Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2017, 07:15 PM   #401

Quote:
Originally Posted by statticcling View Post
those stands i bought on amazon ,they are actually step stabilizers for rvs . they r rated for 1000 pds each , and the ramp i bought at home depot,it was a single ramp , i just disassembled it and bolted it side by side to r make it wider.I strap the ramp to the back d rings which makes this very stable

Home Depot Carries the ramps? Never seen them in store shelves. Did you order them on line ?
ruddie66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:11 PM   #402

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruddie66 View Post
A few questions, where did you get gas struts from and what size ? I agree why not factory installed. Also I'm having a difficult time finding the stair levelers that fit the rubber bumpers in ramp door that you spoke of. Any help would be appreciated. Plan on leaving nov. 1st from Minnesota , before it gets to cold. Thanks.
Got mine on eBay....think they are the 40 n/m ones.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:51 PM   #403

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Check out the Vengeance 25. Has the exact same floor plan as the 26RR but with a little more width, over a foot more headroom, completely flat floor in front of the beavertail entry. The beavertail allows loading most anything without dragging the center section.
Good call... Unfortunately it also brings another 1500 lbs to the table... Looking to stay as light as I can. Main reason I looked at the grey wolf to start.
Mlipscomb923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:29 PM   #404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlipscomb923 View Post
Good call... Unfortunately it also brings another 1500 lbs to the table... Looking to stay as light as I can. Main reason I looked at the grey wolf to start.
That's very true, and the max weight is about 2,100 pounds heavier. I guess that's the price you pay for the extra width, height and other sturdier stuff. Fully loaded (1,350 pound Trike) I'm at 8,550 pounds (CAT). That's about 1,300 below maximum. Same load in a 26RR would be within a couple hundred pounds of max.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:59 AM   #405

Bought both off amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014F...v2L&ref=plSrch

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=i...ix=cp+products

Here are some links.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:37 AM   #406

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
the pic of the stabilizers on page 2 only shows 2. was wondering if a third one is needed where the ramps contact the ramp door?
retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:26 AM   #407

I have only used two for two years. You could always have a third. You would need to cover with some type of rubber material so not to scratch door. The rubber bumpers on the door fit right into the stabilizers.

Old 09-08-2017, 01:07 AM   #408

Deal on a 26rr

A local dealer has given me an offer for a 2017 26rr without the chairs, with all stainless appliances, for $18,600 out the door.
I'd that a crazy good deal? About right? Not a great deal?
Old 09-08-2017, 09:24 AM   #409

The cheapest for new one I have seen is $16800.. so if that one is $18,600 out the door, meaning including all taxes title and doc fees. Seems like it is pretty close. Does that include a WDH. Weight distribution hitch? If not see if he'll throw that in.

Make sure his out the door price is truest out the door.

Good luck.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:29 AM   #410

Here is a 2018 in Mansfield Ohio. I know your in VA , but will give you something to compare and maybe dicker more better deal.

http://www.rvt.com/dealerframe/subur...php?id=7102577

Old 09-10-2017, 02:04 AM   #411

Crunched the numbers and it looks like it's $16,440 before Virginia sales tax, $995 destination and prep, and $229 registration and plates.

Sounds like a pretty darn good deal. Thanks for all he input!
Old 09-10-2017, 07:17 AM   #412

Congrats. See if you can squeeze him for another $500 since it is a 2017 hold over! But if not it's still a great trailer for the price. Just make sure to do a thorough PDI , open every cabinet, turn on everything, make sure they have hooked up to water and run that to make sure all connections are tight. If it does not have a tv take one with you so you can test the outside hook ups and inside hook ups. They are known for reversing cords in back of unit and you don't have audio.

Good luck.

Old 09-10-2017, 01:54 PM   #413

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
Congrats. See if you can squeeze him for another $500 since it is a 2017 hold over! But if not it's still a great trailer for the price. Just make sure to do a thorough PDI , open every cabinet, turn on everything, make sure they have hooked up to water and run that to make sure all connections are tight. If it does not have a tv take one with you so you can test the outside hook ups and inside hook ups. They are known for reversing cords in back of unit and you don't have audio.

Good luck.
X2 on what rmac04401 just told you plus one more thing!

In the bathroom, the panel underneath the basin (behind the cabinet door) hides the fresh water pump in my 26rr, THAT was where I found a leak and problems filling the fresh water tank from outside. The tube which ran from the outside fill port down to the tank was not only loose inside at the fill port, but was excessively long and had a huge upward bend. Make them pull that panel (2 screws) and double check ALL connections & clamps under there!!
extxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:19 PM   #414

Quote:
Originally Posted by extxn View Post
X2 on what rmac04401 just told you plus one more thing!

In the bathroom, the panel underneath the basin (behind the cabinet door) hides the fresh water pump in my 26rr, THAT was where I found a leak and problems filling the fresh water tank from outside. The tube which ran from the outside fill port down to the tank was not only loose inside at the fill port, but was excessively long and had a huge upward bend. Make them pull that panel (2 screws) and double check ALL connections & clamps under there!!
Thanks for all the advice. Doing the walk through on Monday next week. Got a killer deal, and it must have been one of the last 2017's they made because they put the 2018 rounded shower with butterfly doors in it.

