Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 742
Trailer Jack

I have the 21RR and my driveway is sloped so it's hard to level when I park there. I would like input on a heavy duty electric jack to replace the stock hand crank. I need one that will lift the front fairly high. Sorry I don't have exact height I need available right now but jack fully extended and at least 12 inches of board under it isn't enough. Any recommendations?
__________________

__________________
2016 Vengeance 320A
2015 Chevy 2500HD LT 6.6L 4x4 ccsb Z71 trim
2012 HD Electra Glide
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Nights camped 2016-43
Nights camped 2017-47....
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
They make a foot extension that pins on, I believes gives you a 6" rise .
Look here.
http://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Acce...Jack_Foot.aspx
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 742
I thought about that but I need to take a picture of when I park the trailer. The Suburban is level but the tt is at an angle so my jack is very close to the ground. Currently I have to park, unhitch, drive away and let hitch fall, then use a floor jack to lift up front of tt, put more blocks under stock jack. Not an easy process.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	In driveway.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	19632  
__________________
2016 Vengeance 320A
2015 Chevy 2500HD LT 6.6L 4x4 ccsb Z71 trim
2012 HD Electra Glide
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Nights camped 2016-43
Nights camped 2017-47....
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,429
Maybe use blocks or get some ramps to back the TV wheels onto so that the rear of it is elevated when unhooking allowing more blocks to initially be placed under the jack?
__________________
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Jestercyco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 449
Electra glide,
I have the same issue at my house! I think my drive way has a little more drop than yours. My procedure was almost the same as you are having. I bought the Husky Brute # 87247 electric jack. It has a movable foot that you can add about 9" down. It is 4500 #'s because I have a heavy TH @ 1400's tongue weight. I bought it through Amazon.com for about $200.00 and free shipping. i hope that will help you out.
Jester
__________________

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #6
TeresaInCAL
 
TeresaInCAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: California foothills
Posts: 416
I've used a concrete pier : Mutual Materials from The Home Depot - Model#: M1212POSM001
When at home to hold the jack, very sturdy. Home depot has them 8" tall. Combine that with the 6" extension, and there you go.
__________________
Teresa
2013 f150 Ecoboost 4x4
2009 Gray Wolf, 22BH
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #7
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra glide View Post
I thought about that but I need to take a picture of when I park the trailer. The Suburban is level but the tt is at an angle so my jack is very close to the ground. Currently I have to park, unhitch, drive away and let hitch fall, then use a floor jack to lift up front of tt, put more blocks under stock jack. Not an easy process.
Why unhook by running the tongue jack down as far as it will go, then run the stab jacks down and then retract the tongue jack and put your blocking in? Wouldn't need the floor jack.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,429
He seems to be saying that there isn't enough distance between the bottom of the jack and the ground to get enough lift, so offering different options of WHAT to place between the bottom of the jack and the ground isn't going to help. Seems to me he has 2 options- either get a jack with a higher maximum lift height(his original plan) or use something to get the initial tongue height of the trailer higher allowing more blocks or whatever to be placed under the jack initially, e.g. use blocks under the TV rear wheels(my suggestion).
__________________
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #9
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaInCAL View Post
I've used a concrete pier : Mutual Materials from The Home Depot - Model#: M1212POSM001
When at home to hold the jack, very sturdy. Home depot has them 8" tall. Combine that with the 6" extension, and there you go.
Just make sure you put a plate of either wood or metal to protect the concrete pyramid.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #10
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
He seems to be saying that there isn't enough distance between the bottom of the jack and the ground to get enough lift, so offering different options of WHAT to place between the bottom of the jack and the ground isn't going to help. Seems to me he has 2 options- either get a jack with a higher maximum lift height(his original plan) or use something to get the initial tongue height of the trailer higher allowing more blocks or whatever to be placed under the jack initially, e.g. use blocks under the TV rear wheels(my suggestion).
He uses the tongue jack to unhook, just crank it up higher and then use the stab jacks.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.