Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2018, 05:32 PM   #41

Low pressure grill suggestion

For the past 3 years my wife and I have used the Camco Olympian 5500. We found one at Camping World on sale and we've not regretted that decision.
It is compact and folds neatly for storage. This grill is setup for low pressure (we have an external propane connection on the 270s). This grill heats up quickly, in fact you don't want to turn this on to the 'high' setting and walk away :-) as it will get very hot!
rhutzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:38 PM   #42

we love our weber Q with rolling stand!!!!
highlandertiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:54 PM   #43
Crazy Dog Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddbck View Post
Camp chef is the best & will plug into your quick connect.
The RV connection hose supplied by Camp Chef is not compatible with the Mountain Series stoves (only the big monsters). I placed an e-mail to Camp Chef today to ask if there's a workaround for this.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:57 PM   #44

Bought the wife a Blackstone 17”. She was skeptical, I seasoned it in for her and she loves it, especially since I hooked it into the camper. She was even cooking corn on the cob on it the other night.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:37 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedu View Post
Get a Wber Q and a stand alone propane tank. You wont regret the decision.
X2. I considered for maybe 2 seconds to convert to a low pressure quick disconnect and opted for a separate tank and hose. I did not want to be tethered to my TT and wanted to use my Q on my condo balcony. The low pressure conversion would not allow me to use my Q unless I was within a cords length from my TT. I was a little hesitant of the heat output, but after my first use, definitely NOT a problem.
johng4706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:59 AM   #46

http://torjik.com/#_convertaq

or

Calore
I got from Amazon... easy, my wife did it.
Weber Q Quick Disconnect Conversion Kit

After screwing in all you have is quick disconnects to make it either stock or low pressure.
It makes it low pressure for RV connection and also puts a QD on regulator side so you can quickly reconnect the OEM regulator to make it small tank or large tank compatible again.
With the low pressure disconnect I hook to my RV with it set on a folding table... If I want to get farther away, I have a long quick disconnect hose to move it in the camp.
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:02 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaboSnow View Post
We have the full set of Camp Chef Pro 60. Great stuff but heavy and bulky. When we are traveling and decide to stop for lunch or dinner, we wanted something smaller and lighter. We bought a Char Broil PORTABLE GRILL2GO® X200 GAS GRILL. Very well built, easy to use and clean. You can use the small bottles or hookup with a larger tank. Cooks very fast and has a system that stops flair-ups. You can pick one up at Walmart for less than $80. Best unit we have ever used.
I have one of these mounted on the swing arm grill mount on my Vibe. Great grill, I really like the Tru-Infrared grills from Char-Broil. I also converted it to hookup to the campers propane quick disconnect line.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:44 AM   #48
I Break Everything

We use a Weber Q. Works well. I prefer steaks prepared over flame as opposed to the griddle method. We are only cooking for 2-4 people at most. We have an electric skillet if we need bacon, and it has a lid. No wind effecting performance or grease everywhere.

Choose what you like, and remember you get what you pay for. For me I always get stainless steel burners.

2015 Georgetown Forest River 351DS Class A
2008 Keystone Cougar 293SAB 5th Wheel
2007 Jay Flight 30.5RLS 5th Wheel
2006 Jay Flight 29BHS TT
mikel68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 12:49 PM   #49

I forgot to mention when I gave my endorsement of the Weber Q that we also bought the griddle for it. It covers one side of the grill. We use it for everything from grilling veggies to frying eggs, cooking bacon and I've even made pancakes on it. Cleanup is really easy too. We toss the aluminum drip pans and when we get home, the grill gets a thorough cleaning by putting the grates in the dishwasher and the inside of the grill itself gets a spray de-greaser cleaning followed by a good hosing out. 15 minutes tops to do all that. It's looks brand new every time we take it with us. I wouldn't buy anything else.
RobH063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:35 PM   #50

I use a pellet smoker for grilling, have been for years. I just dont like the way Propane grills cook. Plus, with my pellet smoker I can smoke a brisket or pork butt all night long. Had an RVQ on my 02 trailer, I really liked that little sucker. It ran off the onboard propane connector. I like the newer models but have not seen what they have currently. And now, pellet smokers are under the same fire restriction regulations as Propane grills.
92 GMC K2500 454
2006 Honda Rubicon ATV
zuterbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:35 PM   #51

Send a message via AIM to B and B
I have a less expensive Nexgrill from Costco. Just put in a plastic bin with my vintage Coleman Propane Stove.

Now if you really want to cook you need a Green Mountain Grills Pellet stove. This is the only way to cook at camp. Put a 10 lb pork roast on for 8 hours and yummy vegetarian fed Pork on my Fork!
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:34 PM   #52

Thank You all for the replies. I have used a grill for years. I think I'm going to try a griddle and decided on the Blackstone.
1993 Kawasaki KLR 650
1998 Polaris Sportsman 500 ATV
2004 f150 & 2008 f350 dually V-10
hiinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 07:49 AM   #53

We use this model

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Nexgrill...0033/206023898
RECONUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:16 PM   #54

17” Blackstone has served us well. A little more flexable than a grill. Everyone from burgers to hash browns on the griddle.
swaldrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:53 PM   #55

Black Stone. Wait for prime day on Amazon ��. Best grill and deal ever!!
crunkstance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:57 PM   #56
Mod free 5er

Still using the RVQ that came with our 2012 5er. Have a brand new one in the garage if the original ever gives out. We use it about 3 months a year in the winter in FL.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:19 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiinthesky View Post
It's time to buy a new propane grill and/or griddle. My grey Wolf 26rr has a quick connect for the propane. Just wondering what brand/make of grill or grill/griddle combination you people are using and why you like your particular make/brand???
I just bought a Traeger Scout wood pellet Grill with a griddle to carry in my new 2018 Coachmen Leprechaun 260DSF.Have a larger one at my house and a big Webber that I haven't used since I bought the Traeger 2 years ago. I'll carry Hickory, mesquite, apple, pecan pellets from home and a mix from Ace Hardware. I plan on cooking Bacon, eggs and pancakes on the griddle next week with a wood fire odor wafting through through the camp to attract my 5 grand kids to breakfast.
RestlessRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:31 PM   #58

I have been using a Weber Q series grill for a few years now. Small, light, easy to use and clean. Steaks, fish, veggies, whatever, everything cooks great on the grill and since it’s just my wife and I it is more than enough grill for us. The folding base mount is small and light and the grill hooks right up to my propane bottles. Plus you get the Weber support to keep it going.
Joemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:35 PM   #59
Deerslayer68

Black stone griddle all the way!!
Bdershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:42 PM   #60

Coleman Road trip. Had ours probably 8 or 9 years now. The inside is chrome plated and the grills double as griddle and are porcelin plated. Ours folds, has wheels, and two side pull out shelves. A roller bag is an accessory we use.

Cleaning takes multiple rinsing and some scrubbing but it drains well and our chrome is almost unblemished and the griddles are brand new looking.

Two burners. Uses disposable propane bottles and comes with a decent regulator which is probably proprietary to the particular burners

I think ours was about $120 at camping world on sale.
ChrisParise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane