Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2018, 08:45 PM   #61

Been camping all over the world. No kidding, literally all over from Southeast Asia, to Asia, Europe, and lots of other unfun places. Coming up on 70 and have cooked everything from monkeys to dogs and anything else I needed to eat over open fires and homemade grills to some pretty exotic gas grills. I have always had good luck with Weber. They back up their product and you can get parts and support 24/7.
Joemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:14 PM   #62

Sam's club $99 staineless steel. Works great also Blackstone 17" griddle. Great for breakfast
fairpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:17 PM   #63

Weber Q for me although kids got me a Blackstone 17" portable griddle and I"m loving it. Compact enough to take both with me.
boatnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:52 PM   #64

Our Napoleon clam shell is 6 years old and has been great. Compact easy to clean cooks a full meal for 2. What more can you ask. We do 90% of our cooking outside including eggs.
kirkwilliams2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:55 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiinthesky View Post
It's time to buy a new propane grill and/or griddle. My grey Wolf 26rr has a quick connect for the propane. Just wondering what brand/make of grill or grill/griddle combination you people are using and why you like your particular make/brand???
Camp Chef 3 burner here. With a 2 burner griddle, so I can griddle and still have a burner for pot cooking. None better for the money. Not super heavy, but does have some weight.
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:01 PM   #66

O Grill

We have been using an O Grill for 3 or 4 years. With it's dedicated stand it is quite stable and no problem. The extent of "modification" is a hose to screw in to the fitting for the propane bottles on one end and a quick disconnect on the other.

Actually it's not bad to clean - for a BBQ.
Eidolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:09 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedu View Post
Get a Wber Q and a stand alone propane tank. You wont regret the decision.
Have a Weber Q. Love it! Tried many others, but the Q is perfect. Carry 20# tank. Bought the stand for it that folds fits in bed of pickup. Even cooking, no hotspots. Propane miser.
Arkiepup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 01:42 AM   #68

Not this one

Camco 5500. Very high heat with mediocre burner regulation. One can learn how to cook on it. It is, however, a stressful proposition to avoid burning one's food or, worse yet, one's self. Not our 1st choice (would have gone with Weber) but it fit the exterior compartment on our SunSeeker whereas the Weber wouldn't. No conversions needed & worked straight away.
northerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:58 AM   #69
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I have both the Webber Q and a Blackstone 22 inch griddle, I love them both, the webber especially since I converted it to quick connect I use them both that way.
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:18 AM   #70

Don't Do It!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
I have been using this for the last two seasons. I hate it. The ignition quit working last year and if it isn't set to the highest flame setting, it just goes out. Cleaning it is a pain. It is no doubt the worst grill I have ever purchased.
mridenour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:56 AM   #71

Char-broil grill2go. Infrared heat gets super hot, quick with an accurate gauge. For other cooking a propane Coleman stove. Rig came with a unit that attaches to the side of the trailer. Just not comfortable with that.

Smile, It’s the second best thing
you can do with you lips!

2018 F150 4x4 3.5 ecoboost 3.55 EL + 2017 Rockwood Ultralite 2304ds
tuckr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:47 AM   #72

Blackstone, only way to go...
DEWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:54 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEWoods View Post
Blackstone, only way to go...
This! We used the grill that came with our camper for the past few seasons, which was okay, but this season we picked up the 17" Blackstone and it is a game changer. We cook breakfast, lunch and dinner on it and couldn't be happier.

I highly recommend the griddle quick connect adapter that Propane Gear sells online, so you can plug it right into your campers propane line. You can piece together an adapter from fittings sold at the various hardware stores for less, but if you're like me and want simple and something you can screw on and off to switch back and forth with the little cans, then this is the best option I found.
afugazifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:08 AM   #74

Charcoal anybody?

Gas! Electric! I guess that's okay if you live in your camper, but not for me camping for fun. I carry a Weber kettle full size charcoal grill. Cook country ribs cut from the pork shoulder (not loin) low and slow for 3 hours.

I'm thinking most of you that use a portable or camper bumper style grills just have no idea how to cook good food.

I use a thick tie-down strap to around the lid for easy loading in back of truck.
rockinreel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:16 AM   #75

We like our Green Mountain Grills pellet grill at home some much that we bought their portable Davy Crockett model for camping. It's a great little grill, very versatile and food tastes great. It can also be used as an oven, for baking things.

https://greenmountaingrills.com/prod...et-grill-wifi/

Runs on AC or DC power, and wood pellets.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Davy-Crockett-Grill.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	177684  
Old 06-29-2018, 10:26 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankirk View Post
We like our Green Mountain Grills pellet grill at home some much that we bought their portable Davy Crockett model for camping. It's a great little grill, very versatile and food tastes great. It can also be used as an oven, for baking things.
I've had my eye on this. I have a pellet grill (Grilla) for home use and would LOVE to smoke some meats at the campsite. Do you find it keeps temps as consistent as your larger model?
afugazifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:36 AM   #77

Propane Grill Options

I've been through this and here are my thoughts. I had the Coleman Road Trip and as space is always a concern with RV's it was quite bulking. Additionally it was a real pain to clean while at the camp site. I always had to unload it when I got home and really wash it down. I also went out and bought all kinds of Grates and skillets and none worked great. Then I found the Q 1200. Small in size but great cooking surface. Cleaning couldn't be easier. By removing one screw you can remove the heating element and then just scrub it down with grates in place. I love this thing. But my newest find is the Blackstone 17 Griddle. This is the easiest, minimal clean-up best cooking unit which packages up into a nice square for easy storage. All my cooking utensils store right inside. You just season the cast iron surface and clean-up with just water. I carry both the Q1200 and the Blackstone 17. If I had to choose 1, I use the Blackstone a lot more.
Vladimir1832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:06 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by afugazifan View Post
I've had my eye on this. I have a pellet grill (Grilla) for home use and would LOVE to smoke some meats at the campsite. Do you find it keeps temps as consistent as your larger model?

Yes, I think it is very consistent because it is a smaller area to heat. It works very well. My only issue was that I didn't like using it at ground level so I bought a folding table at Harbor Freight for $20, and it works great.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:42 PM   #79

My thing is easy clean! The ones that come with trailer are horrible i think for cleaning, cannot get to parts to clean sharp. And if you use it attach to your camp side mount, ha, you will have to scrub side wall to get grease off trailer. Now, mostly just me and my wife,, Daughter and family now and then. But I bought a Coleman Grill and Go with burner attachment and griddle attachment , all in bag super easy to clean and light and packs well , love it. OK I just just bought a Blackstone table top griddle , just took out of box , I am impressed so far, yes top cook surface is a little heavy, but thank it will work well for Us will use this Wednesday for blacken shrimp and fish ! And also just pick up a George Foreman electric grill pedestal or table top, larger cook surface, no gas , no stick top, and light for it size. will take it on occasion, but for now My Coleman grill & go and my Blackstone is or choice , my thing is easy clean and not too bulky.
GarFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 06:46 AM   #80

We use the Weber q series and a 20 lbs bottle with a 10 foot hose we love it. I just strap the bottle on the trailer it's out of the way.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
mshenygo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane