Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #1

Ramp door

Just noticed I can see daylight at the top right corner of my ramp door. I though it was gonna be a gasket but noticed that the gap is off from the right side to the left side. Is there a way to adjust these?
blevinsbulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #2

got a pic?

'21 dune sport fire storm custom toyhauler
dsrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #3

of what, door, gap, hinge, seals?
Old 08-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #4

the door so anyone reading this can have some idea of wether or not you have a steel door with cables or an aluminum door with spring loaded hinges. what kind of toyhauler is it? year? what have you loaded on it? etc etc unless it was bent from factory then it must have gotten bent buy something and the aluminum door bend easy. most I have seen have a weight sticker on them with some advise on how to use them. if it is bent then lay something under the side that isn't and stand on the opposite corner and see if you can relax the bend. that or adjust the bars that clamp it shut if you have the ones that go 1/3 of the way up which I wouldn't know because I don't know what you have.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #5

Its a 2014 25RR
Old 08-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #6

from the inside the top right door gap is 1.5" & top left is .5". side to side, not that its not closing all the way.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #7

2014 would still be under warranty so I would say take that one back to the dealer cause if you have a 1/2" gap on one corner and 1 1/2" on the other that you can see daylight through the top of the door sounds bent. if you loaded something heavy the daylight would be in the middle of the door down each side not at the top. take it back and tell them to fix it! they will prob have to replace it would be my guess but i'm not there to see it. it's either bent or something is hitting it to keep it from closing all the way.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #8

Its closing fine. Its just not aligned correctly. Dealer is 3hrs away is why im asking if there is any adjustments so i can do it myself. The gap is side to side, not front to back. Make since?
Old 08-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #9

I hear ya on the dealer and i'm not sure I know what you saying on the gap? are you saying it's not on both sides of the top just on one side? if so where does the gap begin from bottom to top? are you saying the gap is 1/2" to 1 1/2" from bottom to top? have you loaded anything on the ramp yet? if so what and how heavy and was the ramp sitting level or even on the ground or was one corner touching and the other still off the ground?

Old 08-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #10

I've taken mine to leach camper sales in Lincoln ne 3 times for warranty. the only thing I was happy with that they fixed was the wiring on the tank sensors otherwise when they replaced the front of my cabinets they did damage and never got the convection oven back in right. when they fixed the electric bed they blew the paneling off the bottom, when they adjusted the ac cover plate they cracked it, when I told them to find out why the toilet kept plugging soooooo easy they told me warranty wouldn't cover it if they couldn't find anything and the knock out cap may have gotten knocked down the drain line from the toilet but if they couldn't find it with a camera warranty wouldn't pay for it so I tried forest river and they wouldn't return my emails or calls so I was basically told I would just have to use more water and prob double flush each time and live with it. I should've fixed all the problems like I did so many other little ones so I know what your saying on not wanting to take it there but if it is bent then take it back and don't tell them you have even used it yet so that way they can't say it was your fault and should replace it.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #11

ok let me try this. pretend you have a 5x7 photo & you want to put in a 8x10 frame. ok picture that. you have it perfectly straight. now turn the pic just a tad to the left. the top left is closer to the frame than the top right. make sence now? I have loaded 4-wheelers but i dont thinks its bent, just out of adjustment.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #12

Can you adjust the hinges at all. Are they welded on, or bolted on? Can they just be loosened, adjusted, and re-tightened? Maybe a picture of the hinge area would help.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #13

I have the same trailer with the same problem. Type in the thread "25rr rear door gap" to see my photos. . I noticed mine after I pulled it out form winter storage. My guess that I had stored it on a slight slope and the cabin itself shifted. I was still under warranty so I took it in and they adjusted the seal so they're is no gap. I still look at it every time and think it shouldn't have happened, I should have pushed the warranty issue but to be honest I new it was gonna be a huge battle with forest river. It's still usable so I'll live with it.
Partyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevinsbulldog View Post
ok let me try this. pretend you have a 5x7 photo & you want to put in a 8x10 frame. ok picture that. you have it perfectly straight. now turn the pic just a tad to the left. the top left is closer to the frame than the top right. make sence now? I have loaded 4-wheelers but i dont thinks its bent, just out of adjustment.
ya I think I do you are saying the door doesn't fit parallel to the sides so it was not installed correctly form the get go. well take it back to the dealership and have them re-install it correctly, this problem will not fix itself and simple adjusting the rubber seal is a bandaid to get one out of warranty not a true repair.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #15

The dealer I bought it from is 3 hrs away. Can another dealer fix it under warranty? Do they have to be a "Forest River" dealer?
Old 08-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #16

yep any dealer that sells models made by the manufacturer will or should take care of it after all they are getting paid and if they say no call forest river. that is why I had to take mine to leach campers cause they are the closest dealer here and surprisingly the largest but crap customer service.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #17

Cool deal....tks!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #18

When I bought mine it also had a gap the exact same as you describe above. I could see some day light too. When I got my new door I believe that got resolved. I'll have to go double check that. There's no daylight now. Lucky for me, it never leaked.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
When I bought mine it also had a gap the exact same as you describe above. I could see some day light too. When I got my new door I believe that got resolved. I'll have to go double check that. There's no daylight now. Lucky for me, it never leaked.

did ya ever check the door?
Old 08-27-2013, 08:03 AM   #20

Yes I did. The door is still very slightly cocked to the curb side but there is no daylight showing anymore. I also noticed that on the top in the middle the frame of the door opening slumps down a little. No leaks though so I'm fine with it.

Tags
door