Right off the cuff I am looking at some mods I haven't seen on here yet, so it should be fun.

Going to take the cabinets on the passenger side and move the two doors closer together, and make the helmet storage shelf fold down to fit my roll cage.

Also I have a 36" electric fireplace (with a blue flame background option to compliment the blue lighting on the grey wolf) that I plan to install in the TV cabinet space, and move the TV mount and connections to the back of the RV.

Then the wife wants to paint the walls and cabinets in the bedroom, and decorate for a more cozy feel and different personality than the living space.

Going to put a separate post after this looking for some more advice.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:22 PM   #415

Looking for recommendations on:

Mattress for the bedroom area-
Maybe just get a 4-6" gel mattress from Amazon and put it on top of the existing?

Back up camera -
Prewired for Furrion... But I hear they are hit or miss... Any luck? Any failures?

Weight distribution hitch-
Looking at the Fastway E2 rigid hitch with sway built in... Any experience?
Regular vs trunion? What is the difference?
Old 09-12-2017, 07:37 AM   #416

CONGRATs on the find!! Sounds like you've found what you wanted ~~

A couple of things we've done, but I never posted about ~

Added new curtains in the bed room area, used spring loaded tension rods inside the valance -- will be easier to change anytime and covered the sliding shades on the inside. Did the same on the big window by the entry door and will be doing the same for the other window when she 'finds' the curtain she likes.

Got rid of the 'mattress' (what a joke) and got a 12"memory gel from Wallyworld, ordered on line & delivered to the store. Had to cut some off the end since it was a queen size, not a short queen. Used electric knife to do the cutting. The DW just told me it's called 'Spa Sensation'. I have nerve damage in my lower back & neck, sleep great on it!

Installed a tp holder next to the potty, no more tp holder standing on the floor. Wall is thin luan and a slight space between it and the wall inside the pantry, was able to cut the hole with a box cutter.

Added another strap from under the rear bench up to the eye catch and able to pull things up tighter to the wall. (that's the yellow straps in my pics) If you don't need the table for extra bed, find something more useful and lighter weight.

I'll leave recommendations for the hinge up to others who have towed more than I have.

Don't forget the stinky slinky holder! Getting that back into the round tube is another joke!
Old 09-12-2017, 06:15 PM   #417

Quote:
Home Depot Carries the ramps? Never seen them in store shelves. Did you order them on line ?

Forgot to get the length of the ramps, 4 ft or 5!ft. ?
ruddie66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:51 PM   #418

Quote:
Forgot to get the length of the ramps, 4 ft or 5!ft. ?
ruddie66 ~ the length of your ramps are secondary and will most likely depend on the clearance underneath YOUR bike.

What you have to watch out for is the belly 'bottoming out' as your front wheel goes from the ramp into the trailer itself and the back wheel is still on the ramp. That will determine how high you need to raise the ramp to prevent 'bottoming out'. After you have that ideal (ramp height), you'll have a better ideal as to the needed length of your secondary ramps (from the ground onto the tt ramp).

The 'bottoming out' is at the top of the secondary ramps AND the top of the tt ramp!

I've never seen ramps at Lowe's or Home Depot, I'm suppose you could order them from either. My bet if you want 'hands on', look at Harbor Freight, they have several styles & lengths. With that being said, I have a GL1800 Trike (Goldwing) which sets very low, I have to raise my ramp approximately 10", and have 3 ramps (TRIKE!) which are 6' long ~ this is what I need.

You might get some help to load your bike into the tt, place a scissor jack under the ramp end and slowly back the bike out until the belly is right over the ramp hinge. Now, SLOWLY lower the ramp with the rear wheel out on the ramp until you're close to 'bottoming out' point. Measure the height from the ground to the bottom of your ramp, this is how high you'll need to raise your ramp each time. Now, start with something around 6' that you can shorten as you need it to represent your secondary ramps, maybe 2"X12" wood planks (2 or 3 fastened together). Don't forget, you need an area for the wheels AND your feet just in case you loose your balance.

After you're happy with all that ~ you'll have some ideal as to the type and length of secondary ramps you will actually need.

Just in case, you might want to wrap a tie down through your front wheel and hook to the center tie-down points just to prevent the bike getting away from you when lowering the ramp.

Please ~ forgive the length of this reply, just trying not to confuse you with a specific length needed and help you make sense out of this.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:46 PM   #419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlipscomb923 View Post
A local dealer has given me an offer for a 2017 26rr without the chairs, with all stainless appliances, for $18,600 out the door.
I'd that a crazy good deal? About right? Not a great deal?
I think that is a good deal. The 2018s are out so they are dealing. Just bought mine for 17995.
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:09 PM   #420

I've heard an overwhelming opinion is to take the table out and get a Walmart table... Any other thoughts?

What are people doing for chairs? Anyone get the optional club chairs? Something better/lighter?

Finally, I plan on making a patio on the tailgate... Anyone used a kit or any custom builds?