Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2016, 07:34 AM   #1

Refrigerator in Wolf Pup

Hi all,

About to take our maiden voyage an having issues with the fridge. The dealer recommended we plug in overnight to chill the refrigerator before getting on the road. However we plugged in overnight and it seems the fridge was not on. I can get it to light with the propane but it doesnt seem to work on electric. Checked all settings, and the breakers are fine. Any suggestions?
franco928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:32 PM   #2

Pull the access panel off the back. There is a 120V outlet and the fridge is plugged into that. Also, there is a propane valve, make sure it is on. I know this is a silly question, but do you have propane in it? Did you pull both tanks letting the system go down completely? Everytime I do that I start with running a couple burners on the stove for a minute or so. This gets all the air out of the system. The fridge and furnace has a hard time starting if this is not done.
92 GMC K2500 454
2006 Honda Rubicon ATV
zuterbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:05 PM   #3

The propane system seems to be working fine. It's when we try to run the fridge on electricity they nothing happens. There appears to be an indicator light for when it's turned to electric that isn't even coming on so I will look for that panel later. Thanks!
Old 05-09-2016, 05:26 PM   #4

There is a electric outlet behind fridge on outside behind the vent. Atleast mine does and it's also gfci so maybe it tripped.
roadrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:43 PM   #5

THANK YOU!! We located the panel and checked that the outlet was working, then plugged the fridge directly into power and it did not work. This made me nervous! But I looked around and noticed there was a wire that was not connected, stuck it in and it works! Hooray!!!
Old 05-16-2016, 09:35 AM   #6

OK franco when I saw your post I was wondering what you where talking about. I took a look at my fridge, my guess is the loose wire was 12V. You need to have 12V DC for both Propane and 120V AC operation. So, plugging back in the 12V the 120V started working again.
92 GMC K2500 454
2006 Honda Rubicon ATV
zuterbru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator