Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2016, 07:14 PM   #1

Vengeance 25v

So we're seriously considering the 25v to replace our totaled 26rr. The one we looked at had the electric bed from the ceiling and we like the taller ceilings as to not bump our heads in the bedroom. The bed is also 6" wider and 2" longer which comes in handy as I'm 6'1". We also like the fact it has 5000lb axles and d rated tires from factory with 15" rims. Also like the separate door going into the bedroom as we have an 8 year old that always goes to sleep before us. A couple cons we've seen but looking like the pros out weigh them. Any thoughts? Any 25v owners?
drb1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:25 AM   #2

Just saw this post ...

We picked up our 25V this spring and love it so far! We ordered it so got what we wanted and not what we didn't want.

We got fiberglass siding, no lift bed in the back, the upgraded folding sofa/bed in the back, no chairs (they take up too much space and are really expensive for what you get), no gas tank or pump, shower stall in stead of tub, had the factory add a powered vent above master bed and the back of the rig and also had them add another cabinet along the door side of the camper (it doubled our storage to that area and since it came from the factory it looks like it's supposed to be there. It's awesome!) and the rear patio system for the ramp.

Our biggest complaint is the lack of outside storage. There's only one small access door and it goes into the area under the master bed so things can and do get lost back there. We LOVE the huge awning. The awning LED light strip is dim enough that I've forgotten to turn it off at bed time but bright enough to see plenty well under it (we've had one that was sooooo bright we never turned it on). LOVE the larger holding tanks (would like bigger ones though). Love the open space inside and no slideout to worry about.

Our rig came with the "Vengeance King" bed (who cam up with that name!?!?!?!), which measures ~66"x75" and I found something called a "Olympic Queen" and it measures 66"x80" and the sheets I ordered from Amazon fit fairly well.

I swapped out the single battery that came with it and installed a pair of 6v golf cart batteries to extend our dry camping time and it's worked quite well.

I also replaced all locks so I have only 1 key for the entire rig which is 2 main doors and the baggage door. I replaced the water fill door keyed lock with a 1/4 turn thumb lock as I don't like having to have a key to fill the system, etc.

All in all we love the rig and our "toys" are 4 kayaks and bicycles.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:39 AM   #3

Have you looked at the Wolf Pack 24 pack 12?

Cherokee Wolf Pack Toy Haulers by Forest River RV

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 02:46 PM   #4

We looked at so many models and really struggled with our decision but, we finally put a dropsy down and are having a 2017 Jayco T31B custom built to our needs. We're excited, just a little nervous about the 7300lb dry weight...
Old 07-28-2016, 02:46 PM   #5

Deposit, not dropsy lol
Old 07-28-2016, 02:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb1984 View Post
We looked at so many models and really struggled with our decision but, we finally put a dropsy down and are having a 2017 Jayco T31B custom built to our needs. We're excited, just a little nervous about the 7300lb dry weight...
Congrats, looks very nice!!

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote