Old 08-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #1

Ramp door

Just noticed I can see daylight at the top right corner of my ramp door. I though it was gonna be a gasket but noticed that the gap is off from the right side to the left side. Is there a way to adjust these?

Old 08-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #2

got a pic?

Old 08-18-2013, 10:57 PM   #3

of what, door, gap, hinge, seals?
Old 08-18-2013, 11:09 PM   #4

the door so anyone reading this can have some idea of wether or not you have a steel door with cables or an aluminum door with spring loaded hinges. what kind of toyhauler is it? year? what have you loaded on it? etc etc unless it was bent from factory then it must have gotten bent buy something and the aluminum door bend easy. most I have seen have a weight sticker on them with some advise on how to use them. if it is bent then lay something under the side that isn't and stand on the opposite corner and see if you can relax the bend. that or adjust the bars that clamp it shut if you have the ones that go 1/3 of the way up which I wouldn't know because I don't know what you have.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #5

Its a 2014 25RR
Old 08-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #6

from the inside the top right door gap is 1.5" & top left is .5". side to side, not that its not closing all the way.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:31 PM   #7

2014 would still be under warranty so I would say take that one back to the dealer cause if you have a 1/2" gap on one corner and 1 1/2" on the other that you can see daylight through the top of the door sounds bent. if you loaded something heavy the daylight would be in the middle of the door down each side not at the top. take it back and tell them to fix it! they will prob have to replace it would be my guess but i'm not there to see it. it's either bent or something is hitting it to keep it from closing all the way.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #8

Its closing fine. Its just not aligned correctly. Dealer is 3hrs away is why im asking if there is any adjustments so i can do it myself. The gap is side to side, not front to back. Make since?
Old 08-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #9

I hear ya on the dealer and i'm not sure I know what you saying on the gap? are you saying it's not on both sides of the top just on one side? if so where does the gap begin from bottom to top? are you saying the gap is 1/2" to 1 1/2" from bottom to top? have you loaded anything on the ramp yet? if so what and how heavy and was the ramp sitting level or even on the ground or was one corner touching and the other still off the ground?
Old 08-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #10

I've taken mine to leach camper sales in Lincoln ne 3 times for warranty. the only thing I was happy with that they fixed was the wiring on the tank sensors otherwise when they replaced the front of my cabinets they did damage and never got the convection oven back in right. when they fixed the electric bed they blew the paneling off the bottom, when they adjusted the ac cover plate they cracked it, when I told them to find out why the toilet kept plugging soooooo easy they told me warranty wouldn't cover it if they couldn't find anything and the knock out cap may have gotten knocked down the drain line from the toilet but if they couldn't find it with a camera warranty wouldn't pay for it so I tried forest river and they wouldn't return my emails or calls so I was basically told I would just have to use more water and prob double flush each time and live with it. I should've fixed all the problems like I did so many other little ones so I know what your saying on not wanting to take it there but if it is bent then take it back and don't tell them you have even used it yet so that way they can't say it was your fault and should replace it.

Tags
door