Old 09-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #1

Trailer Jack

I have the 21RR and my driveway is sloped so it's hard to level when I park there. I would like input on a heavy duty electric jack to replace the stock hand crank. I need one that will lift the front fairly high. Sorry I don't have exact height I need available right now but jack fully extended and at least 12 inches of board under it isn't enough. Any recommendations?

Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Nights camped 2016-43
Nights camped 2017-47....
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

They make a foot extension that pins on, I believes gives you a 6" rise .
Look here.
http://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Acce...Jack_Foot.aspx

Old 09-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #3

I thought about that but I need to take a picture of when I park the trailer. The Suburban is level but the tt is at an angle so my jack is very close to the ground. Currently I have to park, unhitch, drive away and let hitch fall, then use a floor jack to lift up front of tt, put more blocks under stock jack. Not an easy process.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	In driveway.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	19632  
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Nights camped 2016-43
Nights camped 2017-47....
Electra glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #4

Maybe use blocks or get some ramps to back the TV wheels onto so that the rear of it is elevated when unhooking allowing more blocks to initially be placed under the jack?
Old 09-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #5

Electra glide,
I have the same issue at my house! I think my drive way has a little more drop than yours. My procedure was almost the same as you are having. I bought the Husky Brute # 87247 electric jack. It has a movable foot that you can add about 9" down. It is 4500 #'s because I have a heavy TH @ 1400's tongue weight. I bought it through Amazon.com for about $200.00 and free shipping. i hope that will help you out.
Jester

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #6
TeresaInCAL

I've used a concrete pier : Mutual Materials from The Home Depot - Model#: M1212POSM001
When at home to hold the jack, very sturdy. Home depot has them 8" tall. Combine that with the 6" extension, and there you go.
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #7
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra glide View Post
I thought about that but I need to take a picture of when I park the trailer. The Suburban is level but the tt is at an angle so my jack is very close to the ground. Currently I have to park, unhitch, drive away and let hitch fall, then use a floor jack to lift up front of tt, put more blocks under stock jack. Not an easy process.
Why unhook by running the tongue jack down as far as it will go, then run the stab jacks down and then retract the tongue jack and put your blocking in? Wouldn't need the floor jack.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #8

He seems to be saying that there isn't enough distance between the bottom of the jack and the ground to get enough lift, so offering different options of WHAT to place between the bottom of the jack and the ground isn't going to help. Seems to me he has 2 options- either get a jack with a higher maximum lift height(his original plan) or use something to get the initial tongue height of the trailer higher allowing more blocks or whatever to be placed under the jack initially, e.g. use blocks under the TV rear wheels(my suggestion).
Old 09-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #9
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaInCAL View Post
I've used a concrete pier : Mutual Materials from The Home Depot - Model#: M1212POSM001
When at home to hold the jack, very sturdy. Home depot has them 8" tall. Combine that with the 6" extension, and there you go.
Just make sure you put a plate of either wood or metal to protect the concrete pyramid.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:56 AM   #10
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
He seems to be saying that there isn't enough distance between the bottom of the jack and the ground to get enough lift, so offering different options of WHAT to place between the bottom of the jack and the ground isn't going to help. Seems to me he has 2 options- either get a jack with a higher maximum lift height(his original plan) or use something to get the initial tongue height of the trailer higher allowing more blocks or whatever to be placed under the jack initially, e.g. use blocks under the TV rear wheels(my suggestion).
He uses the tongue jack to unhook, just crank it up higher and then use the stab jacks.