Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #1

Upper rear bed frame near disaster

We have a 2005 30WP with a queen bed on a steel frame that pulls down from the ceiling using four shocks. The bed frame rests on 1/4" of four rubber donut looking things on steel braces mounted to the wall.

If we are not EXTREMELY careful to pull one side of the bed down exactly level, the bed frame will jam and we've even had the shocks break off the wall, leaving the frame tilted precariously. This bed frame is hundreds of pounds and I'm ready to sell the stinkin trailer because I'm so terrified it's going to kill someone. The last time it happened we were lucky to have been with a group and a bunch of young strapping guys had to come right it.

Has anyone had this problem?!? I can't imagine we are the only ones. I hope I've described it well enough. Any solutions?
Daugpack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed