of the long bench

Old 05-28-2013, 12:00 AM   #69

Last of the pics for today

Of course we purchased the 25RR as a toy hauler, so I figured we might as well see how at least one of the toys fits. I used a wheel chock held in place with ratchet straps (to keep it from sliding forward) I'll use the same ratchet straps anchored to the tie down points and back to the bike on the front and possibly another 2 on the rear. Wasn't tied down as it was a just to see how difficult it was to load. We raised the front and tipped the rear, but the bike was pushed in as my feet won't touch ground to keep me stable. If I load the Intruder, I'll most likely ride it in as it has a much lower seat height

Front view

Rear View

The_Filly cleaning up from all the work we did

Old 05-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #70

Just wondering if when u try the pump mine spits air and water . Must be a leak between tank and pump to let it suck air .
Hopefully yours is better.
Anyone havering trouble with your 25rr pumping air and water ?
Thanks Sam2581

Tags
25rr modifications