Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2016, 07:39 PM   #1

Storage in wolf pup?

Hi again, we are struggling with storage in the wolf pup. I bought an over door rack meant for a shower door but it didn't fit the bathroom door. Looking for a way to store bathroom items. Also kitchen- space is so limited. How do you store dishes / utensils/ etc? And do you have a trash can of any kind? Any tips greatly appreciated, for both loading to travel and for setting up at camp.

Also I should state that I'm really looking for solutions that do not require drilling into the walls in any way. Trying to avoid any permanent alterations!
franco928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:56 PM   #2

Check out the Facebook group 'RV Storage Ideas'. It may give you some ideas. It seems to be a very active group.
Feasba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:10 PM   #3

Thanks! Just requested to join that page. Scrolling around has me wishing for a bigger camper though...
Old 06-25-2016, 11:45 PM   #4

We purchased a three tier container that is drawers. They have them at Walmart with a basket weave look The narrow one fits perfect next to the sink and between the wheel well. ( I have my kitchen utensils , spices, zip lock bags, trash bags etc.. In this one. They come apart so the the wider one we made two drawer high and it fits perfect above the refrigerator with room on top to place bread chips etc... The drawer we removed we put under the seat for storage. A hanging shoe bag hangs nice inside the bathroom however we alway put up a canopy next to our awing an put the shoe bag on it. ( flash lights , bug spray, sun screen, etc.. Fits nice in that ). We also bought little storage box with snap on lids to use for the little things. They are a dollar at the dollar tree. They stack three high in the cargo net area and 7 across if you need that many. I don't. . I have mine labeled to what is in them. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1466915935.291021.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	112226Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1466915954.613870.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	112227

The price in the picture for the smaller one is wrong. We paid $13.98 plus tax

We also took a TV tray table cut the legs off it and redneck engineered it as a stove top cover that was 8.97Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1466916267.266562.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	289.0 KB
ID:	112228Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1466916329.953153.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	112229
Stacysooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 05:06 PM   #5

You inspired me! I bought the tray table today- how did you make it work? Also have those drawer units on order- local store didn't have them in stock
Old 06-27-2016, 11:58 PM   #6

My husband cut the legs off and moved the side rails out just a tad. It took him 15 min to complete the project.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:03 AM   #7

Make sure when you travel if you put one of the storage containers on top of the refrigerator that you either find a way to anchor it or set it on the floor.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:57 AM   #8

Some good ideas here. I made a stove top cover as well. I made it from scratch though. I like the idea of drawers next to the sink. I'll have to do that. I bought bathroom shower rack that came with suction cups and put it on the wall over the toilet. I did screw it in though. I was on the fence about drilling holes for a while my self. Then I decided that there were just some things that needed done for quality traveling. I'll have to take some pictures of my mods. My wife and I also added a nice back splash behind the sink to make it feel more like home on the road.
Marty529 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage