Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2014, 06:49 PM   #1

Vengeance 396 toy hauler -ATV hauling

I am looking at buying one of these and I wonder; has anyone tried to haul 2 standard 1 up machines with this? My thought is I may have to turn one 90 degrees and then drive the other straight in, or maybe they will fit side by side.....

2009 Yamaha 550 grizzly and 2011 CanAm 650 XTp

Thanks for any input.

Bruce
Erhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:32 AM   #2

I can't answer about quads but my 376V (same garage) holds my teryx 4 which is 10' 6" by 58" and I have about a foot on each side. None front to back. I can measure mine if u need and maybe u could chalk it on drive way to get an ideal. Maybe see if the will fit in box.
Kickingupmudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:05 PM   #3

Update:

These 2 ATV's fit side by side with about 6" to spare. That's pretty tight, but it works. We'll have to re-locate the fire extinguisher mount, but that is very minor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhard View Post
I am looking at buying one of these and I wonder; has anyone tried to haul 2 standard 1 up machines with this? My thought is I may have to turn one 90 degrees and then drive the other straight in, or maybe they will fit side by side.....

2009 Yamaha 550 grizzly and 2011 CanAm 650 XTp

Thanks for any input.

Bruce
Erhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:15 PM   #4

Hi did you buy the vengeance 396? We just bought one, and it's awesome! Only issue has been draining battery too fast: we can't figure out how to turn off the climate control, as the defroster has wiped out the battery (batteries as we have two rv frigs in it) so much that the generator can't start to charge the battery!
CEDARHAVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:54 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEDARHAVEN View Post
Hi did you buy the vengeance 396? We just bought one, and it's awesome! Only issue has been draining battery too fast: we can't figure out how to turn off the climate control, as the defroster has wiped out the battery (batteries as we have two rv frigs in it) so much that the generator can't start to charge the battery!
Did you go though this sticky thread in the electrical section:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...art-26676.html

In there, it points out how to deal with the fridges that don't have switches to turn off the climate control.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:23 PM   #6

Thank you Kaadk! Thank you, thank you.. Did I say, Thank you for your advice? Can I buy you a beer? Both frigs already "modified" according to the directions you sent us to. So quick and easy! I will update this later after we actually camp in it... Terrible thing to have an on board generator, 5500 onan, with battery so dead overnight that we can't turn on generator to charge the battery....
Old 08-18-2014, 02:36 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Glad to see it worked out for you. I haven't done the mod myself yet as I didn't want to snip any wires and we don't really dry camp. I figured if we ever did, I'd just go pull the jumper that powers the fridge light/climate control and live without a light for that weekend.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:46 PM   #8

We dry camp a lot. My hubby was a contractor before retirement so had no qualms about cutting the wires! We live off grid and dry camp when we leave home. Now we have to figure out a solar set to make the TH solar too...Thanks again.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:04 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Oh, I've got no problems cutting wires in general, but I didn't want to make a permanent change to a fridge for something that's not really a problem for us except for maybe one trip every couple of years. If you dry camp all the time, by all means.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:49 PM   #10

Yes, I've hauled 2 - Honda 250s 4-wheelers side by side in my 3062V
I normally haul my Spyder RTS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spydernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 02:31 PM   #11

We get two 1 ups in our 39b12, pull one in reverse and pull the other right beside it. Can am 500 xt and a 1000 xt. One maybe two inches to spare.
BRUCEANDCYNDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 03:37 PM   #12

Battery life

FYI - In most cases the 'dealer' puts the battery in NOT Forest River. So it depends on the dealer if you get a good one or a cheap one made in China!
spydernut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toy hauler