Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2015, 01:13 PM   #21

They picked mine up and returned it to me. Only problem with that was I was not able to check it out for repairs and other problems. Was returned with one slide not working ended up in repair shop for another 3 weeks.
j free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 02:32 PM   #22
Occasional campers

Decent back-to-factory experience

We had delamination and our Rockwood had to go back to the factory. I drove it to Indiana from Ohio (fortunately, not a horrible distance); the folks doing the repairs were good on phone and e-mail, and the repairs were done much sooner than I expected. Fortunately for us, our dealer picked it up and brought it back, so I didn't have to make a repeat trip.
One of the big problems with RVs seems to be an absolute lack of configuration control--there are no drawings that anyone will admit to, and most of the repair people have confirmed that things aren't the same from one rig to another. Even in same-stock-number trailers for the same year, I've found significant differences that don't show up on spec sheets.
Ray and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:20 PM   #23

It's not just in trailers but any specialty manufacturing. I work for a limousine manufacturer in the factory repair shop. Even with plans and drawing when we had to do repairs or talk some one thru them if was mind boggling what we would find. And none of these it's show on the final inspection line. Prime example was the tv mechanism, the factory guys put them on 180 degrees out and no one new it until the tv came up and fell over after multiple operations. Panels that should have had 4 screws holding it on could have up to 20 or 30 because someone was bored. Quality control can only do so much but find issues enough and they should be implementing permanent fixes to these problems
Dabmeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 09:59 PM   #24
Rivnut

Smile taking the trailer back to the factory

Our group left one Aviator at the factory after the 2015 Rally, Mine has been there and picked up on the first snow, If you want it done right, take it back.
Rivnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 10:13 PM   #25

Hey trbomax,
Although we did not see them, We were told that there were camping sites to stay over nite when you drop off your trailer. Makes sense since they host the rally there in Elkhart with up to and including 50 AMP service. We are getting a complete PDI (pre delivery inspection) on our unit when we pick it up, so make sure you ask for one. We saw several FR divisions down there located near the Cedar Creek factory. Good Luck! Bill and Michelle
numbersman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory, trailer