Old 12-04-2015, 12:00 PM   #51

Pimp my 26rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuterbru View Post
Wow that is a good idea! I pulled the fake brick thing so I could use that space. Like you said, why did they do that! What a waste of space... I use the lower space for a pantry, put in 2 shelves. I mounted a 39" TV to the back wall with an articulating mount. Planning on mounting my inverter, cable box and anything else I can get back there. Will take some pics when I get a chance. Have a lot more ideas just have not had the time to work on them yet. What is under the carpet on the wheel well? Going to build a cabinet over that.

It is half inch particle board with millions of staples. If you look back at beginning of thread you will see pics of how some have modified the area. If you look under sink at that wheel well the other side looks the same under carpet. I think I have had every nook and cranny opened up on my 26rr. I had my breaker box out last week and installed the progressive industries EMS. Now I won't have to worry about frying any components. I wired display under the bathroom sink where the panel is to access water pump.

5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:23 PM   #52
RiderBloke

Zuterbru,
As Mac04401 said. My cabinet is screwed down to that wood leaving the carpet is place and back to some studs in the wall.. It holds a number of kitchen appliances like coffee maker, small slow cooker, toaster, electric jug, George Foreman, 2 small fans, video projector, broom, swiffer - appliances are in boxes and/or plastic boxes from dollar store. The carpet on top is just three carpet mats.
Originally I was going to make an elaborate folding top to turn into a child's bed but decided that the grandkids would so rarely travel with us that blow up mattresses on the floor would be better.
Good luck with your mods - it has given me great satisfaction to do mine, to use them, and to share them with others.
Ron.

Sent from my iPhone somewhere on the face of the earth using Tapatalk

RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 03:24 PM   #53

Rmac04401 and Riderbloke thanks for the reply's. I finally winterized mine a couple weeks ago so I pulled the panel for the water pump. I was glad to see it has the sediment filter already, alot of times if you use the hand pumped water you can pull some sand with it. I like the cabinets you 2 made on the wheel well. Did you stain it yourself, if so what did you use? I wanted to find out what stain was used, I found a minwax that is pretty close, close enough anyhow. Will do that over the winter, adds a lot of useful space!
92 GMC K2500 454
2006 Honda Rubicon ATV
zuterbru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 04:24 PM   #54

Quote:
Rmac04401 and Riderbloke thanks for the reply's. I finally winterized mine a couple weeks ago so I pulled the panel for the water pump. I was glad to see it has the sediment filter already, alot of times if you use the hand pumped water you can pull some sand with it. I like the cabinets you 2 made on the wheel well. Did you stain it yourself, if so what did you use? I wanted to find out what stain was used, I found a minwax that is pretty close, close enough anyhow. Will do that over the winter, adds a lot of useful space!

The other Ron (riderbloke) made his. I bought IKEA cubes and made mine the fake finish on mine came real close to the shade already in camper. I used dark walnut for my homemade rack to hold sink top and cutting boards.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:42 PM   #55

Yeah, the finish looks really close. That is what I was looking at from Minwax, close enough! The shelving I bought for the pantry shelves are really close too, stock color at Home Depot, can hardly tell they are add ons. Ikea Cubes? Hm... Do they custom make those? Looked while I was in there and I did not see them, the drawers you put in under the bed either.
92 GMC K2500 454
2006 Honda Rubicon ATV
zuterbru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:19 PM   #56

Pimp my 26rr

Quote:
Yeah, the finish looks really close. That is what I was looking at from Minwax, close enough! The shelving I bought for the pantry shelves are really close too, stock color at Home Depot, can hardly tell they are add ons. Ikea Cubes? Hm... Do they custom make those? Looked while I was in there and I did not see them, the drawers you put in under the bed either.

I put links at beginning of thread. You would really have to know what you were looking for to see them displayed. That section is 5 individual cubes. My wife loves the drawers. It gives us so much storage almost as much as bedroom in house. Not really but good for camping. I also bought shelves and cut them down for pantry that have same finish. Was a successful trip to ikea. Great customer service. They sent me missing/broken pieces so I would not have to make the 3 hour round trip to return or get missing pieces. Plus they are light weight. Screwed to each other and screwed to particle board on wheel well. Described all steps earlier in thread.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:11 PM   #57
RiderBloke

My stain colour was Espresso.

Sent from my iPhone somewhere on the face of the earth using Tapatalk
RiderBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:26 AM   #58

Does anyone have pictures of what is behind the "rock" wall? Really curious. I don't necessarily like it but if nothing is to be gained from removing it I'll just leave it. I have an articulating arm for my TV and that will be next add. Too hard to see the TV from the passenger side couch with morning coffee without moving it out passed the overhead storage on that side.

ChipBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 08:28 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipBruce View Post
Does anyone have pictures of what is behind the "rock" wall? Really curious. I don't necessarily like it but if nothing is to be gained from removing it I'll just leave it. I have an articulating arm for my TV and that will be next add. Too hard to see the TV from the passenger side couch with morning coffee without moving it out passed the overhead storage on that side.

Chip. I just had it off the other day. You have a huge cavity back there you could use for more pantry if you did not have TV there. I moved my tv to back of trailer. I think riderbloke posted a pic of what's there. He took rock wall off and put up curtains across the front. The 2014 had the TV set back in this spot. In 2015 they put the rock wall out and mounted TV. You can pick up more storage taking off.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:31 AM   #60

Look under 2016 26rr shelving questions he has a small pic there