Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #1

suspension

well I finally found a dry day to get the 295 wp toy hauler up to the house to add some suspension. I purchased the dexter ez flex equalizer and wet bolt kit with the heavy duty shackles. I also added shocks so with the air ride hitch this should handle and ride very nice loaded.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0421131824.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	28709   Click image for larger version

Name:	0421131824a.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	28710   Click image for larger version

Name:	0421131825.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	28711   Click image for larger version

Name:	0421131825a.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	28712  
dsrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #2

Where did you mount the top of the shocks?
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #3

MONROEŽ COMMERCIAL VEHICLE :: Trailer Retrofit Kits
Old 04-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #4

right through the frame but I didn't think much of the upper mount pieces included with the kit so I made my own, they are a whole lot stronger plus needed them wider because what they sent wasn't long enough to clear the I beam frame. I would've mounted them on the outside or tire side but the gas line on the one side didn't leave enough clearance for my comfort levels so I opted for the inside. when I can I will take better pics. I probably will add second shear mounts for the shocks at a later date, on both the axle and frame. what is there should be good enough for now imo. I didn't weld the new mounts on and probably would feel better if I did but what I built should do the job since they are just shock absorbers and not air's or coil overs. I did buy them longer than specified and mounted them with the hangers pointed down because I plan on changing the tire out from the 225 15's to 235 16's and will need an extra inch of height so probably a 2" lift at some point and this should accommodate that. I messed up when I ordered the kit a while back and didn't know that each kit was for tandem so I ordered qty 2 so I have another kit for another tandem axle trailer lol i'll have to put it up for sale once i'm done.

another option Dexter Axle - Trailer Axles and Running Gear Components - K71-175-01 Shock Kit
Old 05-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #5

well put 700 miles round trip on the toy hauler and I can say with out a doubt that the air hitch and ez flext plus shocks were worth every penny and time to install!!!! hung my coat on the hook and it was still there after an 8 hr drive across 2 state lines and the roads in oklahoma are crap!! lol couldn't be happier

not that this was a good idea but once I jumped on innerstate 80 in Nebraska it ran sooooo smooth I set the cruise at 80 mph and flew passed people up hills but I do have 10 ply tires that are over rated by about 30% for the load rather than camper tires that are 30% under capacity like they all come with imo! lol