Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #1

Vengeance 306V first trip

We didn't go very far for the maiden voyage as I just wanted to get it out and make sure all was well. This is our 3rd toy hauler so the learning curve wasn't too steep. We've never had a power awning before so I played with that until the wife got tired of watching it go up and down

Did you know that you can roll it up backwards if you hold the extend button long enough? Oh well, enough of that nonsense.

The trailer is VERY nice, tows fine on the flats and we really had no issues. I do have one question/comment about the drawer slides. I work for a furniture manufacturing company and have seen more than my fair share of face frames and drawer slides. What I have NEVER seen is this:

There's nothing supporting the 'box' for the drawer...well maybe the face frame and the fact that you can't pull the drawer front through the hole, but it really seems weak. I'll add some vertical supports to the back of the 'box' just to make me feel better about dragging this thing down a rough road.

We haven't put anything more than bicycles in the garage, but I'm sure it'll hold the rhino or the street bike just fine. Details on that on the next trip.

Summary: We love it!

Side note to the wiring/stereo people at Forest River: You can't get the audio channel from 5.1 LF or RF. You need at least CE for that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7874.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	11952  
BigKidzFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #2

Second trip out:
All's well, some minor cabinetry issues, nothing that some good wood glue won't fix.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #3

Glad it seems to be going ok. We have had ours out about 4 times since we got it the end of May. Took it in for some warranty work (they replaced the linoleum in the main cabin because the slide out scratched it). Our dealer in Cleburne, TX did a nie job replacing and fixing a few other things that we found on our shake down cruises.

Getting ready for a trip to Port Aransas this thanksgiving (heading down with our son and his family, they have a 5'er too).

By the way, if you can tell me where the drain valves are for the hot and cold water (found the fresh water tank drain). Our dealer was baffled when I asked about them this past weekend too.

Enjoy.
coderider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderider View Post

By the way, if you can tell me where the drain valves are for the hot and cold water (found the fresh water tank drain). Our dealer was baffled when I asked about them this past weekend too.
Having been all over and under that thing, you'd think I'd have an answer for you...but nope. I'll look this afternoon and see what I can find.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKidzFun

Having been all over and under that thing, you'd think I'd have an answer for you...but nope. I'll look this afternoon and see what I can find.
Thanks, sure do appreciate it.
coderider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #6

Hey guys. I know this is an old post but I owuld like to hear more about the 306V. One thing I noticed was the TV/Desk area in the front right corner of the garage. Is there any way one of you guys could give me an accurate measurement from there to the garage door? Basically I am trying to find the smallest garage measurement. I have a 4 seater SXS that should be abe to fit in a 10' garage by a hair but not if I loose 10" with a desk for example. Any other feedback on these units? Do you have a sticker that says what the max load rating for the garage is? Thanks guys!
kfp673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfp673 View Post
Hey guys. I know this is an old post but I owuld like to hear more about the 306V. One thing I noticed was the TV/Desk area in the front right corner of the garage. Is there any way one of you guys could give me an accurate measurement from there to the garage door? Basically I am trying to find the smallest garage measurement. I have a 4 seater SXS that should be abe to fit in a 10' garage by a hair but not if I loose 10" with a desk for example. Any other feedback on these units? Do you have a sticker that says what the max load rating for the garage is? Thanks guys!
You'll lose about a foot from that desk/TV thing (I'll measure the exact # for you tonight) and contrary to what FR says, the garage is just shy of 10'. Our Rhino fits...barely.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKidzFun View Post
You'll lose about a foot from that desk/TV thing (I'll measure the exact # for you tonight) and contrary to what FR says, the garage is just shy of 10'. Our Rhino fits...barely.

Door to door is 10', but that desk thing costs you 7" at the left edge and 11" at the right edge.

Yell if you need more measurements.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #9

Thanks for the feedback! I dont think it will work out for me. My machine is 10'6". I figured I might be able to come up with the 6" by elevating the front wheels or something else to get creative but not a full foot. I like the little desk but it eats up too much space. Maybe Ill go to the dealer to see if they will let me put my machine in the garage. My other concern is max weight rating since I need a full 2K lbs in the garage. Thanks again
Old 03-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #10

One more question for you.. Does the couch in the living room area fold into a bed? Just trying to get an idea of available sleeping areas. Thanks
Old 03-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #11

Quote:
One more question for you.. Does the couch in the living room area fold into a bed? Just trying to get an idea of available sleeping areas. Thanks

Nope, it's just a couch, but having fallen asleep on it many times, it's as good as a bed!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback! I dont think it will work out for me. My machine is 10'6". I figured I might be able to come up with the 6" by elevating the front wheels or something else to get creative but not a full foot. I like the little desk but it eats up too much space. Maybe Ill go to the dealer to see if they will let me put my machine in the garage. My other concern is max weight rating since I need a full 2K lbs in the garage. Thanks again
re the 2,000 in the garage. I don't think that'll work either. I'll look at my weight sticker tonight, but I think 2,000 in the garage will put you right at the max for the trailer (13945) and that's without water, gas and all the other stuff you need.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vengeance (11).jpg
Views:	203
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	25152