Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2014, 05:23 PM   #1

Tie downs

I have a 19wp the tie downs look a little small has anyone had any problems or issues. How are they attached to the floor?
barto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:27 AM   #2

barto. I just replaced all 6 of mine in my 19WP and added two more up front. I ordered them from Patty at Forest River at $4 each. I had cleaned the rubber floor with vinegar in a carpet cleaner and the vinegar turned the tie down rings hazy. They looked bad.
Forest River did a good job on installation of the tie down rings. They are screwed to a stud in the floor with 2 3/4" screws and also had construction adhesive helping to hold them down. I had to use a pry bar to pull the old ones out. I purchased the best construction adhesive from Lowes and new heavy duty wood screws to put them back in. The tie down rings themselves are 2500 lb rated, but I would not pull that much on them.
I am hauling racing go karts and I strap them down pretty hard and not worried about them pulling out.
Greg.
gregamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:37 AM   #3

Hello, we just bought a 2011 Wolf Pac 19 wp ...it only has 4 tie down spots near the rear, I need to ad 2 more near the centre plus a wheel chalk for a motorcycle ..this would be just forward and between the 2 front wheels of the trailer. But the trailer has a cover under it that hides the bottom of the trailer ...I know the fresh water tank is in the area ...not sure where I should be drilling to ad the tie downs and the wheel chalk harness ....any suggestions? Thank you!
Sam Rizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:50 AM   #4

Sam. You can feel the wood studs through the bottom plastic cover. From underneath, I measured over from a water hose that went through the floor to a stud. I then went inside and found the same water hose and measured over the same distance on the floor. I noticed my measurements were exactly inline with the rear tie down rings. So the studs run the length of the trailer.
I drilled a small 1" hole first to ensure I was centered over a stud. Keep in mind to only go as deep as the floor plywood. Don't drill into the stud, except for your pilot hole. Then go with a 2 3/4 hole saw for final size if using the same factory tie down rings.
I installed two tie downs between the refrig and bathroom sink cabinet.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:37 PM   #5

Pics of the two tie downs I added near the front.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:52 PM   #6

I agree they look a little small ...I removed one ...and found that the screws are long ...but
T they are screwed into the two by four ...might be ok for a an ATV ....not sure about a full size bike
Sam Rizzi is offline   Reply With Quote