Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2015, 03:20 PM   #1

tires

We all know that those Chinese tires from the factory are the best... That being said, I'm looking for some new tires and will be installing before spring the awesome Chinese tires are wearing on the outside and cupping in the center all 4 of them trailer is not overloaded and psi is at max when COLD. I'm thinking of switching to radials now that being said LT tire or ST mite be hard finding a 14 in" LT tire. thanks in advance.. 2014 greau wolf 26rr
jon497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 02:49 PM   #2

Maybe I worded it wrong, but nobody out there has any suggestions on what they have done with their wolf pack toy haulers.
jon497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:37 PM   #3
TGR

There are several threads on tires for various trailers on many RV forums. You might want to do a search and read what others have said. There are many strong opinions on tires.

I chose an upgrade on my trailer to Maxxis tires but Goodyear Marathon tires are also well regarded by some. ST tires are designed for trailers. Many claim success with LT tires while others say the sidewalls are too pliable, the tread is too soft and they can cause towing problems. I have no experience with LT tires on a trailer. I recommend you keep up your research as opinions are not necessarily facts.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:37 PM   #4

what is the stock size on your grey wolf? on mine it came stock with 205/75/14. i went up a size ( 215/75/14) for some extra capacity and went with hercules ST tires. most people go with goodyear marathons or maxxis 8008. in a 14" you wont find alot of variety. the hercules were good but I traded the trailer in so I cant give a good review for longevity
jgroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:03 PM   #5

Hercules 235/85/R16 G rated, I call em rock crushers.
I spent better part of a week searching Tire companies to find out where there tires come from only coming to the conclusion there are no RADIAL trailer tires made in the USA any longer, with exception of the Goodyear G614 which will cost $350 per..
So I keep up on inflation pressures (before I hitch up) and drive 65, no problems to date three years traveling across the beautiful USA..
Zoo1392 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires