Old 12-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #1

Pimp My 25RR :)

Since the Pimp My RR threads seem to be popular, I figured I would start one for my 25RR. First a cpl pics of the unit we took delivery of on Dec 8th 2012. It is a 2013 model

Planned mods include, LED Awning lights (on order), Power Awning Remote install, Replace all interior trailer lighting with LED lights, Replace electric heater outlet with a duplex outlet, Possibly adding a 3rd heater vent to the furnace, extending & boxing in the heater outlet by the sofa to under the sofa, Rebuild bed frame, toss crappy mattress, add lift assist shock, remove left sofa, build storage benches & wardrobes in that space, toss too large & too heavy table. Add bench under large window, wardrobes/linen closets on both sides of the entrance door, modify current TV mount to open cabinet, add shelves, new TV mount & 27" LED TV; add stabilizer jacks to the 4 outside corners; Open up wasted storage space inside cabinet radio is mounted to; add a switched LED light to that same cabinet, add lift assist shock to that door, add coat hooks to rear of helmet storage shelf

Already added a Coleman motion sensor light to interior light switch panel

Thought I should add that our 25RR weighs almost 700lbs less than Forest River states as it's claimed weight

Pics of the Interior for comparing changes made

Old 12-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #2

More Pics

Bathroom will get a cpl tweaks

Bed frame will be rebuilt, helper shock added & crap mattress tossed

A wardrobe/Linen closet will be added to the left of the door as you look at it from the inside

Left sofa will be removed, table tossed and custom cabinets & benches will be built along the left wall as viewed in this pic

Old 12-27-2012, 10:44 PM   #3

A paper towel rack will be added under the cabinet & LED lighting will be added to the range hood

Opening up the TV Cabinet

Braced both sides for the new TV mount. Used 5/8 th plywood sanded, stained & clear coated

TV Mount installed

Old 12-27-2012, 10:56 PM   #4

Nice looking unit. Thanks for the pictures.
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:04 PM   #5

Shelf brackets going in

27" Samsung LED Tv with Connect Share. This TV will play pictures & music from a USB key, but more importantly it will also play movies & it connects into the stereo so the sound comes from the units speakers. I'm already debating on replacing the small speakers with 6X9 speakers for better sound. The_Filly has an older surround system that may be installed and thus negate the idea of hooking into the stock system

Old 12-27-2012, 11:17 PM   #6

Will be a while before more pics are posted as it's winter and damm cold here currently. Temp was minus 37 yesterday
Old 12-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #7

Had a cpl nice days with temps right around freezing so it was time to get going on some more of the interior mods

Our 25RR has access to the valves on the water heater under the bed. Had a look at it & though it was an awfully small opening. While myself & The_Filly were picking up some stuff @ Home Depot I saw this 9X9 access panel which should be perfect for the task. Think I had my camera on the wrong setting as some of my pics are way too dark

What was on the package

Here is a pic of it in the now enlarged opening

Next was to seal the edges of the bed from cold air, drafts & bugs

Caulking around the outside edges

Old 12-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #8

Next up was to place a vapor barrier as I have heard some folks mention they had water under their mattresses

Going to use some of the wasted space from the way the frame was constructed.

After the vapor barrier was in place it was time to add some bracing & insulation. I used 2x3 lumber and 2" styrofoam insulation.

Again space was left for the access panel

Old 12-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #9

Now that the bed was sealed & insulated it's time to install new sheating. I'll mention here the stock sheating appears to be about 1/8th of an inch thick I decided to go with 3/8ths sheeting

Again a hole was cut for the access panel

Access panel piece was trimmed to be a wee bit smaller than the opening to facilitate easy access as was the insulation under it

In stock formation the flip up end piece wasn't as wide as matress so it could be opened. When I added my 2x3 lumber I extended it all the way to the end & the cut a piece of plywood to fit. The new flip up piece will be shorter so it can be opened without scratching the end of the camper wall.

I'll be working on the hinged section tomorrow as long as the temps stay reasonable
Old 12-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #10

I had some plywood laying around so I decided to use it for 2 shelves in the TV Cabinett. Sanded, stained & a coat of varnish and they are now installed. Will be cutting a trim piece for the front edge which will also help keep items from sliding out when we are travelling down the highway

The TV mount will also sit flush with the front of the shelves and be strapped in place to keep items from falling out when the trailer is rolling down the highway. The TV mount we used, allows the TV to be removed easily so it will be stored when the trailer is in motion

Tags
25rr modifications